BDC

RELEASE: Server-Client Framework (SCFramework)

Howdy folks, this is the release version of my script package Server-Client Framework, or SCFramework as I like to call it. It's a set of scripts that handles the connection/disconnection of any client, the management of client-issued unique ID's, as well as the manual and automatic offloading of AI to headless clients dynamically. I originally wrote it to handle the back-end of moving AI units spawned in by separate script modules for the campaign mission I've been working on for a few years. Recently, working with members of a large Arma unit, I pulled it out of its integrated mode and made it a standalone package that is Zeus compatible and re-wrote it to be configurable with the option of automatically offloading AI to non-designated headless clients on-the-fly up to a set limit per. It has a small footprint and has many features:

- Redundancy for disconnected/crashed headless clients along with reconnecting - Server will automatically shift server-owned AI back over to a crashed and reconnected headless client and re-manage their ID's

- Configurable with Zeus - A Zeus GM can disable and re-enable automatic server-offloading of locally owned AI groups at will

- Will "flag" a group that's been forcibly transferred back over to a Zeus GM to prevent it from being offloaded, therefore requiring manual ownership change (Ares Zeus Extensions)

- Includes a handy Server and Headless Client(s) FPS report that updates once a second: Shows all locally owned AI on that process, all cached AI (simulated disabled/hidden), as well as all vehicles

- Management of player client ID's along with a framework underneath to allow for custom written EventHandlers from external script sources

- Simple or detailed logging (including a logged FPS report plus AI ownership on server and HC RPT's)

- Empty group management deletion, if enabled

It's an easy installation with a root Init file that's loaded on all processes (server, all HC's, and all; players). A separate Functions file also has some non-related, helpful functions available. 

Please feel free to ask any questions or report any bugs I may've missed. I appreciate any feedback and I hope this helps fill a need out there. 

Download here:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=15epMpBmJ7l-zjSpc5QxoVOrHVNXVVDa1

Screenshots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IF33pxejBsDKzR9Ly2gWHThYHPGbMGA-

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Amar Amrullah said:

is it possible to blacklist a few specific vehicled so that the script wont take over the vehicle control?

I'm not following you here - Blacklist vehicles from what again exactly?

im trying to use Devas's convoy script. So i want to disable HC from taking control on that convoy vehicles only.

i suspect the convoy won't move because of HC taking over control of the AI vehicles.

Someone stated that the issue was HC taking control over, so he blacklisted the convoy's vehicle from the HC by inserting a script in every convoy's vehicles.

He was using AceX HC thou.

The script used :

this setVariable ["acex_headless_blacklist", true, true];

So i was wondering how do i do the same with SCFramework

3 hours ago, Amar Amrullah said:

im trying to use Devas's convoy script. So i want to disable HC from taking control on that convoy vehicles only.

i suspect the convoy won't move because of HC taking over control of the AI vehicles.

Someone stated that the issue was HC taking control over, so he blacklisted the convoy's vehicle from the HC by inserting a script in every convoy's vehicles.

He was using AceX HC thou.

The script used :

this setVariable ["acex_headless_blacklist", true, true];

So i was wondering how do i do the same with SCFramework

Ok I gotcha. So you want to keep the convoy (the AI group) from being transferred to a headless client? It shouldn't be an issue if it is as waypoints automatically get moved when a group gets its ownership transferred no matter where it goes. 

B

Hello there! first of all, sorry for my poor english.

This script work alone or need to use the ACEX Headless client? Im here because the monitoring works like a charm, but the offloading doesn't occur, I mean the AI stay on server side, no trasferring to HC, like in your YouTube video.

Thanks for your great work!

On 1/28/2020 at 7:56 AM, Merino said:

Hello there! first of all, sorry for my poor english.

This script work alone or need to use the ACEX Headless client? Im here because the monitoring works like a charm, but the offloading doesn't occur, I mean the AI stay on server side, no trasferring to HC, like in your YouTube video.

Thanks for your great work!

Howdy Merino, No it doesn't need to use the ACEX headless client. The scripts in there should it on their own. That's the basis of the whole idea behind it. If it's not transferring, there might be a problem with the headless client(s) connecting to the server. That's the only thing I can think of.

Is there a setting to blacklist some AI from transferring over like in ACEX?