Hello,

it has been a while i’ve been looking for this.

having my own community on Arma 3, I often have to identify multiple accounts for same players.

Is there any way to get the player Hardware ID (I mean, unique identifier for same computer) ?

I know there is nothing like this in basic functions, but do anybody have any clue ?

If not, is there a slight chance that it can be added some day ?

If not, do you know where I can send bohemia a suggestion to add this ? (I already know feedback.bistudio, but it’s only for bug reports..)

thanks in advance,

Max

Currently not possible to get some kind of hardware ID of connected players, only player UID.

Also what's wrong with using multiple accounts?

Cheers

59 minutes ago, SmokeMax said:

is there a slight chance that it can be added some day?

If not, do you know where I can send bohemia a suggestion to add this?

What? If there is absolutely no chance that it might be added. Why would you still ask them to add it?

No it won't be added by Bohemia.

You can make your own Extension to do that though. And as it's your Arma Community you sure have the ability to distribute your own Mods.

2 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Currently not possible to get some kind of hardware ID of connected players, only player UID.

Also what's wrong with using multiple accounts?

Cheers

If you ban a player, he still can connect with another steam account

thanks for your answer

1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

What? If there is absolutely no chance that it might be added. Why would you still ask them to add it?

No it won't be added by Bohemia.

You can make your own Extension to do that though. And as it's your Arma Community you sure have the ability to distribute your own Mods.

I meant, do they already planned to do it ?

and if not, where can I ask them to plan it.

it is an unmoded server, so it would be impossible for me to make players download a mod. But thank you very much for the Extension advice.

Does somebody else knows ? Maybe somebody from bohemia ?

19 minutes ago, SmokeMax said:

it is an unmoded server, so it would be impossible for me to make players download a mod. But thank you very much for the Extension advice.

As far as I know a battleye ban is hardware bound, report cheaters to battleye and call it a day.

Easiest way to keep cheaters out is to simply whitelist players.

You could open a ticket on the arma 3 feedback tracker or try to PM one of the devs.

Cheers

Just keep banning if you are sure they are the same person. They will get bored of buying A3 game on new Steam account, or run out of money eventually lol! :icon_cool:

17 hours ago, SmokeMax said:

No they don't plan it. And no they won't do it. There is a reason why SQF is so isolated from the OS.

If you know how to program in C++/C# you could create an extension possibly to return a players computer information e.g. hardware id. This extension would need to be approved by battleye first, I believe you can do that on their webpage. This is presuming that the client has the extension on their side, you can get it on their computer via having addons on your server and what not. I know some vanilla servers have extensions for using a player id and using their extension to relate that to an ip via their rcon. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1