Hi guys! Here's a small mod I made for A3 which adds a satellite to the game.
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma
Features:
-Satellite backpack that can be put on the ground and used to deploy a satellite controle console.

-Satellite interface with computer like interface and fullscreen view.

-Pip view of what the satellite is viewing on any screen.

-Ability to move the satellite live, on small distances through configurable keybinds.
-Possibility to move the satellite on long distances by clicking on a built-in map.
-Satellite is unavailable during long distances travel, unavailability time is calculated depending on speed/distance.

-Normal and thermal view.
Fullscreen mod offers extended actions:

-Detection of heat sources (vehicles and units) within satellite viewrange.
-Included inventory object: Blufor transponder, any unit having the transponder in its inventory will appear with a green square on the satellite.

-Laser targeting
-Tracking: after clicking on the tracking button double click on a unit and the satellite will follow it automatically.

For mission makers:
-Optional "satellite" module, you can define the satellite's initial position by placing the module where you want it on the map.
-From the module you can also define the satellite's moving speed ( default is 100km per hour). This will only impact long distance movement.
-You can make any object a satellite control console by putting "[this] call MRH_fnc_IsSatelliteConsole;" in its init box, if you do not want to give players access to the backpack.
-You can make any screen object display the satellite feed by putting "[this] call MRH_fn_IsSatMonitor;" in its init box.

Languages: The mod is available in both French and English, if you wish to offer help to translate it to another language please contact me.

Multiplayer compatibility: Yes, server key is included.
Pvp compatibility: No, as of yet all sides have access to the same satellite.

***New features ***
The mod now includes two new objects:
The Trivec Avant Satcom Antenna
The Universal Tactical Display

Both objects work together and allow for a lighter use without the need for the backpack, however when accessing the satellite from the UTD you won't have access to the fullscreen mode and its advanced options, those remain only available from a console deployed from the backpack or created from the editor.

To use:
If you have the antenna in your gear you will have the option to unfold the antenna, either from the scrollwheel menu, or if using ace from ace self interactions>>equipment.
This will deploy the antenna in front of you. If you have ace3 enabled you can move and drag the antenna around.

You need to connect the UTD to the antenna to receive a signal, to do so, with the utd in your inventory you will get a scrollwheel interaction when facing the antenna to connect it. Ace 3 users will have the interaction through the ace interaction menu.

Once this is done you can bring up the UTD interface by pressing CTRL+U (default, can be changed in addon options), ace users can also do it from the self interaction menu>>equipment. Of course you need to have the UTD in your inventory.

The signal will get weaker as you move further from the antenna, beyond a 100m you will lose connection from the antenna and will need to return to its position to reconnect the UTD. Also note that the further you are from the antenna the more statics you will get on your UTD screen, and the harder the image will be to read.
The utd interface can be moved around on your screen by dragging it. Close it by pressing the on/off button or the escape key.

You can fold and pick up the antenna at anytime(scrollwheel or ace interaction), once folded you will of course lose connection to the antenna (ACE users might get a small delay before the game detects that the antenna has been deleted and might still be able to access the sat for a short while)

PIP MUST BE ENABLED on the clients graphics settings for the mod to work properly.
Please report any bug you find, it always helps!

Requirements:
Requires ACE3 and CBA_A3

*EDIT*
You no longer need Ace 3 as a requirement:
-Added possibility to use without ace 3 . Ace 3 users will still get the awesome ace 3 interaction menu while ace3 non believers will get the bleak old arma 3 addaction.
-Added possibility to disable features: full screen, lasering, detection and target tracking via cba settings.
added in V1.3.06
Fixed:
-PIP will resume when you exit directly from fullscreen mode.
-Glitches which could happen when tracking targets.
Added:
-Compass and bearing display for the satellite view. (bearing readings might not be 100% accurate, will be fixed when my girlfriend fixes the maths for me **Oooh Maths!**)
-Tracking a target will now display it's speed and bearing.

-Name of units having a blufor transponder will be displayed next to their tracking icon.
-Hovering said unit's tracking icon will display it's name, speed and bearing.
Youtube video guide:

DL:
Download on steam workshop.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

This looks fantastic!

Was planning on doing the same thing with my SOCOM project.

Cool stuff brother.

Fantastic

If this works as advertised in MP it will be part of the standard Modpack in 103SF

Although I dislike the laser target ability. Can it be disabled? 

It cannot be disabled right now but I might add the option in a future release.

• Thanks 1

You can make any screen object display the satellite feed by putting "[this] call MRH_fn_IsSatMonitor;" in its init box.

is not working :/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, loopdk said:

You can make any screen object display the satellite feed by putting "[this] call MRH_fn_IsSatMonitor;" in its init box.

is not working :/

Can Confirm

@loopdk and @Robisfunny I am aware of the issue and will fix it in a next update. For the moment the feed works for anyone who has used the satellite console, but not if the user has not used it. If it doesn't work for you even after that, please make sure that you have PIP enable in your arma 3 graphics options. Also note that if you exit full-screen mode directly to the game without going back to the windowed satellite feed the pip will stop working as well. I'll fix it too soon.

• Like 1

@Crielaard you can now disable lasering, as well as target tracking or access to fuls screen mode.

• Thanks 1

Just som small bugs

10:04:18 File MRHSatellite\DialogsHPP\dialogsSAT.hpp, line 53: '/MRHSatellite/controls/MRHAltitudeName.show': Missing ';' at the end of line

10:04:18 File MRHSatellite\DialogsHPP\dialogsSAT.hpp, line 63: '/MRHSatellite/controls/MRHAltitudeDisplay.show': Missing ';' at the end of line

10:04:18 File MRHSatellite\DialogsHPP\dialogsSAT.hpp, line 73: '/MRHSatellite/controls/MRHViewModeName.show': Missing ';' at the end of line

10:04:18 File MRHSatellite\DialogsHPP\dialogsSAT.hpp, line 83: '/MRHSatellite/controls/MRHViewModeDisplay.show': Missing ';' at the end of line

10:04:18 File MRHSatellite\DialogsHPP\dialogsSAT.hpp, line 104: '/MRHSatellite/controls/MRHSlider.show': Missing ';' at the end of line

10:04:18 File MRHSatellite\DialogsHPP\dialogsSAT.hpp, line 231: '/MRHSatellite/controls/DialogBoxGroup/controls/MRHRefuseButton.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

• Like 1

thanks! I will look into it asap

Your Satelite mod disable map markers?

no it doesn't.

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer ... I discovered your mod a few days ago and I am fascinated. The level of detail you have put in is very good. Congratulations. The small antenna and the other accessories are really good. I started creating missions to play with my friends and from now on our bases there is always a command center to control the satellite that you have brought to the game. Thank you. I read in a publication that some players have had problems and I think I understand that you are trying to correct them. So I would like to collaborate informing you about a conflict that I found with the mod called Dagger Sniper Mod (a beautiful mod full of ghillie suits, weapons, scopes, etc.). The problem is that when I reload the Dagger Sniper Mod in a mission that includes the control center, the console through which I communicate with the satellite, stops working. Surely something in your mod and Dagger's is in conflict. I already sent Dagger a message about this problem to see if any of you can solve it. I hope you find the time to see what happened. Thank you.

Thanks for the input. I will investigate ASAP

• Like 2

The problem of incompatibility with the Dagger Sniper Mod only happens when I am not using the ACE3. With the interaction menu of the ACE3 everything works fine.

The mod must be fucking with the addaction then. I'm sorry I've had a lot on my plate at work lately and haven't had much time to address the issue. Thanks for your input.

• Like 1