Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Beta mi-26

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Dec. 10 2002,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">don't they know .zip ?<span id='postcolor'>

rename it to .rar tounge.gif

lostbrothers also make executable self extracting archive

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Dec. 10 2002,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Dec. 10 2002,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">don't they know .zip ?<span id='postcolor'>

rename it to .rar  tounge.gif

lostbrothers also make executable self extracting archive<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif

Yeh, zip is far better than rar or ace or anything else.  Most of all because windows can open it.  Some people may use the excuse that rar and ace's are smaller but that time saved is more than canceled out when you consider that you have to d/l a program to be able to open them.

ugly ugly ugly, they shouldnt have released it yet

but on a good note, when the helicopter is on the ground the propellors tips are pointed down, and when in mid air the propelors raise up

thats about it

Yes, haveing the rotor blades raise up as they go faster is nice.  But the textures do need some serious work, especially the pinkish color on top.  The model also could use some work around the cockpit.  Speaking of cockpit it has none. sad.gif   Ooh, I just noticed that the ramp comes down  smile.gif  but unfortunately the command on the action menu to lower it is in Russian.  Also it looks like the <s>forward</s> all stairs  come down too. smile.gif   You can go up and walk around the bird.  It would be nice if there were a little more detail inside the chopper(seats, etc.).  It does look like a fairly good addon though. One other thing, it seems like you don't see anything around you when you get in cargo. Its like the Mi-26 is invisible.

Every time I try to download this it opens up quicktime what do i do??? sad.gif

no but it wont even open the link it just opens quicktime and the does nothing i cant get it to download someone please mirror it that way i can rename it

RAR is only like 9 megs...... and it makes a 90 megs when a zip is 100 megs.

I dont know why ppl release unfinished addons..... why dont they just wait till they finish it before releasing it?

Cant someone who has it already just mirror it as a zip or rar. instead of a .exe, in which it opens quicktime for me? sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Dec. 11 2002,00:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont know why ppl release unfinished addons..... why dont they just wait till they finish it before releasing it?<span id='postcolor'>

Because they want other peoples opinions on how to make it better ?

OH, i dont know maybe a decent download link would be nice to start it off!! confused.gif

Well, its Beta alright. Crappy textures, Clipping problems all over, no interior. Cockpit missing, no model in Cargo view lod, etc.

But technically its pretty damn good; With all its door animaitons letting you walk all over it. Would be nice if the chopper later got a script like we have seen with BAS MH47E enabeling you to walk around in it inair and transport vehicles (soon).

But this is a beta that I really could live without... tounge.gif Crappy crappy.

brsseb

(And people. THE LINK WAS EXE. You just click on it and it extracts the pbo file in the folder you tell it to. So stop all talk about Zips and RARs or renaming the exe to RAR. Jeeeezzeesss, guys..)

Sorry but iam not good with .exe's so could u give me more instructions because i click on the link and it plays quicktime wtf. just someone needs to mirrior it for me in a zip format can't u do that or rar is good to, but something that doesent make quicktime play and the freez cmon please sad.gif

Minus the textures and cockpit, it's pretty darn good smile.gif

I managed to cram a Hummer, Trabant, Mini, and a Skoda into the back smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tbone @ Dec. 11 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry but iam not good with .exe's so could u give me more instructions because i click on the link and it plays quicktime wtf. just someone needs to mirrior it for me in a zip format can't u do that or rar is good to, but something that doesent make quicktime play and the freez cmon please sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Rightclick on the link, and choose "Save target As"

wink.gif

Thanks alot, like i said ive never done that before but thanks biggrin.gif

surely the Mi26 cant go THIS fast:

lmao.jpg

that cant be right? but anyway, model is pretty good, but as has been said lacks details and cockpit + odd pink on top, and stretch marks (?) underneath

the 3rd person view needs to be moved back alot, all you get is a nice view of the cargo-bay  confused.gif