Alpine_gremlin

Hold Action Not Appearing

Hey guys! So I`ve been trying to get a bit more fancy with my addAction and wanted to try and make use of BI`s hold action function. In this particular example, I want the players to hold their action button in order to drain the fuel out of a helicopter to hamper their enemies later in the mission. The action does not seem to appear however.

Code:

[hind1,"Siphon Fuel Tank","\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_hack_ca.paa","\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_hack_ca.paa","_this distance _target < 3","_caller distance _target < 3",{hint "Siphoning fuel..."},{},{hind1 setFuel 0; hint "Fuel Emptied!"},{},[],12,nil,true,false] call BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd; 

I`m not sure if there is something wrong with my conditions that show the action and then allow it to progress. Note that when I place the condition as "True" the action appears fine, but I want to require the players to get close like you would have to in the real world in order to get access to the vehicle`s fuel tank.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Try increasing the distance in the condition. The distance command measures the distance from the centre of the object and as such, due to the object's geometry, you might be unable to get within 3 metres of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1