12 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Nope.  Definitely not.

Damn, that's not a MiG-27?  Or maybe my sarcasm radar needs calibration

That's the Mig-28.  No one's ever been this close to one before.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, islesfan186 said:

Damn, that's not a MiG-27?  Or maybe my sarcasm radar needs calibration

:drinking:You can't tell the difference between a Tiger and a Fishbed or what?  :don11:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hcpookie said:

That's the Mig-28.  No one's ever been this close to one before.

Fun fact: I was close enough to touch one MiG-27 on Bruxel´s Royal Museum of Military History or Musée royal de l'armée et de l'histoire militaire back in July 94, but I coundn´t take any photos... I recall there was an F-4C (cus it had no cannon), MiG-21PF (it had that cockpit that opened forward) and one MiG-27 fully armed with bombs and rocket pods... had to keep a mental snapshot of it =)

Is it CSLA mod that is going to have an optional "MiG-28" livery for the F-5E Tiger? Anxious to pit it against Firewill´s Tomcat (and do the same with DCS whenever Heatblur releases it´s F-14B on the 3 next months =D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Fun fact: I was close enough to touch one MiG-27 on Bruxel´s Royal Museum of Military History or Musée royal de l'armée et de l'histoire militaire back in July 94, but I coundn´t take any photos... I recall there was an F-4C (cus it had no cannon), MiG-21PF (it had that cockpit that opened forward) and one MiG-27 fully armed with bombs and rocket pods... had to keep a mental snapshot of it =)

I did photo a MiG-21 and 23 about 3 years ago at a museum in Oregon (and Russian armor and other interesting things). I have photos somewhere. I don't know if there's a BI thread to post such things. I also have photos of Russian Knights Su-27s from 1992 that came to visit just months after the Soviet breakup which I scanned to digital in recent years. But I sure didn't see any MiG-28's there.... still so classified.

• Haha 1

Is the goal to port over all the soviet era stuff from your rangemaster pack in A2 or are you scratch making all of these assets?

Both.

Depends on the source of course, and whether it needs to be added in.  Most of them are ports from A2 but some are new.  I just want to get them into the game

Found a bug on Su-27 & Su-30(SM also)

You can enter only in this exact position as a pilot, if you go to the front you can only enter as shooter.

20190101172758_1.jpg

20190101172741_1.jpg

20190101172728_1.jpg

• Like 2

Is there anyway to add insignia to the CUP aircraft like on the tail and wings?  ie having the CDF roundel on CDF aircraft 

I'm going to be adding insignias however since there are so many to go through it will probably be after this next update.   BIS' change to the "clan" behavior has caused all the emblems to be hidden by default.

• Like 2

Good news, I think I just fixed the radar bug.  Testing more tonight and if this works I'll start uploading.  About 1/3 of the mod is updated (400-ish MB) so the upload will probably not finish until tomorrow morning.

• Like 2

v2.0
=====
FIX: Numerous config issues
FIX: Get-in positions on fighters
FIX: Missing radar settings
FIX: Missing OPFOR planes
IMPROVED: Added Tu-22 ladder at get-in positions
IMPROVED: UPK-23-250 gunpod sounds
NEW: Zeus-compatible groups
NEW: Mig-23, Mig-27 (3D Model Credit: Citizenship)
NEW: An-148, An-158 passenger planes
NEW: An-178 cargo transport

• Like 6

In the editor I am seeing multiple blank categories under each blufor/opfor/indep that when expanded have the planes. So the parent tag is both blank, and they are repeated multiple times.

3 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Onedrive upload is also complete!

I can see only FAP and CUP configs download, not the main mod =( (or it is not visible to public...)

Cheers!

Well I thought it was complete... overnight and still don't have all the files uploaded... SIGH

Onedrive upload just finished :)

At least on the Steam version I already have confirmation the radars are fixed.  So that's good news

• Like 1

Am I the only one seeing this?

blank_categories.png

Also I don't have CUP loaded but I get a CUP config error, or is CUP required?

Thanks!

Its not you, its me.

Uploading a minor config update to address A50 radar config and blank editor menu entries... Steam will be updated momentarily. OneDrive... who knows... last upload took overnight so we'll have to see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OneDrive update complete!  Only 10 hours :)

• Like 1

Minor update - corrected some missing editor preview pics.  Fix is present in the Steam version... I won't re-upload the entire mod to OneDrive as it is just an editor issue. 

• Like 3

Um no.  We have no satellites in the game so no need for an ASM 🙂

OOOOOOOH.

Satellites? Maybe someone needs to make RORSATs and Keyholes! 😄

I don't know if a satellite could even be done correctly?  How high can you place a vehicle in-game?  Would one be able to shoot a missile all the way to the top of the "world atmosphere"?  HRM...