Lennard[TFD]

Execut Script placed on WebSpace

Hey Community.

I was wondering, if there is any way, to execute a Script placed on a WebSpace or another Server.

Like: execVM "http://mydomain.com/test.sqf";

Looks like it is possible with Pictures like here:

Thanks for any Answeres

Greetings Lennard

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pierremgi said:

WIP?

Sure. But this one is about Youtube Videos. I would like to place my Script on my own webspace and send a friend of mine only a small include, pointing to my WebSpace. This way he needn't have to place all scripts in his Mission Folder, I could fix or add things remotly and have the possibility to get my script back, if i don't want him to use it anymore.

Greetings lennard

10 hours ago, Lennard[TFD] said:

Hey Community.

I was wondering, if there is any way, to execute a Script placed on a WebSpace or another Server.

Like: execVM "http://mydomain.com/test.sqf";

Looks like it is possible with Pictures like here:

Thanks for any Answeres

Greetings Lennard

No, this isn't possible. You cannot directly execute a .sqf file located on a web server (at least to my knowledge). You can put the .sqf files server-side though. Why do you need to put them on a web server anyway?

1 minute ago, HazJ said:

No, this isn't possible. You cannot directly execute a .sqf file located on a web server (at least to my knowledge). You can put the .sqf files server-side though. Why do you need to put them on a web server anyway?

I would like to place my Script on my own webspace and send a friend of mine only a small include, pointing to my WebSpace. This way he needn't have to place all scripts in his Mission Folder, I could fix or add things remotly and have the possibility to get my script back, if i don't want him to use it anymore.

He isn't in scripting as good as in mapping. I wanted to make it easier form him to include my scripts, then adding every script an place the includes and so on in his other files.

Not possible. Put your files inside a .pbo and lock/obfuscate it.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HazJ said:

That could be an idea. Thanks for that one

No problem. I have my own app that obfuscates the code. I then use Maverick's ObfuSQF tool to lock.

https://armaservices.maverick-applications.com/Products/Obfuscator/

I forgot to mention that the .sqf files in server-side .pbo can only be called on server using execVM but if you make them into functions you can PV them to client for the to call/spawn or you can just use remoteExec command.

On 18.2.2018 at 9:46 AM, HazJ said:

Easily done with an Extension. There are already Extensions to make HTTP requests and return the result.
Then just compile it and done.

Yeah, with an extension.