kvntvan

enemies spawning as objects

hello I've got an issue with bad guys spawning on my dedicated server as irresponsive inanimate objects, I'm not using a script, just editor placed ai, with "dostop this;" in the init

it looks like this when looking at it in zeus

05442998f4.jpg

does anyone have a clue whats going on?

i also noticed that if i leave the server and rejoin, they will be fixed and revert to normal opfor units

Maybe dynamic simulation is stewing it up

Dynamic Simulation is a feature that extends the possibilities to define and control object simulation. It's goal is to allow designer to increase number of objects and AI units that can be present in the mission without destroying game performance. This is achieved by selectively simulating only what is needed.

Features

Affects both SP and MP scenarios.

Can be selectively applied to entities and groups.

Easy to setup.

Silent background operation; no lag spikes or fps drops.

Limitations

No line of sight detection; designer needs to make sure player cannot see transition between enabled/disabled states.

No support for moving entities; entities will stop moving when disabled.

No backward compatibility with other older systems like are the scripted Sites or FPS Manager

If you are trying to manage to keep AI on spot in building and not running away from position, try to use

_unit disableAI "PATH"';

instead of "doStop this". Disabling AI's "path" will make unit stay on position, but he also have ability to turn around and look at player. They are able to do 360° head-shot on spot.

• Like 1

Not sure what causes this but its bad juju to use inits on a dedicated server. The code is called every time a client joins. Good if you like being put back into a car everytime someone drops out and returns.