Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

An interview with ondrej

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ Dec. 12 2002,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You finished "compromised" yet?<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! No but I haven't had a chance to continue. MaxRes!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 11 2002,08:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as if BIS owes them something<span id='postcolor'>

They DID PAY MONEY for the game, didn´t they? wink.gif

BIS owes them as good a product as possible.

But I know who you mean, people who want a "jump" button so they can bunnyjump in MP and so on...

BIS really are involved, unlike other "godlike" Electronic Arts developers and such. And for that, I´m thankful.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 11 2002,00:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as if BIS owes them something, and as if BIS's support is not good.<span id='postcolor'>

I think we need to put things into perspective here.

I seem to recall that I paid $45 for OFP when it first came out.

So, eighteen months ago, I had that game. Assume I played it five hours a week (on average). So, 78 weeks, 5 hours a week means that I've played OFP for about 390 hours. That means I spent $0.086 per hour on the game. Add in OFP:R which I've had for six months, ($20?) and the figures are a little bit higher.

In an average night out with my girlfriend, we go to dinner ($30 + tip), see a movie ($8 per ticket), and buy popcorn and a coke ($5 if I'm lucky). Thats $51 for ONE NIGHT. BIS only gets the equivalent of nine cents a day from me, and that number gets smaller every time I play OFP. Never mind all the patches and official add-ons they didn't have to give us.

If anything, I think *we* owe BIS more money.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Dec. 16 2002,03:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 11 2002,00:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as if BIS owes them something, and as if BIS's support is not good.<span id='postcolor'>

I think we need to put things into perspective here.

I seem to recall that I paid $45 for OFP when it first came out.

So, eighteen months ago, I had that game. Assume I played it five hours a week (on average). So, 78 weeks, 5 hours a week means that I've played OFP for about 390 hours. That means I spent $0.086 per hour on the game. Add in OFP:R which I've had for six months, ($20?) and the figures are a little bit higher.

In an average night out with my girlfriend, we go to dinner ($30 + tip), see a movie ($8 per ticket), and buy popcorn and a coke ($5 if I'm lucky). Thats $51 for ONE NIGHT. BIS only gets the equivalent of nine cents a day from me, and that number gets smaller every time I play OFP. Never mind all the patches and official add-ons they didn't have to give us.

If anything, I think *we* owe BIS more money.<span id='postcolor'>

Well said, Hellfish6 biggrin.gif

but 30$ for a dinner for two? wow.gif

That's cheap, alot more expensive over here. But I get the point tounge.gif

OFP is both cheap and a good reason to loose some sleep over biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ Dec. 16 2002,04:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In an average night out with my girlfriend, we go to dinner ($30 + tip), see a movie ($8 per ticket), and buy popcorn and a coke ($5 if I'm lucky). Thats $51 for ONE NIGHT. BIS only gets the equivalent of nine cents a day from me, and that number gets smaller every time I play OFP. Never mind all the patches and official add-ons they didn't have to give us.

If anything, I think *we* owe BIS more money.<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, am I ever glad my husband doesn't browse these forums! wow.gif

This all sounds very enticing but when are BIS going to let the "Cat out of the bag" ? May be a nice Xmas present xmas.gif or later in the year at E3 ? I am trying to see how long I have to save for a new computer. biggrin.gif

WE LOVE YOU ONDREJ AND ALL OF THE BIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Operation flashpoint is a truly class game. Well done, its good that they are still looking after their supporters and followers.

Yes good interview there thanks for thet, i play OFP almost daily, and no matter what new game i go out and buy it maybe holds my attention for a day MAX, usually a few hours at most. This game is by far the best i have ever played, most of my friends have no idea what it's about, they spend time playing "Golf" games or some other crap, all except one, who played OFP on my LAN, he was hooked within 5 minutes lol, he calls me all the time to come round for a game...I have had the original copy of this game, then i got Gold Edition, then resistance, then i got the GOTY edition. BUT even then the cost wouldn't come to a normal meal and piss up night out over here in Scotland!!!!! Cheers BIS for many enjoyable days playing OFP. OH and can i have a.........lol J/K

Great interview, thanks a lot for it! smile.gif

And I liked what I read about the pixel and vertex shaders.

It may mean really good looking water and so on, yiiiiiippppiiiiieee!!!!

Again thanks for everything, BIS, keep up the good work. OFP is not only a great game, it`s my hobby and really part of my life! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Dec. 29 2002,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It may mean really good looking water and so on, yiiiiiippppiiiiieee!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

sign_ns.jpg

As you may know the water in Battlefield 1942 (Witch you can swim in tounge.gif) Uses Hardware and Transform Lighting and it looks and runs good  smile.gif If you are on a tnt2 once ofp2 or whatever comes out i sugest you get a Gf2 (or better) iit will prolly be cheaper then the game itself  smile.gif

Edit:

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif !!!!100 POSTS!!!!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

truly historical..  confused.gif  wink.gif  xmas.gif

I have battlefield 1942 and i think that operation flashpoint should really try and copy that water smile.gif

for example, boats get beached if they go too close to the shore etc.

However I love the current operation flashpoint water

Indeed it`s nice, but the best water in a game I`ve seen so far is the water in Morrowind (uses vertex and pixel shader on my Gforce Ti 4200 biggrin.gif ) , especially when it`s raining. I often just stand there with my Lvl 54 Paladin and watch the horizon smile.gif