SmokeMax

Find player by id

Hello,

it has been a while i’ve been looking for this.

having my own community on Arma 3, I often have to identify multiple accounts for same players.

Is there any way to get the player id (I mean, unique identifier for same computer) ?

I know there is nothing like this in basic functions, but do anybody have any clue ?

If not, is there a slight chance that it can be added some day ?

If not, do you know where I can send bohemia a suggestion to add this ? (I already know feedback.bistudio, but it’s only for bug reports..)

thanks in advance,

Max

Currently not possible to get some kind of hardware ID of connected players, only player UID.

Also what's wrong with using multiple accounts?

Cheers

59 minutes ago, SmokeMax said:

is there a slight chance that it can be added some day?

If not, do you know where I can send bohemia a suggestion to add this?

What? If there is absolutely no chance that it might be added. Why would you still ask them to add it?

No it won't be added by Bohemia.

You can make your own Extension to do that though. And as it's your Arma Community you sure have the ability to distribute your own Mods.

2 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Currently not possible to get some kind of hardware ID of connected players, only player UID.

Also what's wrong with using multiple accounts?

Cheers

If you ban a player, he still can connect with another steam account

thanks for your answer

1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

What? If there is absolutely no chance that it might be added. Why would you still ask them to add it?

No it won't be added by Bohemia.

You can make your own Extension to do that though. And as it's your Arma Community you sure have the ability to distribute your own Mods.

I meant, do they already planned to do it ?

and if not, where can I ask them to plan it.

it is an unmoded server, so it would be impossible for me to make players download a mod. But thank you very much for the Extension advice.

Does somebody else knows ? Maybe somebody from bohemia ?

19 minutes ago, SmokeMax said:

it is an unmoded server, so it would be impossible for me to make players download a mod. But thank you very much for the Extension advice.

As far as I know a battleye ban is hardware bound, report cheaters to battleye and call it a day.

Easiest way to keep cheaters out is to simply whitelist players.

You could open a ticket on the arma 3 feedback tracker or try to PM one of the devs.

Cheers

Just keep banning if you are sure they are the same person. They will get bored of buying A3 game on new Steam account, or run out of money eventually lol! :icon_cool:

17 hours ago, SmokeMax said:

No they don't plan it. And no they won't do it. There is a reason why SQF is so isolated from the OS.

When a player joins your server, set a variable in their profileNameSpace with their player id, then check players as they join

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If you know how to program in C++/C# you could create an extension possibly to return a players computer information e.g. hardware id. This extension would need to be approved by battleye first, I believe you can do that on their webpage. This is presuming that the client has the extension on their side, you can get it on their computer via having addons on your server and what not. I know some vanilla servers have extensions for using a player id and using their extension to relate that to an ip via their rcon. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

On 13/02/2018 at 4:57 PM, HazJ said:

Just keep banning if you are sure they are the same person. They will get bored of buying A3 game on new Steam account, or run out of money eventually lol! :icon_cool:

No they don't :( unfortunately

On 13/02/2018 at 4:21 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

As far as I know a battleye ban is hardware bound, report cheaters to battleye and call it a day.

Easiest way to keep cheaters out is to simply whitelist players.

You could open a ticket on the arma 3 feedback tracker or try to PM one of the devs.

Cheers

it is not especially for hackers... I mean, we have hackers, but once banned they often don't come back

it is life server, so there are rules which meant to be respected, and banned guys often come back with multiple accounts..... don't ask me where they find the money x)

On 14/02/2018 at 9:44 AM, Dedmen said:

No they don't plan it. And no they won't do it. There is a reason why SQF is so isolated from the OS.

I will try anyway, even if it is refused i would have tested, but thank you for all your answers, you seem to well know bohemia usages.

On 14/02/2018 at 10:15 AM, dave_beastttt said:

When a player joins your server, set a variable in their profileNameSpace with their player id, then check players as they join

thank you men this is a great idea !!!! not fully resolved but will try something with that ! thanks men

• Thanks 1

On 14/02/2018 at 11:28 AM, Heizanjs said:

If you know how to program in C++/C# you could create an extension possibly to return a players computer information e.g. hardware id. This extension would need to be approved by battleye first, I believe you can do that on their webpage. This is presuming that the client has the extension on their side, you can get it on their computer via having addons on your server and what not. I know some vanilla servers have extensions for using a player id and using their extension to relate that to an ip via their rcon. 

Hope this helps.

I know both of C/C++, but as i said earlier :

On 13/02/2018 at 3:57 PM, SmokeMax said:

It is an unmoded server, so it would be impossible for me to make players download a mod. But thank you very much for the Extension advice.

thank you for your answer

On 14/02/2018 at 10:15 AM, dave_beastttt said:

Did it. Works well.

awesome idea men thx ;)

• Thanks 1

Glad you sorted it BUT... If they switch profile or create a new one. Then you may not know. You could save this to the server profile (and send back to client, etc) but this is pointless anyway since buying a new game gives you new ID anyway or did I misunderstand what you mean by ID.

On 17/04/2018 at 11:16 PM, HazJ said:

Glad you sorted it BUT... If they switch profile or create a new one. Then you may not know. You could save this to the server profile (and send back to client, etc) but this is pointless anyway since buying a new game gives you new ID anyway or did I misunderstand what you mean by ID.

If you set their player id (7656 etc) in their profileNameSpace, the only way that would change would be if they changed Steam account, changing profile would still retain the same puid.
It might be good to save their ingame name as well to keep track of any changes.

Uhh? New profile will create new vars file. Try it. What is the point in saving the old UID to check against what? A new game on new Steam account which has a new UID anyway.

On 18/04/2018 at 12:16 AM, HazJ said:

You're right, but they have no idea how we did it ;) so they don't think about it

On 20/04/2018 at 12:32 PM, dave_beastttt said:

If you set their player id (7656 etc) in their profileNameSpace, the only way that would change would be if they changed Steam account, changing profile would still retain the same puid.
It might be good to save their ingame name as well to keep track of any changes.

I'm sorry but you're wrong, as the name says it, profileNameSpace is related to profile, not to steam acc...

12 hours ago, SmokeMax said:

I'm sorry but you're wrong, as the name says it, profileNameSpace is related to profile, not to steam acc...

You can save anything in players profileNameSpace, steam puid, time of day, inside trouser leg measurement etc

1 hour ago, dave_beastttt said:

You can save anything in players profileNameSpace, steam puid, time of day, inside trouser leg measurement etc

You aren't tracking.

profileNameSpace stores data relevant to the currently loaded profile, in <username>.vars.Arma3Profile. If I join your server using my Harzach profile, you can store data in Harzach.vars.Arma3Profile.

But so what? If I join again using my TotesNotHarzach profile, the data in TotesNotHarzach.vars.Arma3Profile is completely different, if it exists at all.

I have storage enough for a lot of profiles.

Also keep in mind that anyone can access their own profileNameSpace.  Anyone can list all the variables in there and change their values.

• Like 2