Ollie Hillman

How I Think Bohemia Should Move Forward

Do You Agree?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Agree?

• Yes
    • No
    • Most Points (leave comment below)
    • A couple points were okay (leave comment below)

Where to begin...

Lets begin where you went wrong, then I'll address the meat of your post (for the record, I will be quoting you out of order):

No spam or advertising:

Advertising of any commercial or personal project, product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited. This includes the Personal Message service and clan recruitment outside of the Clan Recruitment forum. Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. Please do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum and do not "Bump" threads. Posting "any news", "is it out yet" or asking for a release date type posts are also spam.

In separate posts:

*Just Bumping my thread the one time because of all these Putlocker ads, I had 11 views before I made my poll so none of them voted

Deleted to avoid confusion. Forum Mods collapsed two threads into one

I posted it in Bohemia Interactive General and it just got blow away by putlocker posts

1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the board or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it.

In separate posts:

you guys are diehard fans but all of you minus Stike-nor have spoken like spoilt brats just slating me.

Please be mature in your responses avoid being butthurt a mans entitled to his opinion and bad spelling. 

So, now that you're aware of the rules (here and here) lets continue.

Thanks for taking the time to compose your post (minus the above), but you may have served yourself better by doing a bit more research before you began. As has been mention previously "The first game, Operation Flashpoint, was developed by Bohemia Interactive Studio. The second games, comprising Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and Operation Flashpoint: Red River, were developed by Codemasters. There are also three spiritual sequels to the original game made by Bohemia Interactive Studio; ArmA: Armed Assault, ARMA 2 and ARMA 3."

I'd like to address a few statements you made:

Okay so I know I am going to take a lot of heat for my opinions due to the client base that bohemia already has but really this will make more money.

Do you have a business case that will support that statement?

Arma is a very inaccessible game for the vast majority of people.

False. PCs that exceed the minimum requirements can be had for as little as £60. My current machine was purchased in 2013 for under £400. 

I could keep going, but I'm not. Instead, I'm going to address what a lot of people are thinking and that is Arma is NOT "Insert game title here". Does Arma have flaws, absolutely! Do most other games? Absolutely! What you want is for Arma to be like all the other games you play and it will never be that. Arma is unique in that NO OTHER game can do exactly what Arma does, NONE. So, in that respect it has no competition. Yes, some games are similar, some have features that mimic it, but so do a lot of things. If I wanted to play a game with T&A, I'd play Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. If I wanted a survival game, I'd play the slew of zombie clones that are saturating the market. But, would I expect a game developer to incorporate those things into a their game and water it down? Absolutely not! 

We are neither "short sighted" nor "selfish". We understand the history of the game and what it is (and isn't) capable of. 

Bohemia Devs if you want to clear anything up about my concept feel free to contact my email I know Devs don't taking advice though I don't mind.

Again, FALSE. They are probably the most receptive to suggestions of any games developer. 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/1/

• Like 3

I'm only going to target the console subject in this thread:

Lol at consoles this gen, right now you have about 2-3 refreshes per gen meaning you have to buy another box. Back in PS3/X360 times things were different, now they basically sell you a pc covered in console "clothes"  like those premade Dells, whatever advantage consoles had in the past for price/per what you get it's long gone now.

Also for every new gen you have to make an offering and maybe please the MS or Sony gods for backward compatibility. Meanwhile I can play mostly everything including even some old gems like Thief2 or System Shock 2 (1999) with some tweaks even on this craptastic W10.

• Like 1

so what you are saying is, arma should morph into call of duty. i dont understand. if you want to play call of duty then go ahead and play it.