viperBAT44

Setting Spawned AI waypoints attributes

Ok... I have searched for a solution to my problem to no avail (nothing specific to what I am trying to achieve anyhow).

What I'm doing:

Spawning AI BLUFOR group from trigger when my player group is present:working

I place this code in on Activation of trigger to appear at marker:_wpt1 = _fireteam addWaypoint [getMarkerPos"WEST_WP1",0];_wpt1 setWaypointType "MOVE"; working... however I don't want group to be running to WP marker, so I put this after said code:_wpt1 setWaypointSpeed "LIMITED"; Group doesn't move at all.

I also want the group to be in column formation not wedge.

How would I go about making this work?

It's simply for base ambiance as my squad lands at base.

Thank you in advance!

What  works for me. But let's try _wpt1 setWaypointBehaviour "SAFE"; You will have a walking column, able to shift in combat mode.

• Like 1

My AI compilation list is a large AI reference that you can use to find , mods, scripts, and threads discussing various things

based on what your looking to do, please use it first before creating threads for AI.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pierremgi said:

What  works for me. But let's try _wpt1 setWaypointBehaviour "SAFE"; You will have a walking column, able to shift in combat mode.

Thanks pierremgi! Will try this now as I just got up lol!

8 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

My AI compilation list is a large AI reference that you can use to find , mods, scripts, and threads discussing various things

based on what your looking to do, please use it first before creating threads for AI.

Much appreciation Gunter! Your AI compilation list is my go to for anything I need and has assisted me countless times and still will! Maybe I overlooked something and will search again... gonna try what pierremgi  suggested and will report back. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Still the running persists... so I went a different route and sent the spawned groups headlong into a spawned enemy force attacking airfield. Some action as I land at the airfield anyways! kinda like it better anyhow... Thanks again Fellas!

You can try forceWalk, but i'm surprised you can't have a walking patrol with safe behavior. Perhaps some enemy environment. try also careless behavior to make test.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 11:33 PM, pierremgi said:

You can try forceWalk, but i'm surprised you can't have a walking patrol with safe behavior. Perhaps some enemy environment. try also careless behavior to make test.

Would I be right in assuming that VCOM AI mod may have something to do with this?