Is there any way to set or disable the random numbers on the planes? Sometimes they mix with the numbers painted on the plane's livery (for example on MiG-21s).

21 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Minor Update:

• IMPROVED: Field Manual references

This will be the last update for now, unless bugs are reported

Hello, I'm wondering if you would be improving the cockpit interiors for the larger aircrafts and bombers. They seem odd. Thanks again for the amazing mod

why  fighters are so slow (could not accelerate MiG-21 more than 990 km / h on 6000m altitude)

14 hours ago, ShaKodemon said:

why  fighters are so slow (could not accelerate MiG-21 more than 990 km / h on 6000m altitude)

Such speed is quite enough for the dimensions of ArmA maps.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, spooky lynx said:

Such speed is quite enough for the dimensions of ArmA maps.

I usually fly on PMC maps (for example, Iran Jahrom PMC, which is 160x160 km), and because the maximum speed are so slow,  I cannot intercept other aircrafts

On 8/21/2021 at 7:57 AM, spooky lynx said:

Is there any way to set or disable the random numbers on the planes? Sometimes they mix with the numbers painted on the plane's livery (for example on MiG-21s).

You can use SetObjectTexture on the numbers to blank them out.

On 8/22/2021 at 1:01 PM, ShaKodemon said:

I usually fly on PMC maps (for example, Iran Jahrom PMC, which is 160x160 km), and because the maximum speed are so slow,  I cannot intercept other aircrafts

Well, to use the advantage of the real life speeds of the MiG-21 you have to have at least the DCS-scale map😁

On 8/22/2021 at 7:02 PM, hcpookie said:

You can use SetObjectTexture on the numbers to blank them out.

So are there any transparent textures of the same dimensions in the pbo? Could you provide the path and the "setObjectTexture" numbers?

Texture:

"\a3\data_f\clear_empty.paa"

Selection depends on the plane.  Since you mentioned Mig21:

hiddenSelections[] = {
            "camo1","camo2","camo3",
            "num1","num2","num3","num4" // number panels 3-6 (scripted)
        };

They are all in the config

• Like 1

IL-76 dashboard glitch (see at 2.50):

On 8/24/2021 at 11:13 PM, beeper said:

IL-76 dashboard glitch (see at 2.50):

(video)

also, texture looks transparent at 5:20. same effect exists at BPM-97 from AFV pack.

What an awesome mod. Thank you for all your amazing work pookie. Love this collection of birds! 😀

On 8/24/2021 at 9:08 PM, hcpookie said:

Texture:

"\a3\data_f\clear_empty.paa"

Selection depends on the plane.  Since you mentioned Mig21:

hiddenSelections[] = {
            "camo1","camo2","camo3",
            "num1","num2","num3","num4" // number panels 3-6 (scripted)
        };

They are all in the config

How about the texture numbers on the Su-17 and MiG-29? I've tried 2-5 on the Su-17 and 7-9 on the MiG-29 but the numbers are drawn despite this. 

IMPROVED:
 - Changed Mig21, Mig23, Yak-38 cannon to GSh-23 with correct loadouts

Updated cannons.

The most reliable sources I can find indicate the Yak-38 had no internal armament / gunpod. Furthermore, I can find no gun port in any reference photos. However, for the sake of gameplay I am keeping the Yak-38 cannon. Unless it is suggested to remove it for the sake of realism.

On 12/29/2021 at 4:07 AM, spooky lynx said:

How about the texture numbers on the Su-17 and MiG-29? I've tried 2-5 on the Su-17 and 7-9 on the MiG-29 but the numbers are drawn despite this. 

Su-22:
        hiddenselections[] = {"camo1","camo2","rnum_1","rnum_2","rnum_3","rnum_4"};

Mig-29:

hiddenSelections[] = {"29_1_t","29_2_t","29_3_t","29_4_t","29_5_t","29_6_t","clan","num1","num2","num3"};

You can use the in-game config viewer to see the entire config.

1 hour ago, hcpookie said:

IMPROVED:
 - Changed Mig21, Mig23, Yak-38 cannon to GSh-23 with correct loadouts

Updated cannons.

The most reliable sources I can find indicate the Yak-38 had no internal armament / gunpod. Furthermore, I can find no gun port in any reference photos. However, for the sake of gameplay I am keeping the Yak-38 cannon. Unless it is suggested to remove it for the sake of realism.

For whatever it's worth, I have a book on Soviet aircraft published in 1990 that shows one of its loadouts with a pair of GSh-23 gunpods, with a note stating that it's probably for ground use and "not known whether the gunsight carried by the 'Forger' is optimized for air to air use."

Good to know.  That's essentially what the "reliable" sources indicate - external gunpods were the only way that bird was able to utilize a cannon.  The internal pod/cannon was apparently at one time a design consideration but was allegedly not implemented in production.

I'm keeping the internal one for now for gameplay purposes for now.  If the consensus is to remove it, I will update accordingly.

• Like 1

That was not a production development; the best sources indicate it was only used for testing, after which it was removed.  Apparently it was only usable when the plane was in STOL mode. 

Like I said before, I plan to leave it for now for gameplay reasons although if there is enough feedback I'll remove it.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 8:29 PM, hcpookie said:

Yes, Yak-38 had no cannon. But it could use UPK-23-250 pods mounted on the wing pylons. BTW I have one Yak standing in our local armed forces museum, so I can take some pics of its parts if necessary.

Oh and it had been produced in my city.

• Like 1

Personally I like the cannon as an additional gameplay option. It's not OP to have on the bird. Big thumbs up to hcpookie as usual with his awesome mods 👍

• Like 1

Hi, what should I do if I click on Laucnh Tasm And it says No Long Range ASM Selected I don’t know what to do I can’t launch missiles with TU 160 and su24