Temppa

Hellanmaa / Hellanmaa winter

Love the terrain and the use of ditches with bushes in them, helps nicely to break up the terrain and offer good cover to infantry. Layout is very good for an 8x8km map with good sparseness to it which I guess replicates the Finnish countryside. Would make for good mixed Infantry and Mechanised missions with the open terrain. Overall the map looks lovely and has its own feel to it, much like VT5 in trying to capture Finland. Great work in achieving that on your first map Temppa.

My one improve for this would be some more detailing to the small settlements that dot the landscape, they are fit for purpose at the moment. But lack a lived in feel, and offer only a few buildings in some cases. A minor expansion and some more props like tracks for some of the garages, gardens or other "obstacles" will help to make each settlement an interesting area to fight around as part of the mixed terrain on offer.

Overall this is a great map for a first time job. I hope to make some missions on here soon.

• Like 3

Updated

- More houses, more roads, config fixes, altitude differences in forests

• Like 1

Looking good so far!

Personally i would add a bit more clutter to most surfaces and increase the density of trees in a lot of the forests which could be done fairly quickly with terrain processor. I think it would give the forests a slightly more secluded feel to them, which would go really well with the noise you have added to the heightfield now. Would help contrast against the nice open fields too.

Love a lot of the detail in the small dotted villages around too. Keep up the good work. :)

44 minutes ago, -ben- said:

Looking good so far!

Personally i would add a bit more clutter to most surfaces and increase the density of trees in a lot of the forests which could be done fairly quickly with terrain processor. I think it would give the forests a slightly more secluded feel to them, which would go really well with the noise you have added to the heightfield now. Would help contrast against the nice open fields too.

Love a lot of the detail in the small dotted villages around too. Keep up the good work. :)

If I remember correctly, the forests are lighter on purpose. They provide a slightly different feeling compared to vt5 which has more dense forests.

EDIT: This thread should be btw moved to complete section, since it has a released version out.

8 hours ago, bumgie said:

This thread should be btw moved to complete section, since it has a released version out.

Thanks for using the "report post" to notify the moderating team. Your thread has now been moved. 

6 hours ago, Drofseh said:

@Temppa

Hellanmma and Ruha look really cool, but arma crashes every time I load them in the editor to look around.

You have CUP Terrains - Core 1.3.0, update it to 1.4.2

1 hour ago, Temppa said:

You have CUP Terrains - Core 1.3.0, update it to 1.4.2

Derp, thanks

Terrain updated
Changed cup core objects to enoch objects, no requirements anymore.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Temppa said:

Terrain updated
Changed cup core objects to enoch objects, no requirements anymore.

Does it require to have the contact dlc? I don't have the contact dlc and so i am not seeing any livonia buildings in this map, it looks so empty. 

3 minutes ago, Mohsin666 said:

Does it require to have the contact dlc? I don't have the contact dlc and so i am not seeing any livonia buildings in this map, it looks so empty. 

You'll have to update to the current Arma build. The DLC's usually give you the assets, you just can't access the full map.

@Temppa this release is a masterpiece. It's amazing what you've done with the Enoch assets. All the fantastic forest ambience of Livonia but without the terrible frame rates. All this map needs is a few streams / small lakes / dams and it would 103% perfect.  

• Like 3

Updated
Added more details
Added winter version
FC12CF20D6FDBA8EC69AFD6326F6E9936D6AE594
C83A9C04D557AC0DDD4F8F673C1C4339FA3A706E

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Hi Temppa! I posted on your workshop page but figured I might as well mention it here as well. The ambient sounds are bugged whenever you move away from vegetation. They become mute and the game becomes weirdly silent except for your character movements. I love your maps especially hellannmaa so this is an especial bummer for me. Thanks for what you do!

Hello.
I find this card beautiful, well done. I love it .
moreover, it has the advantage of having no necessary addon, it is self-sufficient.

here are two screens on this map

The winter version lacks a bit of snow on the ground, and some snow-covered trees would adorn the whole.

20191010.jpg

20191011.jpg

The winter map is made half snowy so it looks like a spring map. When it is foggy and snow is raining it looks just like Finland has a spring storm. I try fix that SpatialSounds problem in next patch.

Temppa, we use your maps extensively, as they're both visually excellent and ideal for small scale infantry combat. 

So a big thank you.

I noticed that you mentioned you'd gone for the partial snow coverage in Hellanmaa.  Whilst this is great for variety, there does seem to be a graphical issue (perhaps texture resolution?) in the placement of the snow.  The thawed patches look a little regular (square) in some places.  Is this an engine limitation?