Sign in to follow this  
Joe Ethier

How to build an airbase

Hi, I'm quite new to Arma 3 as far as modding things with the editor. I'm quite a creative guy and I want to build my own base in Altis. I know how to place and edit objects but the only problem I have is fiinding a way to build an airport runway (building roads). Can you help me with that please ?

And is there a way to copy/paste and existant base ? I really love the base in Malden and would be cool if I can copy the layout and paste it in Altis.

Thanks for your help :)

• Like 1

The easiest way that jumps to mind is using the assets found in the CUP terrain mod. It has a bunch of roads and runways accessible in the editor.

Use the new ‘Edit environment/Hide objects’ module and lay items down until you’re happy.

Of course you can use the hide objects module at an existing airport and save yourself the effort of rebuilding the runway.

As far as I know, there is no way to copy and paste the Malden airport. Replicate it maybe?

• Like 2

Have you tried building on the Salt Lake Bed? Its the big white region on Altis located North-Northeast of the map. Its flat and completely empty. Easiest place to build a base.

You can also try the small airbases which use flat earth as their runways.

• Like 1

Its not what you want (a Malden Airbase copy), butttttt......

You can also build them out of piers in the water:

Gm7sfAo.jpg

But honestly, just adding some strips of lights on the salt flat of Atlis would be easier.

Spoiler

Even after all those sections, it still wasn't much of an improvement over the static carrier object

UysO7h4.jpg

Although it could be extended nearly indefinitely

It is quite an addition to and offshore base, just to be able to use fixed wing CAS

YDu4zUa.jpg