Sign in to follow this  

Hello

I wasnt able to find answer for my questions in any post that I check so I decided to make my own. 

I need to know : HOW DOES SCOPE ZEROING WORKING IN ARMA 3. HOW DOES GAME CALCULATE WHAT ANGLE corresponds to for instance 2000m zeroing for given weapon?

My wild shot is that there is an algorithm that is calculating what angle needs to be set to hit target at 2000m range and 0.0 elevation it uses same function which simulates bullet trajectory. Am I missing sth? 

If you are using ACE:

Set vanilla zeroing to 100

Check your ballistic computer or range table. Your angle of adjustment will be in MRAD (AKA mil.), use page up/page down to adjust your ACE zeroing.

(ignore the "-" in the range table)

Done

4 hours ago, YanYatCheng said:

If you are using ACE:

Set vanilla zeroing to 100

Check your ballistic computer or range table. Your angle of adjustment will be in MRAD (AKA mil.), use page up/page down to adjust your ACE zeroing.

(ignore the "-" in the range table)

Done

Thx for response. Probably You didnt understand me buddy ;). In vanilla zeroing has to be translate to angle. How it happens? 

Edited: To be more specific. Back in the days i wrote ballistic calculator for ACE2 and AGM before it was incorporated to ACE3. As new ACE has already its own ABC there is nothing to be done. I want to write my BC for vanilla. 

It pre-calculates the bullet drop using the ammo's airfriction, and then uses the result to move the scope so that the impact point is in the center again.