instagoat

Bad Weapons Dispersion

Anybody else get this?

Only AI vehicles are affected. This is a tank shooting at a 3km distant target. Player weapons are perfectly on target. The dispersion near the target is around 10 meters in radius(!!!). At the distance of the tank (920m), the dispersion is almost 5 meters in radius, as an estimate. To get this number I used the 10x10 meter cubes and stacked them. Dispersion was large enough to miss a single floating cube reliably at 3 km distance.

pidvh6R.jpg

Arma's copyprotection for illegimate copies used to be that player weapons were affected by progressively worsening dispersion. My copy was bought way back in early access phase. For a couple of patches, only AI has been affected for me. I didn't play Arma a lot recently, and I used mods so I thought maybe something was wrong there. Now tanks are coming, and I want to get back and see how they work. I turned off -all- mods for this. What is going on?

I am on Dev Branch.

What's your AI skill level and AI scale in difficulty settings? AI accuracy is affected by those.

by design (since a few patches) and will be reduced by 50% with the next patch

Is it possible to change the dispersion of a vehicle weapon in the 3den editor? Maybe with some command in the vehicles init field?

@kibyde This one used to work. I use ASR AI 3 now so I cannot retest it: 

this setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.1];

So that way the accuracy will be lessened and it will be like the dispersion is changed.

I am looking for a way to change the dispersion of the actual weapon. Not the AI skill.

Not without the source files. Bring it up and maybe they'll look into it or submit a feedback tracker to work the issue.