Good news and bad news...

Good news... Mig25/31 texture selections are getting expanded.  Also a new RVMAT to enhance the detail.

MIG25textest.jpg

Bad news... damage model settings still need some work.

MIG25dmgtest.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Doing air-to-ground w an interceptor be like...

Going through final testing of the physx settings and plane-specific animations.  Ejection seats pending.  Weapons still need pylon placement.  Progress!

Sov_AFtest.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Is it only for me or all screenshots posted on postimg are not accessible ??

Yeah I think postimage took a dump and some files got deleted.

Implemented:

Mig29 Family; Mig25,31; Su-27, 30x family:

- refuel capability for appropriate versions

Support:

- IL76/78/A-50 Jets component damage models

Pending:

- Jets DLC dynamic loadouts

- Jets DLC damage models

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey hcpookie,

looks like an awesome project you got going there.. will go nicely with a bunch of mods that are being built right now as well like global mobilization and such, with the cold war topic in mind.

Any chance you can upload the pictures that you previously posted in this thread to an imgur album or something similar? Kinda sad none of them are accessible anymore :/

Thanks for the hard work, don't get too stressed!

• Like 2

oh well, my intentions got misunderstood so i just wanted to express my full support to this project. I really wanna try those birds man. Looks pretty neat

Hoping to get some major work done on this now that the SAM pack has been updated.  I'm looking over it this weekend and hitting some of the easy fix items.  Still working on a few things here and there so it will easily be several weeks before I would entertain the idea of being "ready".  All things considered, it is more likely closer to the Thanksgiving time frame.

I'm postponing the An-72 for now as I just don't have time to finish work on the 3D model.  There are some other things I'm already planning for "version 2" after the initial release to include the An-72, An-148 (newer turbojet C-130 sized transport), and the IL-20 ELINT (the one that was recently shot down by a Syrian SAM).  Just need more time to get it all done!  :D

Going supersonic!

TU160supersonic.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I reached a significant milestone today.  I'll let you guess what it is :f:

newBomb1.jpg

That means we are only a few weeks away unless I find some serious FUBAR stuff to deal with.  So I am pretty sure that narrows it down to "before the holidays"  :)  I'm down to loadouts, adjusting flight model for the fighters, and a few other 3D model things.  Happy times!  :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 21/04/2018 at 3:32 PM, hcpookie said:

Implemented:

Mig29 Family; Mig25,31; Su-27, 30x family:

- refuel capability for appropriate versions

Support:

- IL76/78/A-50 Jets component damage models

Pending:

- Jets DLC dynamic loadouts

- Jets DLC damage models

which missiles will the Mig-31 use?

Steaming along.  I've got a script to HINT all of the missile flight info and I'm making sure the missiles reach their published speeds.  Finding many of them are needing tweaks.  Should be able to get those nailed down today.  Also trying to make sure the Components radar settings are accurate for these missiles.

Mig29/35 flight model still needs some work.

New napalm effects - causes damage across the blast radius and can cause spreading fires.  Also creates a nice bonfire glow for roasting marshmallows :)

ZB500.jpg

An-22.  Another big cargo hauler that is more appropriate for factions w/ legacy systems.

An22.jpg

• Like 7

AA missiles all working at correct speeds.  Not going to be pretty when you're on the receiving end :)  Going through the A-G stuff now.  The BetAB-500 anti runway penetrator should be interesting for MP scenarios...

BetAB.jpg

FAB-500sh high drag for low-pass bombing.  Similar to the Mk 82 Snake Eye but uses a drogue chute instead of drag fins or ballutes.

fab500sh.jpg

ODAB-500 FAE - most recently seen in Syrian residential neighborhoods...

ODAB500.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Going to tweak the fighters' flight models a bit more and should be ready to publish.  Hope to have something this coming weekend, pending any "honey-do" projects from the Mrs.  :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Completed  Jets DLC dynamic loadouts for all planes.

Scaled the napalm to cover a larger area, and burns (and cuases damage!) for 15 seconds.

napalm.jpg

ALSO - multi-seat fighters now support ejection of all crew members. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Wow, you are unstoppable with modding so many different things across arma 3. Looking forward to this.

• Like 1

Added support for CUP and FAP factions :)

An26 now holds 2 UAZ's in cargo, with room for 10x passengers.  OR 1x 'prowler' (the G.I. Joe looking 4x4) and 1 ATV.  I suspect the An26 is going to be quite useful :) 

AN26.jpg

To-Do: 

---------

- Fix An-124 geo lod issue

- An-26 cargo placement

- editor preview pics

- fix any other bugs that appear during testing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

Added support for CUP and FAP factions :)

An26 now holds 2 UAZ's in cargo, with room for 10x passengers.  OR 1x 'prowler' (the G.I. Joe looking 4x4) and 1 ATV.  I suspect the An26 is going to be quite useful :) 

*IMG SNIP*

To-Do: 

---------

- Fix An-124 geo lod issue

- An-26 cargo placement

- editor preview pics

- fix any other bugs that appear during testing

Will there be a version that carries more passengers and less cargo? I get more and more excited about this mod every time you post an update!

The AN-24 is the lightweight troop carrier.  An-26 is the cargo version of that bird.

• Like 3

Speaking of the An-24... the para jump script is working.  Note the DOOR IS OPEN - you must open the door, or ramp if the plane has it, to jump the troops :)

All planes with loading ramps can para jump troops, including:  An-22, An-24, An-26, An-28, An-124, An-225

parajump.jpg

• Like 4