I can confirm the Tactical Air-Surface Missile engagement action DOES work (the Launch TASM action).  The problem is that since BIS "nerfed" the max range in the missiles they won't always engage correctly.  So I am forced to change the long range max settings and rely on the script to reach out past the in-game BVR limit which seems to be around 28k with everything maxed out.  Which sucks if you have a big map but what can you do.  This is probably why my SAM's aren't working all the time either. 

Regardless, I hope to have these missiles behaving correctly today.  Looks like it will be an exciting holiday weekend in the Armaverse 🙂

• Like 4

Update!  Published to Steam.  Will upload to Onedrive over the weekend... 1.4 GB at this point so Onedrive will probably take all weekend to finish.

FIX: Flanker family editor placement direction
FIX: FAB-1500 bomb config error
FIX: Flanker family getin/getout positions
FIX: Missing ARM missile config settings
IMPROVED: Missile flight profiles
IMPROVED: Landing autopilot behavior for all planes
IMPROVED: Reduced Bomber/Heavy plane exhaust due to FPS impact
IMPROVED: Tu-95 family texture sets
IMPROVED: Added Radar/Target detection to AN-12PPS ELINT plane
IMPROVED: Component view defaults
IMPROVED: Expanded default faction selections
NEW: "Basic" flat grey flanker skin
NEW: Kh-59 Mk2 (NATO: AS-22) AGM (used on S-70, Su-30)
NEW: Kh-28 (NATO: AS-9) ARM missile (used on Su-17/22)
NEW: S-70 UCAV
NEW: Su-17/Su-22 family aircraft
NEW: IL-18 cargo plane (both CIV and MIL)
NEW: IL-20 ELINT plane
NEW: IL-38 maritime patrol plane
NEW: Ka-27 Helicopter (both CIV and MIL)
NEW: Ka-29 Helicopter
NEW: Mi-28 Helicopter

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

@hcpookie I am getting a popup error when I open a new map in the editor "cannot load texture vme_tex\icon\wz10.paa". Tried Tanoa and Livonia. Tried loading only this mod, and I don't have VME. Thought I should pass this along, and thanks for the mod, it's a lot of fun to play with.

Noted and I'll update shortly

Fixed... update pushed to Steam.  Honestly not sure how I missed those the first time around.

• Thanks 2

Mi 28 gunner turret only laser pointer, not armed. It is in development?

Also, it have not "parking brake" and start sliding on engine start 🙂

That's a physx issue can't help with

• Sad 1

Hey Pook, great Update! 
I might have found some bugs on the Tu95.

- When I have some kh‘s on the rotary-launcher, it won‘t let me shoot them via the map-click-function. Plus i can‘t switch to the pylon-mounted missiles.

When Fab250s loaded, i can access the pylon-mounted missiles.

- also there‘s only 1 crew member (the pilot) by default. Don’t know if this is a bug or intentional 😁

- when additional crew members added, the FPS view from the pilot is offset.

Cheers!

Small update:

FIX: S-70 UCAV Turret
IMPROVED: Mi-28 'at rest' sliding
IMPROVED: S-70 distance LOD's

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much

I've been wanting this Russian Navy helicopter for so long. It can do ship killing, can kill submarine, can kill people, and can carry spetnaz. It's very ugly too! And the su22, which doubled the fun of this update. 

I love how it becoming filled with more and more weapons of modern Russian federation even though the name says SovietAF pack. Things are all working great without problem. Now AI are shooting the missile at me(of cuz at each other too). AA missiles travel like really fast, which is great and real. 

How could you do all these? Are you doing all your mods alone, or with team?

• Like 1

Updated TASM script for bombers - seems like some interop between pylon selections in multi-seat planes is causing the "currentweapon" report to error.   Also fixed the getin/getout positions which apparently broke due to an inheritance error, among other things:

FIX: Popup error in Bomber ARM scripts
FIX: Kh65 "tu95_3Rnd_Kh65" missing config entry
FIX: Su-24 missing gunner
FIX: Tu-95 family missing gunner
FIX: Tu-22 getin/getout positions
FIX: Tu-160 getin/getout positions
FIX: Tu-160 canopy ejection animation
FIX: Bomber turret errors
FIX: TASM / ALCM script problems when certain weapons were selected
FIX: INIT Script and RPT errors

