Sign in to follow this  
Alleged Accomplice

Bridging Kit, build, destroy repair them

Bridging Kit <--Link to mission

The editor placed bridges can't be destroyed, by me anyway. At first I started with building one with triggers and show/hide, fine easy enough. You pull the bridging truck into the triggers and it sets off the show/hides over the time set in the trigger.

Tried everything to blow up the bridge, won't work, like I said for me anyways. So I made more triggers that used the change position modules to move pieces out of the bridge when the enemy put a certain vehicle there (one with a variable name of course. Then I set up some more triggers and change position modules so the side that built the bridge could repair/put another piece in the missing pieces place. Works, not elegant and since I can't write sqf files for nothing it is all with modules.

This isn't an addon and its not really a mission so I could only think to post it here.

I will improve this in time but for dummies like me this should do. Here is the description, it is important.

I tried to find a way to build and kind of destroy/repair bridges. You can't actually blow up the bridge parts but you can move them (destroy the bridge) after unhiding (building the bridge) them. You can also replace the moved part (repair the bridge) when using the repair truck. All of this is a pain to set up the way I've done it but now that it is done I can just save it all to custom compositions. So can you if you like what I've done here. Save the bridge, the show/ hide modules and triggers that cause it to be built, destroyed and repaired altogether. When you put the bridge somewhere else or on another map you will have to line the bridge pieces up again in the editor. You may have to add pieces or take out pieces. You will have to connect new pieces to the show/hide modules. 2 sets of triggers and show/hides build the bridge in 2 parts at different times. I've added some instructions to the map with markers. You save the stuff that setups up the build/repair/destroy vehicles in another composition. Remember those vehicles have to have variable names and those names must be in the triggers that set off what they accomplish. Any questions I will try to answer in the comments.

Ok fixed a way to blow the bridges up, it is the bridge to the north on the map. You actually blow up ammo boxes which are hooked by trigger to bridge pieces. When the ammo box is gone so is the bridge piece. Need something tougher than an ammo box that the game pays attention to.  Need to line up the bridge repair parts better but if you use this you are going to have to line them up yourself anyway so this is usable as is both ways it is done on this map. I will make the repair a 2 part repair later cause that will work better just like the two different triggers in different places I used to build the north bridge in 2 phases works better.