On 3/1/2019 at 6:47 AM, hcpookie said:

I don't know if a satellite could even be done correctly?  How high can you place a vehicle in-game?  Would one be able to shoot a missile all the way to the top of the "world atmosphere"?  HRM...

These questions and more, all in the next episode of Arma 3!

😁

Hi pookie, I need some help here. I can't use any of your guided munition besides the laser guided ones and kh29D. Also the TASM never seems to work for me, it pass right off the target  click on the map(it goes like unguided rocket, straight right where the jet's nose aim). Of cuz I heard this "click click click" or geiger counter sorts of sound just after launching TSAM capable missiles, but other than that nothing seems to work. Am I doing wrong with something(most likely I think), or is it that your guided missiles work in different way compare to other missiles in vanilla and other mods i.e. Firewell's (areim with TGP , pinned on target with "Ctrl+T", lockon with "T" , and fire when the square thing appear, after that the missile will steer it's own path to the target I just painted with that square thing). 

: Although IR and TV ones *sometime* work they're very short in max range, even in turn of game world. All laser guided munitions work just fine.

Thx 

is there any tutorial written or video of how to use some of the weapons and pods?

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2019 at 2:05 PM, Pazhenko said:

is there any tutorial written or video of how to use some of the weapons and pods?

So I found a pdf guide that may help some of use in the use of this mod here it is:

- http://www.friendswith.systems/a3launcher/pook/4.3/%40POOK/pook_SAM_guide_v4.3.pdf

probably legacy but it helps a little

This is great.Finally an AIO Red Air Force in one mod.Saves from having to load so many individual mods.

POOK, in its time in the early versions of the mod of the 'Swedish armed forces' was present light An-14 "Clod", and in the versions of the bomber as well. The model was not without flaws - but in general, quite beautiful and functional. In the latest versions of the SFP mod, this device is not used - it is removed from the mod. Maybe it makes sense to ask the authors of SFP this plane for the An-28 mod? As a completely logical addition: the An-28 is the direct descendant of the An-14.

Some of the weapons are described in the in-game "Field Manual".  The field manual no longer shows 3D models but the descriptions are still valid.

Not going to be adding the An-28 as mentioned previously.

Some of the homing weapons aren't working correctly at the moment; Real Life has been preventing me from spending quality time in tracking down the issues but fixes are planned... "Soon"

• Thanks 2

If I understood correctly from earlier posts in this thread, then the An-28 will be released as a separate mod. The interest was to him, so he proposed an addition. And if there is no An-28 at all, then it is impossible to put the config on it separately - for the early versions of your mod on the Net are available, with the An-28 in the archive, but without a record in the mod config.

Update!

• IMPROVED: Major overhaul of AGM weapon lock systems; tests verify A-G weapon functionality

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Update!

Thanks for the update pookie!

Pookie, can you let me parajump from your il-76? Thank you very much

More goodies in different stages of readiness... 'coming soon'...

heliassortment.jpg

S70-1.jpg

S70-2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Hi pookie, here's is a feedback.

i want to point out that the AI usually take a long time to launch their air to air missiles during/upon air engagement with the enemy with your aircrafts in Soviet AF pack. Though players have no problem locking/homing/shooting in on enemy aircraft or ground target, air-air missiles doesn't seem to work(taking so long to work??) with AI. Is it something of a new issue or you had already checked it out? 

• Like 2

Good news, I believe I have narrowed down the missile launch behavior that makes it launch off the rails at nearly full speed.  I'm going to delay the update to ensure I get all the missiles launch behavior dialed in correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those Russian cruise missile are so attractive. Also the helicopters and drone in the "coming soon" post! Can't wait

Updated An-28 status - it is now available as a separate download:

Now, as far as THIS mod's update, it is still in motion.  Real Life has kept me busy however I'm taking advantage of the current stay-at-home orders to tie up loose ends and get the mods in shape for release. 

"Soon"...

• Like 4

Speaking of updates... so I partially tested the height limits.  At height 150,000 (93 miles!) the parachute still works!  I can spin and twist the chute as you expect.  So that means that in theory satellites WOULD be possible!  My mods' planes I have all have the correct altFullForce / altNoForce settings, meaning they have realistic performance ceiling limits.  If you setpos any old plane above that height (altNoForce), you lose all control authority and it simply goes ballistic and falls from the sky.  If you have enough thrust, you can recover and fly on.  However helicopters just fall and crash.  This all tells me that, if the settings are configured, then the satellite SHOULD be able to fly at the appropriate height and not simply fall down.  It would have to be a helicopter class vehicle to hover, or perhaps a plane class vehicle can actually move it along.  The simulation would be a challenge - how to make the satellite correctly fly across the sky since it should be flying at escape velocity speeds.  That is going to be tricky if even possible.  I may not pursue this.  Just sharing my observations at 93 miles high!  🙂

• Like 7

YAY! and how about old satellites, like this, so-called, KH-9 Spy Satellite: 

OMG Pook, That Helix and Havok are must haves.  I cant wait.  Holy crap.

• Like 1

Nice models you have! Even if there is still something to do and update. Is there any way to get hands on your texture sources?

On 4/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, hcpookie said:

Speaking of updates... so I partially tested the height limits.  At height 150,000 (93 miles!) the parachute still works!  I can spin and twist the chute as you expect.  So that means that in theory satellites WOULD be possible!  My mods' planes I have all have the correct altFullForce / altNoForce settings, meaning they have realistic performance ceiling limits🙂

I've adapted this to the Aliens dropship so it now "drops" correctly at height.  It flies and performs as you expect at this altitude.  Seems like satellites could be a thing if someone were to find a way to make them "fit" into a mission scenario.  Other than blowing one up, I can't think of how one would try to add something like that.

Coming soon...

il18.jpg

• Like 4

Another one "coming soon"... Su-17/22 port from Franze's original work (as provided to Eggbeast and myself for A2).

Su17test1.jpg

And more in the the good news department - since I'm mostly working from home I should have some time to update the mod in the upcoming several weeks.

• Like 8