FIX: Tu-22 magazine selections
NEW: Kh-32 missile (enhanced Kh-22)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Small update to the fighters' flight models to improve elevator response and turning.  Seems that when I was tweaking the jets to make them land on autopilot properly, these settings were reduced, making them hard to turn etc.  Should be better now!  The autopilot is still wonky on some aircraft, as it seems the AI try to over-steer to hit those invisible spots on the map and as as result they can start doing weird things or even crash.  Seems to be only on those with thrust vectoring due to especially high turn and elevator settings.   We'll have to see how it sorts out after this update.  This update should be it for a while assuming no "show stopper" issues turn up!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Small update to the fighters' flight models to improve elevator response and turning.  Seems that when I was tweaking the jets to make them land on autopilot properly, these settings were reduced, making them hard to turn etc.  Should be better now!  The autopilot is still wonky on some aircraft, as it seems the AI try to over-steer to hit those invisible spots on the map and as as result they can start doing weird things or even crash.  Seems to be only on those with thrust vectoring due to especially high turn and elevator settings.   We'll have to see how it sorts out after this update.  This update should be it for a while assuming no "show stopper" issues turn up!

I guess the one drive mirror isn´t up yet due to those recent updates, right? I´m eager for this newest verson, but there´s nothing to DL from the One drive page =(

Cheers!

I hate to sound like a noob but my mates and I cannot seem to figure out how to use any two seater aircrafts while utilizing the targeting pod/camera. Either we cannot use the laser or we can’t lock the laser. 

also when using the Tu22, trying to launch the cruise missiles results in either a run away missile or the missile corkscrewing in the air.

Can anyone shed some light on this? These aircraft are awesome and are great for supplementing our current Russian campaign. 

Guest Paolo G.

Just a small suggestion: The Mil Mi-4 (USAF/DoD reporting name "Type 36",[1] NATO reporting name "Hound")[2] is a Soviet transport helicopter that served in both military and civilian roles. 

The Mi-4 was designed in response to the American H-19 Chickasaw and the deployment of U.S. helicopters during the Korean War. While the Mi-4 strongly resembles the H-19 Chickasaw in general layout, including the innovative engine position in front of the cockpit, it is a larger helicopter, able to lift more weight and built in larger numbers. The first model entered service in 1953. The helicopter was first displayed to the outside world in 1952 at the Soviet Aviation Day in Tushino Airfield.

One Mi-4 was built with a jettisonable rotor. It served as an experimental vehicle for future pilots' means of safety and ejection designs.

1200px-Mi-4-JH01_(remix).jpg

Guest Paolo G.

Its like the predecessor to the Mi-8

the planes piloted by the AI do not launch flares when attacked by missiles, do I have to activate something or decrease some dependency, or is it just a problem to be solved? ( sorry for my English )

On 8/20/2020 at 12:41 PM, Paolo G. said:

Its like the predecessor to the Mi-8 

The earlier post says that the Mi-4 is "an answer to", but in reality it is a direct copy of the H-19/Sikorsky S-55.

I need some help with the ordenance TV and Glonass types can't seem to make them work all so with the pods for extended range of kh-59 and kh29*

thanks in advance 

Update:

• FIX: missileExplosion popup error
  • FIX: Sonic boom sound popup error
  • FIX: Typo in weapon classnames causing some script misbehavior
  • FIX: Config issue limiting weapon explosion damage
  • FIX: Su22 preview pics
  • FIX: An-22 RPT error
  • FIX: Sonic Boom effects calibrated to in-game boom speed (1188kph)
  • FIX: Missing eject action in some planes
  • FIX: Numerous AGM missile behavior errors
  • FIX: Errors in some loadout menu descriptions
  • FIX: Errors in TASM script
  • FIX: Sonobuoy script errors
  • FIX: Ka27, Ka29 turrets and gunnerviews
  • FIX: Ka29 cockpit texture error
  • FIX: IL-76 control animations
  • FIX: IL-76 texture maps
  • IMPROVED: Hardpoint loadout settings
  • IMPROVED: Sonic Boom behavior synched to Jets DLC settings
  • IMPROVED: Removed keyboard shortcuts for ARM (ELS scanning) user actions
  • IMPROVED: Air-Air missile performance
  • IMPROVED: Updated in-game Field Manual entries
  • IMPROVED: Radar detection settings
  • IMPROVED: Eject script now adds inflatable raft for water landings
    •  - raft spawns at pilot location
    •  - raft only spawns over water, not land
    •  - raft contains first aid kits
  • IMPROVED: Sonobuoy behavior
  • NEW: Rescue raft!
  • NEW: Instruction sections added to Field Manual
  • NEW: Yak-38 VTOL aircraft
  • NEW: Mig-21 aircraft

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Small update:

• FIX: Weapon popup errors (how did I miss this?)
  • Like 1

Minor Update:

• IMPROVED: Field Manual references

This will be the last update for now, unless bugs are reported

• Like 1