Hello there!

Forgotten Fronts: 40-45 is a ww2 modification for Arma 3 mainly focussed on adding the forgotten factions of WW2. We're a team of various modders from across the globe with alot of interest and knowledge on WW2. 

Spoiler

ff_m40_denazified.png

(denazified for BI formums, In game will have historic symbols)

Spoiler

unknown.png

(m40 uniform)

Spoiler

unknown.png

(m36 Uniform)

Spoiler

unknown.png

(Dutch Soldier holding carbine)

Spoiler

288dfdef154b33a31db33b650f6d4a97.png

(French Uniform in Progress)

In Progress:

Dutch Army - [NL]

French Army - [FR]

Dutch Resistance - [NBS]

Wehrmacht and Waffen SS - [DE]

American Army - [US]

Civillian faction [CIV]

Various map assets

Ockenburgh Airfield Terrain

Planned:

Luchtstrijdkrachten faction - [LSK]

KNIL faction - [KNIL]

Korps Mariniers faction - [KM]

Russian Army - [USSR]

We eventually hope to tackle all of the above in a well functioning Arma mod for all to enjoy! Any help, tips and comments are very much welcome :smileee: we're a relatively new bunch of chaps when it comes to Arma modding.. slowly piecing togheter this immense project.

The Team:

Justin (Importer, config coder, texture artist)

Motta (Importer, modeler)

Simcardo (Importer, Config coder, Modeler) 

Rikugun (Modeler, Texture artist) 

ItsJustCat (Texture Artist)

Lakarak (Importer, modeler)

Zhivets (Reference Aid)

Lennard (Terrain Objects)

GP-5 (Terrain Team)

Jenkins (Terrain Team)

(Discord: https://discord.gg/uaBfN7s)

Other (Ex)Members:

Ivan [7Pz.Div] (Spanish Project)

Loki (Spanish Project)

WelshStalker (Spanish Project)

Xeno (Ex- Team member)

PtrcK (Ex- Team member)

Schwienny (Ex- Team member)

Special Thanks To:

Waxbutter (Assets, Information and overall support)

(CSA38)Petrtlach (Assets, Information and many learning oppertunities)

Scott Delbressine (3D Scan Developement)

BraveSirCharge and Northern Fronts (Assets and enduring Support)

Dutcheeseblend & Northern Fronts (Fokker Dxxi)

Landrik (Historical Advising)

Tomolyons (Amazing Music)

Felix (Enduring support)

Basher (Enduring support)

Adami (Enduring Support)

Rismarck (Assets and support)

You (For taking the time to read this)

Hope you all like the idea. There's more to come soon :f:

FF DEV has released on Steam workshop! Check it out here: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1878095865

Edited by Justin N.
release
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Yes !, any addition to the world war two scene that isnt american, british, german or soviet is a welcome sight.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, yevgeni89 said:

Yes !, any addition to the world war two scene that isnt american, british, german or soviet is a welcome sight.

Agreed, Alot of people overlook the smaller nations in ww2 and its nice to see some of them getting love.

• Like 2

Hello again!

Thanks for all the likes and comments so far! It really means alot to see so much support for this project. Below some pictures of the NBS. The NBS were ex- resistance fighters whom were turned into an interior fighting force when parts of the country got liberated in 1944. Equipped by the allies the NBS was tasked with helping out the allied forces in any way possible and carry out arrests in the name of the fatherland. These awesome shots were made by Zhivets and feature a sten gun from Faces Of War (We will eventually have our own)

Spoiler

20180205160036_1.jpg

Spoiler

20180205161512_1.jpg

• Like 5

I am very excited for this, the question remains though where there be bicycles ;)?

• Like 1

Clogs, Bicycles and Windmills are something we definitely wont leave out! :don16:

• Like 2

I'm sure a lot of you have been eager to hear some news about the mod, so I'm happy to share with you some of the team's latest progress. Keep in mind that much of the content pictured is very much subject to change. 

Terrains

Operation Market Garden, British Sector by Schwienyy

Spoiler

ObVqfbR.jpgTyghdo9.jpgmvKBint.jpgXdcQ4gz.pngSfJe44N.jpg107410_20180328165741_1.png

Ockenburgh Auxiliary Airfield & ammo dump by Schwienyy

Spoiler

107410_20180401134913_1.pngLy2RNAq.jpg2VCvDsR.jpgfiEiJFc.jpg

New civilian clothing from Justin N. and fedoras from PtrcK [51st]

Spoiler

107410_20180314002625_1.png107410_20180325162530_1.png5n6q31l.jpg107410_20180325150753_1.png

Please note that some of the assets pictured are stand-ins from other mods until we have more stuff of our own to showcase.

