avibird 1

How to prevent blufor units to change into opfor uniforms.

I would I prevent blufor playable units to pick up a change into opfor uniforms. I don't want to prevent the use of other gear such helmets backpacks vests ect only clothes. Any help will be greatly appreciate it avibird.

Edited by avibird 1

Wow  you can't switch into enemy uniforms arma3 I never attempted to pick up an enemy uniform before and switch it out only  vest backpacks and gear ect. You know what happens when you assume you make an ASS U ME ? please delete this post I am testing it now to see if this is a fact.  How can I delete this post lol

• Haha 1

And it's forbidden to use civilian clothes as well. You can kill them but not wear their clothes. BI is strict on that.

• Haha 1

To be fair, switching into the enemy's uniform was touted as a feature back when the first A3 trailers/ reveals were released.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

BI should let the scripters decide of what they want for their mission instead of always blocking features. I mean, I'm not against default behavior for general purpose and, indeed, players can be prevented to shift for civ/enemy clothes. But...

What is wrong is the forceAddUniform is too specific to be applied on the fly during game. It misses a "allowUniform" side or equivalent command.

The rule should be: One behavior limit, one disabling limit command for script. We are far from that.

• Like 3

Using the forceAddUniform command as @rübe said would require you to create a custom addAction for this to work.

• Thanks 1

On 25/02/2018 at 10:21 AM, HazJ said:

Using the forceAddUniform command as @rübe said would require you to create a custom addAction for this to work.

Yes, addAction is handy in a specific scene/object. If you want to wear any uniform or cloth just follow the link.

• Like 1

On 25.2.2018 at 9:10 AM, Crielaard said:

So SF is not a respectfull soldier? 

If you drop your uiform in any armed conflict, your a spy and not a soldier, thats means you have lost all protection from the laws of war.

SF for sure don't wear foreign uniforms, rather NO uniform at all, which makes then combatans liek guerillas which have a lesser protection regarding laws of war... see Guantanamo.

One thing that I don't understand. In the editor I can put any uniform on any unit and start the mission and play with that unit. But why did boheima not allow for taking uniforms during a mission but you can in the editor? Does not make sense. Whatbif taking a uniform would decease the LOS and hide the true units identity until something like less the 15 meters or gunfire  made.  That would make for some good behind Enemy Lines missions.

1 hour ago, avibird 1 said:

One thing that I don't understand. In the editor I can put any uniform on any unit and start the mission and play with that unit. But why did boheima not allow for taking uniforms during a mission but you can in the editor? Does not make sense. Whatbif taking a uniform would decease the LOS and hide the true units identity until something like less the 15 meters or gunfire  made.  That would make for some good behind Enemy Lines missions.

Because it most likely uses forceAddUniform command to add it.

Or you could make a timer on a server that every 15 sec check are players wearing wrong uniform so if they are take that off them if not do nothing pls NOTE this method is heavy for a server performance.

1 hour ago, avibird 1 said:

But why did boheima not allow for taking uniforms during a mission but you can in the editor?

It probably all boils down to AI, which they couldn't get to work as they envisioned as they showed us those sneaky stealth mission stuff way back then... so the feature got cancelled to not have to officially support and hack around this forever... Giving scripters the forceAddUniform command officially means: sure go ahead, but you're on your own now buddy. Good luck coming up with something where enemies react "reasonably" to your oh so clever disguise. :hehe:

And to be honest, that was probably the best decision here. There are far more important things to tweak and improve, than such very exotic and highly complex features (that make for a good youtube showcase, but aren't really that important afterall, and would break half of the time anyways... a uniform is just a tiny part of a persons/soldiers identity afterall).

Rule 42 of the soldier manual (Haz edition):

Always look good when going into battle! :grinning:

• Thanks 1