ADV - ACE Splint

- Fixing you up if your arms and legs go kaputt -

D45657A324B458857B7C753B9A39DC2F96B9D0F7

The times are over in which you had to use a Personal Aid Kit to fix damaged arms and legs with ACE³.

ADV - ACE Splint offers you an item you can use to fix damaged arms and legs.

Of course the option to splint a damaged limbed will only be available with ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage disabled.
Depending on your settings an applied splint might come off again. In that case you might be able to apply it again, or have to use a new one.

I recommend using ADV - ACE CPR additionally to ADV - ACE Splint - not just because I'm the modest author, but because these two mods offer the things I felt missing in the current version of ACE³.

Download:

The most current version (1.1.6) can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_Medical/releases/download/1.1.6/@adv_aceSplint.zip

You can get it at armaholic (thanks to foxhound!):

news_download_a3_3.png

ADV - ACE Splint v1.1.5

required_addons.png

Advanced Combat Environment 3 (ACE 3)
Community Base addons A3

The Addon is signed and has a bikey. And of course ACE³ is needed - adv_aceSplint works with at least version 3.12.0

Or get it at the Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1291442929

For mission builders:

Settings for ADV - ACE Splint can be changed with cba settings, or the following variables:

adv_aceSplint_reopenChance_regular = 0;		//default 30, maximum value 100
adv_aceSplint_reopenChance_medic = 0;		//default 0, maximum value 100
adv_aceSplint_reopenTime = 300;			//default 600
adv_aceSplint_reuseChance = 80;			//default 90, maximum value 100
adv_aceSplint_patientCondition = 0;		//default 0, 1 = patient has to be bandaged before applying splint

The classname for the splint item is

"adv_aceSplint_splint"

If you want to enable logging to rpt set this variable:

adv_aceSplint_diag = true;

Current issues:

- Unknown. We don't usually play with ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage so if something breaks I'm most likely the last person to know about it, so bug reports are always welcome.

Special thanks:

- NorX Aengell

- DeliciousJaffa

- GodofMonkeys

- veteran29

- corp-0

Changelog:

1.1.6:

• FIXED: check limb feature wouldn't be applied correctly
  • ADDED: spanish and polish translation
  • ADDED: setting for the patient's condition in order to be splinted

Spoiler

1.1.5:

• ADDED: new settings for reopen chance for medics and regular soldiers.
  • ADDED: new limb analysis feature.

1.1.3:

• IMPROVED: added splint item to ace medical advanced crates.
  • IMPROVED: added chinese translation (thanks to GodofMonkeys!)
  • IMPROVED: added additional checks for PAK usage.

1.1.2:

• ADDED: Setting to enable/disable ADV - ACE Splint.

1.1.1:

• IMPROVED: added randomization to reopen-time.
  • FIXED: reset of falling off splints upon PAK usage.

1.1.0:

• ADDED: cba settings.
  • ADDED: splints can now fall off.
  • ADDED: variables for probability for the splint falling off, time for the splint to take falling off, and for the probability to be able to reuse the fallen off splint.

1.0.2:

• IMPROVED: added french translation to stringtable.xml - courtesy of NorX Aengell.

1.0.1:

• FIXED: Compatibility to ACE 3.11.0

1.0:

• First build.

And of course, the licence:

This addon - as a whole - is allowed to be copied, distributed or modified as per the GPL-2.0 licence.

Additional terms apply for using this addon:

You may not use this addon or parts or derivatives of it for any commercial purposes, including monetized game servers.

This addon or parts or derivatives of it may not be used in any derivative of Life gamemode.

Different licences may apply to parts of this addon if it's not copied or distributed as a whole.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have this in my ace settings 

force force ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage = true;

But still no option for sam split.

and yes i got 2 in my backpack

Eny iders?

2 hours ago, loopdk said:

I have this in my ace settings 

force force ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage = true;

But still no option for sam split.

and yes i got 2 in my backpack

Eny iders?

Ah... it should've said: disabled. healHitPointAfterAdvBandage has to be disabled in order to give the option to use the splints. Otherwise there's no need for splints.

- updated description.

• Like 1

Quick question, I have always run with bandages healing hit points specifically because of this feature. Aside from effects from the damaged limbs, does disabling hit points have any other use?

On 2/9/2018 at 8:12 PM, pirkleawesome said:

Quick question, I have always run with bandages healing hit points specifically because of this feature. Aside from effects from the damaged limbs, does disabling hit points have any other use?

Not to my knowledge.

Is this basically just a cosmetic alternative to the ACE setting heal Hit Point After Adv Bandage setting in ACE 3?

