Retify

Connecting Steam account to Bohemia Account

Hi,

So I am very new to Arma 3 but have played Arma 2 for a very long time.

On the launcher for Arma 3, the first page that pops up (i.e. Dashboard) has a "Connect my Bohemia Account to My Steam Account".

However when i click this, it takes me to the Bohemia page with my account, but then immediately switches to a new page, which happens to be My account.

Nothing i have found online has helped so anything is appreciated,

Thanks, Retify

thankyou so much, everything is now fixed :) <3

On 2/25/2018 at 5:24 PM, BIS_Wizard said:

Sorry about that. It seems the instructions got lost in time and web page redirects.

Here's a miniguide until it's fixed properly:

If you're on your profile page in a browser (https://accounts.bistudio.com/profile) click on Login tile and on the next page scroll down to the section "Connected accounts" and click on the Steam logo and log in with your Steam account. Then your accounts should be connected and Launcher and the game should recognize you next time you use it.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but could you me help to do the opposite please? i.e. un-link/disconnect my bohemia account from my steam account ? I inadvertently created a 2nd bohemia account   and then made an arma 3 unit with it, but cannot connect it to my steam account. Not sure how to do this. Many thanks

I have done what the Person said to do but i t seems my steam will not connect at all to my bohemia account anything to fix that would be appreciated.

On 7.4.2018 at 7:41 PM, Speckles_Tar said:

I have done what the Person said to do but i t seems my steam will not connect at all to my bohemia account anything to fix that would be appreciated.

Same....

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, Duke101 said:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but could you me help to do the opposite please? i.e. un-link/disconnect my bohemia account from my steam account ? I inadvertently created a 2nd bohemia account   and then made an arma 3 unit with it, but cannot connect it to my steam account. Not sure how to do this. Many thanks

Also have the same problem and would like to unlink the existing steam account 

6 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

What is the purpose of unlinking an account?

Thanks for replying, so I can link my steam account to my actual bohemia account 

On 4/8/2018 at 3:41 AM, Speckles_Tar said:

Yep. Page redirects back to Account Settings main, but the Launcher still doesn't recognise the accounts as being linked.

Because we want too. lol Anyways, ya same issue here too. Had created a BIS account with a different email and made a new one with my new email. Tried linking my new account by hovering over the steam icon at the bottom of the login page it does show 'connect' but after I do it says my steam account is already linked to another account. This account. So I logged into this account and hover over the steam icon THINKING there would be a 'disconnect' appearing. Nothing. There is a hyperlink box just below the steam icon but that just takes me to my steam account. I use Microsoft Edge. Not sure if maybe that could be an issue.

i have the same problem i d k the reason but i cant see the connect page .... ad block ? or anything ? 

Don't know if that's still an issue, but what worked for me was using my mobile phone with WiFi disabled. 

Login to your bohemia account

Go to account settings

Go to login

Scroll down to connect account with steam

it wont connect im clicking CONNECT and then it just sends me back and i click sing in on the steam thing and it makes me do it agian and never works!!

On 9/21/2020 at 2:51 PM, ScxrWolf said:

it wont connect im clicking CONNECT and then it just sends me back and i click sing in on the steam thing and it makes me do it agian and never works!!

same here

On 9/21/2020 at 3:51 PM, ScxrWolf said:

same here

On 4/9/2020 at 6:34 PM, mallinga said:

Don't know if that's still an issue, but what worked for me was using my mobile phone with WiFi disabled. 

Login to your bohemia account

Go to account settings

Go to login

Scroll down to connect account with steam

This actually did not work for me.

I attempted to log in with my phone, without wifi, and the Bohemia page prompted me for a Captcha entry which existed nowhere on the login page.

This is asinine and somewhat infuriating. But perhaps the only thing thicker than the barrier to link my accounts is my skull, with which I will keep headbutting this issue until it caves in under my sheer willpower alone.

(edit)

I had to pass three layers of Captcha trials to post this from my gaming rig.

Edited by cheddar2648
update

I honestly don't know what happened, but after spamming 'sign in' before the bohemia account page loaded on the steam sign in page it suddenly worked. 

I tried doing it, went to (https://accounts.bistudio.com/profile) then in the Connected Account section thingy, my steam was already linked but still my launcher/game is not recognizing, what do I have to do now