Alongside all this, the team has recently gained several talented new members who've been working on some lovely new content which I'm sure they'll be ready to show soon™, so stay tuned.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Very psyched up for this one, guys! Question: for the British Sector of Market Garden map, are you doing Oosterbeek, Driel or are you going to try and go so far as to make the western side of Arnhem up to the John Frost bridge?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, warflak said:

Very psyched up for this one, guys! Question: for the British Sector of Market Garden map, are you doing Oosterbeek, Driel or are you going to try and go so far as to make the western side of Arnhem up to the John Frost bridge?

The British Sector map will cover roughly this area. 

unknown.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't say that I expected Wolfheze or Ginkel Heath, but I am pleasantly surprised! Thank you for your reply!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi lsk323941, 

The retexture pack is just something i made for my unit. Wich shares the same name as this. I also use that to test some things from time to time. But this is not the forum for that particular project. This is for the Forgotten Fronts: Holland mod wich is still being worked on.

• Like 1

That being said. Let me update you all a bit on the project. It has been a while. 

Work continues with the great input of all developers and external helpers. the project is really shaping up to much, much more than i couldve ever hoped and learning along the way i myself, and some of our modelers often re-do items for the sake of quality. Wich means it takes some time for us to have something we are happy with to show you guys. Most of our updates have been on discord. However allow me to show you guys some more stuff. 

The Dutch Faction

The dutch faction has had some upgrades since the last time i showed them. More work will be done on variation and ranks for the dutch. But i havent found the time to do so yet. They are still the main focus of this mod. 

107410_20190104013234_1.png

Dutch soldiers in combat (Image by schwienny, other mods used for props etc. the houses will be in Forgotten Fronts however)

unknown.png

WIP Fokker D.xxi in flight. Model by FWW2 and Forgotten Fronts team. (In cooperation with Northern Fronts)

unknown.png

D95ED0D748FAC122DE2F3AB53F24CA8ADB5AF953

12CAA880C298DDB46C4B68C74DA9E640D3D7B8C9

Dutch NBS in combat configuration

Other Stuff/ Etc. 

For other stuff we have been working on some buildings togheter with lennard from faces of war. We have also taken on some Spanish Civil War assets from our spanish brothers from GCE. Wich will be worked on alongside the content for Forgotten Fronts: Holland. 

EEF5CF40668A8E53D39AD12ADA2EF1DCD1EE3079

Interior of a dutch pub.

223CA51C1B9F831849D839CC918EBED6AD28C1CA

Spanish Nationalist Forces (Spanish Civil War)

Other than that plans and guidelines have been set for a release, and plans are being made for after said release. We really just want this to be as polished and purrrfect when we release it. We plan to add more early war factions from the lowlands as we progress in the project. 

P.S. for the recent spike in developement i really want to thank Simcardo, Petrlach and Rikugun for alot of help on assets and sharing their work, without them this simply wouldnt have been possible.

Edited by Justin N.
outdated
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

I'm really keen on seeing your new Maps! If they are suited (big enough)  I have a cool idea for a mission.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

I'm really keen on seeing your new Maps! If they are suited (big enough)  I have a cool idea for a mission.

Hi Part,

The terrain I'm working on will be big enough to cover ALL Commonwealth movement during the landings and the action in Oosterbeek and Wolfheze. The map features all Landing and Drop Zones. It even supplies the Supply Zone Y which was ambushed by German forces just northwest of Arnhem. Because it is hard to make a good looking city with the limited amount of assets I have at my disposal I could not bring myself to doing it. The map is made with Dutch and Allied maps from the time and I try to recreate is as good as I can, with a very small amount of freedom to work around missing assets and to prevent a too big of a workload. 

If I don't forget I shall post some more images of the terrain in the near future to keep you guys updated to that aswell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm happy to see you guys have done far more than the Trello board suggests. I have and will continue to monitor your progress enthusiastically!

• Thanks 1

Quick question: did FF and GCE merge or are they still separate? Do they have their own forum?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Forgotten Fronts has merged with GCE due to a lack of time on the spanish side of things. we're currently giving the GCE assets a quality update and we're planning to include it within FF later on. After we finish our own release goals of course. 

• Like 4

Hey guys, 

Due to a recent falling out in the team the dev team has decided to remove Schwienny from the developer role. We're working towards getting new terrains and we are actively training a new terrain designer. In other news, I've updated all posts with outdated content.. including the main thread. go take a look! it's worth it

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

With this set back, are you guys able to disclose what terrains are coming now? Or is it still hush hush until you lads want to show 😉

Sadly not at this time. We are working towards getting an Ockenburgh Airfield terrain into ArmA to replace the one that was set for release. All other map projects have been scrapped until we have some manpower on the terrains side. If there will be a map at release is hard to tell at the moment. 

• Like 5