jackrabbitslim_

Mounting and dismounting ai loop

Hi all,

I have a problem when using an AI squad containing a vehicle, for example if a mechanized squad with an APC is under attack or near enemies, the AI commander / squad leader enters a loop and tell the squad to dismount, then mount, then dismount ect.

Do you know a way to fix this problem if you have noticed it ?

Thanks

AI is actually frequently getting on that LSD task-loop trip lately (but i'm exclusively on dev branch so relevant only to that).

Retarded target prioritizing, time-to-engage, mounting/dismounting pathfinding, etc etc...

Could be yet another broken thing from LoW in leu of modded fixed wing suspension not working.

Or a WiP for something Tanx related.

EDiT: worst part is - AI mods just break everything even more (ASR, C2 etc) and spams the crap out of that debug pop-up (dev-branch so to be expected).

Too bad there is no solution. Bugs like that makes me going back to arma 2 frequently, as I play mainly single player with mods and editor I don't need a huge online community but I need strong AI with at least believable tactics, this is nonsense.

I wonder how people do not to go crazy with this kind of problems, am I the only one using APC with AI ?

i too have this issue and i play SP only.

its very annoying and can break missions in some cases,its not a new issue either iv experienced it dating back at least a year,its more common to happen these days however.

modded and unmodded

Ye it apears by playing with AI Mods. Squads want to hold a formation and repeats the order.

Its frustrating in any way. Also splitted AI Squads report targets even if the they are divided many Km.

If Iam alone somewhere on the map my ai squadmember reports targets in my near, targets he cant see/hear.

Thats optimized for squads which are close together. But sucks bad if you have vehicles or fight spreaded wide.

This needs a complete overhaul.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:04 PM, jackrabbitslim_ said:

Up,

Any workaround for this problem ? It's still persistent today and si very annoying when creating missions for SP.

Not without some more intricate coding.

I believe using the "TR UNLOAD" waypoint type will make any AI in cargo slots disembark and not attempt to enter the vehicle again...So making vehicles do this during combat will prevent AI from entering in repeatedly

I had the same problem and somehow i found this, which works for me. I wanted the AI to disembark only if i order them (by a script).  It might come in handy, even if others with the same problem find this topic.