Callaghan

i7 8700k + 1080ti + 16GB or more - Launch parameters and optimisation.

Creating this as a new topic as all existing advice ranges from 2013-present day, over a number of different patches, full of self-contradictions, and is generally a bit of a mess.

The 8700k has six physical cores, with six more logical cores. What is the optimal way to set the launch parameters and/or any other settings in windows/bios to maximise CPU usage for the game?

Currently my launch parameters include the following modifications, based on advice seen in various different threads.

- 64bit platform

- Extra threads (all three sub boxes ticked)

- Enable Hyper threading

- Enable large page support

- System memory limit (64bit) = 16312

Are any of these options redundant? Am I missing anything?

I know that Arma will not use all cores effectively, I just want to use what's available to maximise performance.

There's no need to set memory limit.

The auto detection should work perfectly fine so also no reason to use extra threads.

Keep the large pages enabled.

Not sure about hyper-threading i believe the game uses every logical processor anyway.

But parameters won't really give you better performance at all, rather inform yourself of the graphic settings.

Some other useful stuff that you might want to enable would be ( -skipIntro, -noSplash, -noLogs, -noPause, -world=empty/altis/whatever world u want to load )

Thanks I'll try large page files. Graphics settings  aren't the issue, I have a 1080ti, which doesn't get stressed at all by Arma 3. That's why I'm wondering about being under 60fps at certain times even though the CPU and GPU aren't anywhere close to being fully used. Not to mention 4gb of ram usage vs a sometimes 16gb pagefile. It's crazy.

In the BIOS, turn off everything that is related to - Intel Virtualization Technology. But if you use the programs for which you need - Intel Virtualization Technology, you will need to enable it.

How does turning off Intel Virtualisation help? Even with large page files enabled, the game doesn't use more than 4-5gb of RAM, even if it desperately needs it. 10gb pagefile and 4gb RAM. I've been playing since OFP 2001, and I know Arma 3 isn't well optimised, but this is shockingly bad for a game that needs it so badly. Still only two cores being used and less than 50% GPU and only 25% RAM even though it's running under 60FPS. My RAM speed is 2666.