Dallas Medina

Making AI hunt down other AI/player

Howdy, I'm trying to set up a scenario in which ISIS fighters hunt down a Syrian pilot after he is shot down. The scenario is completely random and dynamic, meaning the pilot might not even get shot down, or he could be killed by the plane exploding, or if he is shot down, he could land anywhere. Basically it isn't set in stone, but if it DOES happen, I'd like a team of terrorists in a truck to travel towards the parachuting pilot and attempt to kill him, no matter where he ends up on the map.

Could someone explain how to do this? Also, there are TWO pilots in two seperate MiG-29s, one is an AI and the other is a player, and I'd like the enemy AI to be able to hunt down both of them in the event they parachute to the ground.

Also.... could the same apply to a rescue chopper? IE: pilot shot down, triggers a helicopter to attempt to rescue him.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Bis fnc Stalk is what you are looking for ^^ (for terrorist hunting part) . The rest will require some more scripting. For your rescue chopper you'll have to make a script that tells the chopper to move to the chopper when it's shot down. Use and eventhandler " LandedTouchDown" to detect when your first heli has touched the ground to launch the script.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

fighters hunt down

This is for spawn the desired hunting enemy group,

that you can write your enemy classnames (#define ReconTeam) and set the distance on where it says 1300 (meters) :

create a " ReconTeams.sqf "

//________________  Author : [GR]GEORGE F ___________ 18/12/2017 _____________

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

private ["_ReconTeams","_enemiesArray","_randomPos","_x"];
#define ReconTeam "I_Soldier_SL_F", "I_Soldier_TL_F", "I_soldier_UAV_F", "I_Soldier_M_F","I_medic_F","I_Soldier_AR_F"

_enemiesArray = [grpNull];	
	_x = 0;

_ReconTeams = createGroup independent;
	_randomPos = [[[getPos player, (1300)],[]],["water","out"]] call BIS_fnc_randomPos;
	_ReconTeams = [_randomPos, independent,[ReconTeam]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
	_ReconTeams setCombatMode "RED";	

_enemiesArray = _enemiesArray + [_ReconTeams];

while {true} do  {
//hint"WP ReconTeam updated";
{
	deleteWaypoint [_x, 0];	
	_waypoint1 = _x addWaypoint [(getPos player),0];	
	_waypoint1 setWaypointType "SAD";//SAD MOVE
	_x setCombatMode "RED";
	_x setSpeedMode "FULL";
	_x allowFleeing 0;	
		}foreach [_ReconTeams];
	 sleep 50;
 };

This is for spawning again and again on the current sec :

while {true} do {	
	sleep 1300 + (random 2000);
	execVM "ReconTeams.sqf";
};

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 3:42 AM, Mr H. said:

Bis fnc Stalk is what you are looking for ^^ (for terrorist hunting part) . The rest will require some more scripting. For your rescue chopper you'll have to make a script that tells the chopper to move to the chopper when it's shot down. Use and eventhandler " LandedTouchDown" to detect when your first heli has touched the ground to launch the script.

That sounds very interesting. Exactly what I'm looking for. I just have no idea how to initiate scripts. I've never ever used scripting in this game before. I wish there was an example template mission I could look at or copy and paste.

As for what George Floros recommended: that won't work for me because I don't want to spawn AI. I want the hunting terrorists to consist of the same group of guys already in the game, they have custom loadouts and weapons. It's a 6 man team, armed with AKs, PKM, RPGs, SVDs, and Iglas and 2 armed technicals.

If you have no scripting knowledge what you are trying to do might prove difficult to achieve, you should start with simpler stuff and some training in basic scripting, there are tons of tutorials out there:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Introduction_to_Scripting

is a good start.
Some things (like what you want to do) will require scripting and cannot be done without.

On 2/13/2018 at 12:39 AM, Mr H. said:

If you have no scripting knowledge what you are trying to do might prove difficult to achieve, you should start with simpler stuff and some training in basic scripting, there are tons of tutorials out there:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Introduction_to_Scripting

is a good start.
Some things (like what you want to do) will require scripting and cannot be done without.

But are there templates I could go off of? Maybe someone has already done something similar I could copy and paste?

Sounds like a good place for you to start learning as everything you need is already here. Simply set a trigger that detects if/when the plane is destroyed and then release the Hunter/Killer team (who should be on a Hold waypoint in the meanwhile). So you don't want to use George's script because you dont want the spawn?  Then cut out the spawning aspects of the code and just use the Waypoint (tracking) ones. This is really the best way to learn to do some things on your own is just by extracting useful parts of other's scripts, play with them until they work for what you want.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Sounds like a good place for you to start learning as everything you need is already here. Simply set a trigger that detects if/when the plane is destroyed and then release the Hunter/Killer team (who should be on a Hold waypoint in the meanwhile). So you don't want to use George's script because you dont want the spawn?  Then cut out the spawning aspects of the code and just use the Waypoint (tracking) ones. This is really the best way to learn to do some things on your own is just by extracting useful parts of other's scripts, play with them until they work.

Exactly, well put.

Give a man a working script snippet and he will be happy for a day. Teach him how to script on his own and he'll tear out his hair for the rest of his life, complaining about badly done naming conventions, commands that don't do what their names imply and will probably end up in an asylum trying to make AI drive from A to B without killing half of the maps population.

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Haha 3