bakimaster91

ArmA 3 vehicle throttle option

Hi guys!

As I remember there was a talk somewhere about the gradual or percentage or even analogue throttle option for vehicles as it is for airplanes.... I cant find it now, however I would like to ask - as the Tanks DLC is close - will You help us players and implement such feature??

It would certainly help us with infantry synchronised movement in cities for example...

Any opinions, thoughts?

Although you can already bind analogue axis to the gas/brake of ground vehicles, a speed limiter or cruise control could be great. Reusing the same keys and display as zeroing for gunners should make design easy.

It would be also nice to have gradual throttle control from the position of a commander... like in Steel Beasts series..

I'd like to find the same throttle as in real plane 0.1 - 100% power, not air brakes, generally placed on the throttle stick but working independently of power. Is it so difficult to understand?  We could have twice precision gas/throttle position, btw.

This was touched in Tanks - Tracked vehicles driving and handling

This was my post:

On 1/4/2018 at 5:18 PM, en3x said:

There 2 notable troubles that I experience. 

Stopping at low speeds. (makes tanks impossible to move with infantry with M+Keyboard)

And spinning on the spot on any angled slope makes you move forward or backward without your input. (so staying still and turning right without any throttle on the slope would move tank backwards down the slope)

On 1/5/2018 at 2:42 PM, oukej said:

The "autobrake" can be annoying, but atm we can't remove it in order to prevent vehicles from moving on their own (vehs atm are always "in gear"). You have to ask your dismounts to sweat a bit and run. And then use the limited speed (Ctrl+W) :/

This one is a bit tricky, the differentials don't seem to simulated well enough so once you release brakes one of the tracks will go loose. I'm afraid we won't be able to solve that.

Yes, it can - depending on the wheel / track slip.

For some insight. Source