beeper

Question about some AI behavior

I play on my dedicated server with friends vs AI enemy (CTI), and have some strange behavior of my AI controlled units. I have AI controlled M4 Scorcher at deep rearward in my squad (I am squad leader), and it have order to "stop". If I die at fight, this unit starts to repeat something like "taking command" constantly, and sometimes start to moving to battle front. Both of occasion is negative, can I prevent this? Until I die, all is ok.

When you die, you are no more leader. An Ai takes control of the group. If your group had waypoints or move order, the AI leader will follow the plan. If not, that depends on other parameters like detected enemies, skill, behavior, combat mode. I guess BI did some improvements in this way. You're at the frontier of realism, between handover when you die and vegetative AIs with no more brain.

Of course, you can script something with a condition like:  !isPlayer leader yourGroup to add some current waypoint or doStop the units.

Buy yourself an AI with high rank and leave it with no order, maybe 1-6 Stop.

He will take command after you die and with no order the others should stay in the M4.

Thanx all! What about constant repeating "taking command"? It is so annoying :) 

Can it be mission (we play KP Liberation) bug or what? 

44 minutes ago, beeper said:

taking

Hello there Beeper!

If you want to disable complete the ai chatter ,

then you can write in the init.sqf :

//Disable AI chatter  (NO VOICES)
enableSentences false;

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 7:53 PM, pierremgi said:

Usually repeated order means script loop. You should have a look at what you wrote. Anyway, if everything seems clear, you can disableConversation for some units.

Looks like that, but I don't maker of this mission, it is KP Liberation.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:08 PM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there Beeper!

If you want to disable complete the ai chatter ,

then you can write in the init.sqf :

//Disable AI chatter  (NO VOICES)
enableSentences false;

Good hint, if this "loop" can't be disabled by another way, I do so.

• Like 1