Wiki

AI can't heal AI

Hi.

There is an annoying thing:

it happens a lot that I got wounded friendly AI and a medic in my squad, but they never report as hurt nor ask for medic nor heal themselves.

Hence, it often happens that I got 1 or 2 guys wounded in the legs, only walking and it slow the whole sqaud.

And I can't treat them with first aid kit as they keep moving.

How can this be fixed?

• Like 3

I know that, I ain't a newcomer.

But that works only if you are in command.

If you are number 8 in your squad and number 6 is injured, he won't report his wounded leg very often and stay injured.

That has always been something that bothered me too Wiki. Surely the AI SL would know when someone was wounded and would direct the medic to treat them.

• Like 4

This can also happen while you are in command : sometimes a soldier does not consider itself wounded eventhough he is limping (Sitrep is nominal), as a result the order to heal isn't even available in the action menu.

That is a side effect of Arma's health system : it has inconsistencies between the use of the hitpoints system and the over-simplified damage & setDamage commands. I reckon damage can return 0 eventhough you have a wounded leg/hitpoint.

• Like 2

So, you need to script.

3 hours ago, haleks said:

That is a side effect of Arma's health system : it has inconsistencies between the use of the hitpoints system and the over-simplified damage & setDamage commands. I reckon damage can return 0 eventhough you have a wounded leg/hitpoint.

Sure, that's also true for vehicles. You can have 0 damage and an offroad near to explode, crippled by 7.62. (just an example).

So here, you need to script again and again, for Ais self-healing or AIs assistance. I did it for unconscious state in SP/MP. Why not for hitlegs...

Will check that out asap, thx

On 13.2.2018 at 12:04 PM, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

Surely the AI SL would know when someone was wounded and would direct the medic to treat them.

The problem here is that there is (next to?) no AI role specialization. Clearly the machine gunner behaves significantly differently than the assitant gunner dude. The anti tank dude has a completly different role than a rifleman. The medic. The combat engineer. The sniper and his spotter...

All this stuff has to be tacked on with custom FSM (or similar), otherwise all our toy soldiers are just differently dressed, stupid, generic(!) grunts. The medic doesn't heal. The machine gunner doesn't suppress the enemy. The anti tank dude uses his pistol to shoot some other jackass while tanks are rolling in. Not ours. The medic doesn't give two fucks about his mates, everyone is on his own. The combat engineer couldn't be bothered to repair the gang's vehicle, or disarm a mine or what not. Probably is french and wants more bucks first. And the sniper.. guess pistol again, and his spotter... well, I don't know... but he isn't talking much to his sniper, from what I can tell. Maybe we should split them up again?

Now, don't jump to conclusions here. Nobody wants this stuff hardcoded for us. A plain soldier is a good, programmable soldier afterall. But coming up with good specialized behaviour is a pain, and nobody has the expertise, nor patience to do all this as a hobby. Maybe for Arma 4 BIS should consider offering many predefined and specialized AI, with all roles having their appropriate special and fleshed out preset assigned already. Scripters are free to define their own and swap in something else. Something along those lines...

Still, it is really weird.

If I remember well, it was handled better in A2.

Here, I had another try: the medic is injured and doesn't treat himself... but keep walking because of his wounded legs

30 minutes ago, Wiki said:

Still, it is really weird.

If I remember well, it was handled better in A2.

Here, I had another try: the medic is injured and doesn't treat himself... but keep walking because of his wounded legs

In fact medic heals himself when situation is clear. That can take some 6 minutes after sweeping the area. You have to script for faster react, like I did. But, that means to divert the medic from his group, anyway.

Yeah, "healthy" AI walking around the battlefield with wounded leg is very annoying, especially in case of squar commander. And he never admits that he is wounded...