So I'm building a base for a unit I'm about to start and I need some more ideas to make it complete. So far I have a Barracks, Hospital, Shoothouse, Live Fire Range, Briefing Room, Mortar Pool, Vehicle Depot, Helicopter Depot and that is about it. I've been building the base for about a week now and I can't think of anything else to add.

I'm looking for ideas if anybody has any that I haven't covered.

Now all you need is friends to play with lol. 

1. Prison

2. Recruitment office

3. Armory

4.  Communication Center

5. Staging area for operations.

Nobody wants to play in the base how about you focus your energy custom-made missions that you can play with people that you have common interest. Just my two cents 

Making missions isn't a problem for me. I've made several missions in the past and they were all received well. I'm new to base building and the Units I was in previously had amazing bases but most of it was with addons that I don't/won't have.

I've done pretty much everything I can think of and am just looking for fresh advice. 

Thank you for your input.

9 hours ago, xSCAR45 said:

So I'm building a base for a unit I'm about to start and I need some more ideas to make it complete. So far I have a Barracks, Hospital, Shoothouse, Live Fire Range, Briefing Room, Mortar Pool, Vehicle Depot, Helicopter Depot and that is about it. I've been building the base for about a week now and I can't think of anything else to add.

I'm looking for ideas if anybody has any that I haven't covered.

3 hours ago, xSCAR45 said:

Making missions isn't a problem for me. I've made several missions in the past and they were all received well. I'm new to base building and the Units I was in previously had amazing bases but most of it was with addons that I don't/won't have.

I've done pretty much everything I can think of and am just looking for fresh advice. 

Thank you for your input.

Any screenshots or preview to look at?

Creating a base can go many ways, depending on size, if it's a strict military base or not, do you want it to be ultra realistic or a bit tongue-in-cheek?

Don't forget recreational areas where you can put some weights, tires to pull and stuff.

It's always a good thing if you look at pictures of real military bases, on other stuff made by the community.

Once you got the structures done you can also put some humor to the base using custom textures on either flags, laptops, TV screens or even put the cover of "American Grizzly" on a notepad.

That and having some AI patrolling around can make the base alive.

In another thread I posted a small snippet that spawns ambient choppers to land at predefined pads, might take a look at it.

Cheers

In ArmA 2/OA I had built a base for the unit I was in, though never got around to doing a similar setup in ArmA 3. As mentioned, it depends on what you are wanting to accomplish, but I suggest going with less "realistic detail" (like weights for building some animated muscle) and more functionality. The base we used was less for looks and more for repetitive practice, map exploration, or otherwise non-mission based training. For instance, instead of a hospital, which I imagine is mostly static entities used for appearance, set up a shoot house that contain casualties, targets, and an objective. 

Things I can remember we did that had functional use:

Standard live-fire ranges for short, medium, and long range, including with soft and armored targets (popup and respawning targets)

Grenade range with terrain features and structures (for doors and windows)

Time trial/scored live-fire ranges

On- and off-road vehicle courses

Parade area (for close order rifle drill, pre-training discussion, etc.)

Various helicopter route and landing challenges (nothing scripted, just waypoint-based)

Hope that helps. Let me know if you want the ArmA 2 base mission file just to get an idea. 

Thanks KC for your input.

My base is mostly for function and it's all Vanilla at the moment. I have a mod pack that I will introduce once I'm satisfied with the base. The mod pack is mainly just units but I haven't added them yet so I'll have a clean backup. 

How would I go about getting a Time Trial script for a target range? I have a Shoothouse with pop-up targets that aren't scripted yet. A timer with an triggered alarm would work nicely with clearing out the Shoothouse.

6 hours ago, xSCAR45 said:

Thanks KC for your input.

My base is mostly for function and it's all Vanilla at the moment. I have a mod pack that I will introduce once I'm satisfied with the base. The mod pack is mainly just units but I haven't added them yet so I'll have a clean backup. 

How would I go about getting a Time Trial script for a target range? I have a Shoothouse with pop-up targets that aren't scripted yet. A timer with an triggered alarm would work nicely with clearing out the Shoothouse.

A bit lengthy, but this thread should get you started.