Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Combined Armed showcase and blackfoot

In the combined armed showcase, the blackfoot is destroyed too fast and (almost) everytime (99%)

The air support is quite useless - so is the marshall.

They follow their path and gets hit by AA / AT or grenade launcher everytime within seconds.

Could that be improved?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wiki said:

In the combined armed showcase, the blackfoot is destroyed too fast and (almost) everytime (99%)

The air support is quite useless - so is the marshall.

They follow their path and gets hit by AA / AT or grenade launcher everytime within seconds.

Could that be improved?

Another thing I wanted to mention is that it seems to me that the marshall WANTS to be destroyed because he drives up to that spot and then just stops even under heavy enemy fire :( 

*Extra Note* 

The new Fighter Showcase could also be improved. I tried to land on the carrier at the end but there is one parked plane too close to the landing hook and then everything explodes ^^

Up.

The Blackfoot definitely can't out manouver the AA and always gets shot before it can reach the AO.

Same thing as reported above concerning the marshall.

These 2 units act really dumb.

Up:

when he's not shot down, the AH-99 Blackfoot (callsign "Whiskey Six") does not engage the enemy.

It just comes over the battlefield, hover and leave the AO.

Here is a video:

Can this be fixed, please?

Thanks

EDIT:

BTW, it's the same thing with the AMV-7 Marshall: it's just a bonus target for the CSAT as he never fires at them.

UP!!!

This is still not fixed

I guess it won't ever be.

The Marshall annoyed me already since day 1. It's rushing into the AO and then dies, no matter what how much you try. Maybe the units are supposed to die quickly? I dunno...

On 4/1/2019 at 10:41 AM, lexx said:

I guess it won't ever be.

The Marshall annoyed me already since day 1. It's rushing into the AO and then dies, no matter what how much you try. Maybe the units are supposed to die quickly? I dunno...

Could be nice to have an answer from BIS official.

Even "this won't be fixed".

But an answer at least.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 4:37 PM, Wiki said:

Could be nice to have an answer from BIS official.

Even "this won't be fixed".

But an answer at least.

I know this is a late response but awhile ago I did this showcase and I noticed something. The Blackfoot is only programmed to target the CSAT apc in the outpost. I know this because there is a little slope on the hill when you can see the apc and shoot it with AT. I did a play through with and without destroying the apc and the only time the Blackfoot opened fired was when the apc was still alive. Basically it doesn’t shoot at anything else. And the only time it lives past flying in is if the AA soldier bugs out and doesn’t shoot him down or you manage to somehow kill him before the helicopter shows up. 

Vehicles as I understand has little organic ability to initially detect dismount units, probably to represent the general "blindness". But that also means they won't be able to engage dismount units unless:

A. They come under fire themselves which means they're automatically given enough information about attacker to retaliate. But then again when they do come under fire it's general from weapons that can kill in a single hit.

B. They're in a group with units(generally speaking boots on the ground) that can actually detect dismount, in that case they become in my word "brain datalinked" with perfect information of the entire group. What one sees all knows. It's rarely the case though.

Once an entity is know though I think AI has ability far beyond human to maintain track, I don't claim to know how any of this works being just another guy that plays the game...

According to the mission script, BIS_casChopper (its variable name) is set to Combat status and given a MOVE waypoint towards the centre of the outpost (BIS_enemy) located here:

L08ZGI3.png

Once BIS_casChopper reaches the marker/waypoint at BIS_enemy, it's told to disengage from its current target, ignore other enemies and transition to Safe mode. So basically what's happening is that the Blackfoot may or may not engage the first identifiable target it sees when flying into the AO (usually the Marid) but upon reaching the first waypoint, it begins retreating and disregards any threats on the way back.

• Like 2