Drift_91

"-checkSignatures" returns "Test FAILED!" on all .bisign files in modpack - Unable to enforce signatures because of this!

Alright, so I run a private server for myself and my friends. One of my friends decided to install a mod that disables weapon sway. I don't want anyone cheating on the server so I immediately enabled a PBO check in ACE3 to deter him. Suspecting he might try to find a way to slip the mod into another PBO that's already part of the modpack or use an injector I turned on BattleEye and enabled signature verification v2.

This is where the problem comes into play. No one is able to connect to the server if signature enforcement or BattleEye are enabled. If BattleEye is on you get disconnected without any message before you even get to the roles screen. If only signature verification is on you get "session lost" or something like that and returned to the server list again. I couldn't find anything in my client or server .rpt file about why anyone's being kicked. So today I tried running "-checkSignatures" and found a likely cause. The RPT is full of this for pretty much every .bisign file except vanilla pbo's:

23:07:58 Key not found for signature C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace\addons\ace_magazinerepack.pbo.ace_3.12.1.31-88963cda.bisign Test FAILED!
23:07:58 Warning Message: Key not found for signature C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace\addons\ace_magazinerepack.pbo.ace_3.12.1.31-88963cda.bisign Test FAILED!
23:07:58 Signature tests for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace\addons\ace_magazinerepack.pbo.ace_3.12.1.31-88963cda.bisign PASSED!
23:07:58 Key not found for signature C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace\addons\ace_main.pbo.ace_3.12.1.31-88963cda.bisign Test FAILED!
23:07:58 Warning Message: Key not found for signature C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace\addons\ace_main.pbo.ace_3.12.1.31-88963cda.bisign Test FAILED!
23:07:58 Signature tests for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace\addons\ace_main.pbo.ace_3.12.1.31-88963cda.bisign PASSED!

Arma3_x64_2018-02-21_23-06-20.rpt
arma3server_x64_2018-02-21_23-19-39.rpt

Anyone know what's going on? I'm completely stumped as to what could be the cause. Some of the .bisign files are even my own.

did you put all the bikeys to arma3\keys folder? 

-checkSignatures is bugged/has bad design as it wont check in modfolders\keys, whereas the game/server exe itself does it correctly

4 minutes ago, .kju said:

did you put all the bikeys to arma3\keys folder? 

-checkSignatures is bugged/has bad design as it wont check in modfolders\keys, whereas the game/server exe itself does it correctly

Ah, alright thank you. I guess the source of the issue with the server is somewhere else then. I figured the check was bugged but I didn't realize it was separate from how the server actually checks.

Now I need to figure out what exactly the server doesn't like about my signatures when it disconnects me... Edit: Is there somewhere other than the server RPT file where it'll show the reason a client got disconnected?