simcardo

textureless headgear behind glasses

First of all I've been searching the forums and anywhere else about this, there are indeed similar issues (like in this thread: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/195356-cant-see-textures-through-glass/) but I cant find any fix about this one. 

Basically my helmet models appear all white behind any glasses, I've tried doing something like sorting alphas but that didn't seem to work.

https://imgur.com/a/cTG0W

Can anyone help? Could it be an rvmat issue or something? 

(this issue appears in few rhs helmets too apparently)

Inside O2 the "glass" needs to be top alpha layer. 

Highlight lens or glass, then 

Top tabs click

Faces > Move top

yea I've tried that several times and repeating it again-and-again but it didn't work for whatever reasons..

maybe because there are multiple sections that has alpha and not only glass? like camo net and stuff?

but yea im pretty sure it's an alpha issue because this doesn't happen on helmets that has no goggles

Indeed, it's alpha sorting issue but I'm afraid you won't be able to do too much with it on your end since issue lays in how game sorts alpha across multiple proxies. In short, game decides about sorting between alpha channels basing on bounding box of objects - first you have sorting between selections in object builder which you can control via sorting buttons, then, game sort proxies based on their size, where bigger objects are higher in hierarchy. Adding reasonable bounding box extender to i.e. optics allowed to fix for example issue with scopes & rifles which were using alpha textures.

If you still have that issue you might also check if you don't have some rough vertex somewhere which increases your helmet bounding box.

https://imgur.com/a/gw6cl

Fixed spectacles, squares and tactical glasses in A3 data - please let me know if there are some more problematic assets and I will try to fix them in spare time ;)

So by this, implying that the helmets have their alphas sorted correctly, it would be more of an issue with the glasses model right? I guess i might try to do a simple tactical glasses model with a bounding box on its geometry LOD (in which i don't know how to make the bounding box at this moment; i'll try to browse tutorials) and see if it fixes it

anyway the bandana with aviator and sports shades have this bug too, the bandana itself is textureless behind the aviator; 

thanks for the advice!

15 hours ago, simcardo said:

So by this, implying that the helmets have their alphas sorted correctly

Their size cannot be too big too. Bounding box is created automatically by measuring most extreme positions in object & in the included picture you have any example how to extend it

15 hours ago, simcardo said:

anyway the bandana with aviator and sports shades have this bug too, the bandana itself is textureless behind the aviator

aren't aviator glasses non transparent? I cannot reproduce it on my end

Tried loading the game without mods and turns out yes I couldn't reproduce it; I must have loaded a mod that somewhat modified the aviators to have transparency lel