From my understanding if that setting is enabled it will allow players to run again without the need of a PAK, Does this do that same thing only after apply the splint? 

is it possible to make timer? like wound will be fixed after 60 seconds or 120

21 hours ago, rekkless said:

Is this basically just a cosmetic alternative to the ACE setting heal Hit Point After Adv Bandage setting in ACE 3?

From my understanding if that setting is enabled it will allow players to run again without the need of a PAK, Does this do that same thing only after apply the splint? 

Basically yes, you apply a splint and people that couldn't run before can run again. Is it only a "cosmetic alternative"? No, for people that want to make the medic job more demanding this is yet another step when threating someone. So you have to have the splint and it takes time to apply it!

• Like 2

On 3/19/2018 at 9:04 PM, mihal190 said:

is it possible to make timer? like wound will be fixed after 60 seconds or 120

It's possible. Question is: Why though? Applying a bandage will heal a wound immediately, why should a splint act differently?

On 3/19/2018 at 6:15 AM, rekkless said:

What Moon_chilD said. It's for people who think ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage makes the game less interesting, but don't want to use PAKs in order to solve the simple problem of damaged limbs. With ADV - ACE Splint you can have ace_medical_healHitPointAfterAdvBandage set to 0, so you're players might keep their damaged limbs even after bandaging all the wounds - until they put on a splint. That way your players can hobble around and only the medics can have splints, so they'll have to stumble to the medic tent to carry on - without the need to resetting their whole health to starting values.

As I said in the CPR thread, we're loving this mod.  Really adds something to gameplay, just as it is.

That said, and I don't know if it's possible (or the author at all interested in doing so), but it might be nice to have an option to have the splint improve the wound effect but not wholly fix it?  So for example, if a leg wound produces a 50% reduction in speed, and wound after the splint has been applied results in only a 25% reduction in speed.  Same for shooting stability for arm wounds.

Another option might be making splints removable (and returns to inventory), and the effect returning, much as ACE3 uses tourniquets?

Keep up the great work Belbo, awesome complimentary mods these two (with CPR).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

That said, and I don't know if it's possible (or the author at all interested in doing so), but it might be nice to have an option to have the splint improve the wound effect but not wholly fix it?  So for example, if a leg wound produces a 50% reduction in speed, and wound after the splint has been applied results in only a 25% reduction in speed.  Same for shooting stability for arm wounds.

Another option might be making splints removable (and returns to inventory), and the effect returning, much as ACE3 uses tourniquets?

As far as I know the 'status effect' of a damaged limb is binary. A limb can either be damaged and thus effect your walking speed or aiming stability, or it can be not damaged and thus not impair you at all. At least that's the way ace handles their broken limb effect: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/medical/functions/fnc_setHitPointDamage.sqf (everything following line 86). So to implement such a feature would require much more work, that's why it's not within my scope for this mod.

Making splints removable is something that I already looked into. It would take much more code to implement it, but it's not something that I haven't thought about. I'm currently working on having the option that splints can 'fall off' or rather loosen. Then they must be applied anew. It would be much more fun if a splint could then simply be reused, in a sense that you take the old one off and apply it again. But I have yet to get this far.

The problems with this are for example: The splint has to be added to the status log - the one that shows when a tourniquet has been applied (which I thought was not much of a hassle... turns out, it really is, because the function that handles that does much more and is specific to the preconfigured treatments. There's no single function for that in ace). Additionally the 'broken' status only applies to both limbs at the same time, so one splint will always fix both limbs and will always be applied to both limbs. That's a limitation that comes with the way either ace or arma handles hitpointdamage. If a splint would be able to loosen, it would this way get loose on both limbs. I'd have to rewrite ADV - ACE Splint in a way that you would always need one splint for the left and one for the right limb in order to really remove the status effect, even though only one side might be damaged.

So even though I'd really like to do that, it might just be too much work to achieve something reasonable to keep it fun for me. :)

• Thanks 1

Updated to version 1.1.0: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_Mods/releases/download/1.1.0/adv_aceSplint.zip

ADDED: cba settings.

ADDED: splints can now fall off.

ADDED: variables for probability for the splint falling off, time for the splint to take falling off, and for the probability to be able to reuse the fallen off splint.

Hi Belbo,

are there any sideeffects, when the player is using the Splint? Like random falling down or continous amount of Pain added? Or have you any plans in this direction?

Is the probability, that the Splint falling down higher, when the player is moving or running?

Greetings and keep up the great work

There are no side effects. I don't really plan on implementing anything like that.

I'm thinking about adjusting the risks depending on the player being on the move - or even dropping the splint on the ground if it falls off, instead of readding it to the inventory. But for now I just want to see the first iteration of this fall off-system to work.

Thanks for your reply.

We will see, how we can integrate it, and report back.