First, I am sorry if this is not right place or way to start a new topic. Sorry Fox and others if I mistake just delete this or put me in right direction. This is the proposal for new addon/script. It would be nice (and realistic) to add ability to hide in soft grounds like mud or sand just like Feint's function to hide boats in similar surfaces. Just imagine how impact that will have on tactical aspect in solo stealth reacon or diversion missions and like every other addon for our lovely arma, would be a part of new magic with all the possibilities that could have. (items to use for digging, time to perform the action, visibility of character to enemies, safe distance, influence of day time, weather, etc.) Thank you for your attention and sorry on my English.

1 hour ago, Nemanjic said:

First, I am sorry if this is not right place or way to start a new topic. Sorry Fox and others if I mistake just delete this or put me in right direction. This is the proposal for new addon/script. It would be nice (and realistic) to add ability to hide in soft grounds like mud or sand just like Feint's function to hide boats in similar surfaces. Just imagine how impact that will have on tactical aspect in solo stealth reacon or diversion missions and like every other addon for our lovely arma, would be a part of new magic with all the possibilities that could have. (items to use for digging, time to perform the action, visibility of character to enemies, safe distance, influence of day time, weather, etc.) Thank you for your attention and sorry on my English.

Why apologize and post in the wrong forum anyway?

There's a dedicated forum for scripting/editing requests.

No need to apologize for your English, it's fine.

Did you actually take some time and test out the efficiency of camouflage in vanilla arma 3?

It's pretty much where it needs to be in terms of how AI can hear or see you as long as you don't reveal yourself.

When taking a prone position you can have enemies walk within 10m in plain sight of you, without taking note of your presence as long as you don't move, not even the head:

You can also sneak up to enemies from behind, again once they spotted you it's impossible, but so would it be in a real life situation as well:

Even once a unit spotted you, you can simply break line of sight, head 90° off your original movement direction for a few meters and can hide again.

In this video I use the reveal command to inform the AI about me being a threat without giving away my exact position. (reveal 0.1 is basically giving away that there's a threat but not exactly what that threat is)

I order him to move almost on top of me, yet he is still clueless because I don't move or shoot.

All these examples were made with editor placed units and no scripts, AI difficulty sliders both at 0.5.

If this isn't enough concealment for you you can adjust it with setUnitTrait and either audibleCoef or camouflageCoef parameters.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes I am familiar with efficiency of camouflage in vanilla arma 3 and effects of movements, sounds dependings and similar staff. I was testing it on simple way and have written the results somewhere by myself. But my question was involved in values IF the unit is dig into ground /not regular conditions. I apologize and post anyway becouse i maybe hit the right place but for just in case, I make back up of myself, so please if this is not a right place, send me there or something like that. I will write everything again if needed.

Thanks on patience, sir .

**Very useful videos anyway!

#toModerators

please delete topic I see link above in Grumpy Old Man's post I will post there.

My SCOUT Project (see sig) also let's you build a Sniper Blind to hide if you have enough vegetation around you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nemanjic said:

#toModerators

please delete topic I see link above in Grumpy Old Man's post I will post there.

Thread has been moved to the correct location, please use the "report post feature" to alert a moderator. We can't possibly read every post :f:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Thread has been moved to the correct location, please use the "report post feature" to alert a moderator. We can't possibly read every post 

Okay now I am learned that and I am ready to not mistake anymore. But now its a new problem Von Quest answer me up in the post in this thread and now I want to answer him but it will look like countinue to write in this (wrong) thread so what I need to do now? I must answer him. Thanks

-I answered and thats it. I will not write here anymore. Good day sir.

3 hours ago, Von Quest said:

My SCOUT Project (see sig) also let's you build a Sniper Blind to hide if you have enough vegetation around you.

Wonderful detail I was missed totaly when I investigate VQI_scout addon. I have some problems with sample mission there so I stay focused on explosives (fuse) and frogs. It is incredible thing that riches the magic of endless Arma possibilities because of guys like you and yours generous habits. Will do my best to make mission one day enough interesting to you who explore so much and know so much and try to thank you on that way for kindly help me always.

Thank you sir!

1 hour ago, Nemanjic said:

Okay now I am learned that and I am ready to not mistake anymore. But now its a new problem Von Quest answer me up in the post in this thread and now I want to answer him but it will look like countinue to write in this (wrong) thread so what I need to do now? I must answer him. Thanks

-I answered and thats it. I will not write here anymore. Good day sir.

If you quote someone, no matter where in the forums they most likely get a notification.

You can also use @ followed by the name to mention someone, usually triggers a notification as well @Nemanjic

Cheers

• Like 2