avibird 1

OPforsites can they be delayed with a trigger before units spawn in on the map?

I want to use the  multiple Opforsites from the modules that are in the game throughout the map but I do not want them to spawn in at mission start. I try to syn with  a trigger to spawn in when blufor present in he area but no luck all the sites spawn in at mission start. Can you delayed it from spawning and how.

All sites have a condition attribute you can set. Just fill it with triggerActivated nameOfTrigger .

@Larrow I am looking at all the attributes I don't see anything that will allow me to delay spawning of the site ie base  traffic checkpoint and observation post. 

I attempted a basic trigger synced to blufor but it's spawns at mission start.

If you can get it to work please let me know what I'm doing wrong lol thanks Avibird

Ok resolved issue. For anyone trying to get this to work.

1. In the site module attributes  under the condition give a name for the site 

opforM1 

2 in the trigger under the on activation -  opforM1 = true;

3. set your other activation- bluefor

Activation type- present 

Then syn to site module.

Thanks larrow for a push in the right direction.

Ok I have a new issue lol I have a lot of issues. Is there a way not to have the units spawn on the rooftops of the military buildings. I want them on the last floor but not the roof of buildings. Can this be done or Am I asking for too much ?

I am getting an error message but it still works but would like to understand why and if I can get rid of it ?

'l#l error undefined variable in expression: OPFORM1 

Why and can I correct it ?

Why didn't you simply apply what Larrow wrote?

triggerActivated yourTrigger in condition filed of the module(s) after naming the trigger: yourTrigger (or else in both module condition and trigger's name). You don't need any code on activation of the trigger.

You want a delay? add it in the trigger. You want separate spawn? Use several triggers. You don't have to sync the trigger(s) to the module(s).

Thanks sometimes things are not that clear with scripting for me. How can you prevent the spawn of units on the rooftops using the in-game site module. 

Maybe you can't and if I don't want units on the rooftops then I need to use something else then the site module.

• Like 1

The sites module is an simple all-in-one shop thing. You either use it as it comes with all the bell and whistles or you put together your own garrison/militarize setup. Search for garrison script and start from there.