Sign in to follow this  
Valken

Maverics Proving Grounds

Did anyone see this trailer from other websites:

Engine looks pretty good and appears to a next gen Battle Royale type game. I hope ARMA 4 would be at this level of fidelity! 

• Like 1

I'm of the opposite opinion. If A4 was to be like this, then the only choice is to put MP first and scrub ai, decent content and game-play options altogether, which is the way gaming is going, unfortunately.

What you tend to end up with, when games are this open to MP (but look pretty), is the same type of game-play.. Boring and dull.

Many groups have the right balance, and when I say groups, I mean those using ai, a varied amount of content and full terrains, within their gameplay. I'd much rather less graphically and much more game-play wise for the future. This is partly what A3 struggles with, ai is all but forgotten, other than keeping it ticking over in a 'fairly' bad way.

There is brilliant ai out there in mod form, that devs won't/can't use, because rightly or wrongly they see performance issues, which means less sales.

Obviously they have to look at the much broader player base. So its easier perhaps, just to give a pretty map and a little content, then leave the players to it. That's great, but it gives nothing to SP or groups that have a more indepth style game-play.

Just imo.