Sign in to follow this  
Doolittle

http://www.bistudio.cz/flashpoint/kestazeni/kestazeni.html

There's a Czech version 1.91 patch out.  The new stuff is this:

OPRAVY CHYB A VYLEPÅ ENÃ 1.91

============================

1.91  - Opraveno: v MP mise, hrané bezprostÅ™ednÄ› po hraní kampanÄ› Resistance, byly k dispozici zbranÄ› z hráÄova "skladu".

1.91  - Nové: Skriptování: Nová funkce typeOf <object>.

1.91  - Opraveno: Pohyb vozidel z kopce byl někdy po silnici velmi pomalý.

RESTORATION SOLECISM PLUS CASTIGATION 191

============================

191 errata within MP mission , steel edge in the wake of about steel edge campaign Resistance , were available arms out of sportsman " stock ".

191 Nové: Skriptování: Nová appointment typeOf object.

191 errata Stir vozidel downhill byl sometimes by the road nearly slow.

I don't know Czech & tried to have it translated.  That's what I got.  What do I gather from this??  typeOf object!!!!  Yahoo!  Does this mean we can soon be told what type an object is instead of flipping through huge arrays and using countType?  Hope so!

Castigation??  www.dictionary.com says:

cas·ti·gate    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (kst-gt)

tr.v. cas·ti·gat·ed, cas·ti·gat·ing, cas·ti·gates

To inflict severe punishment on. See Synonyms at punish.

To criticize severely.

Doolittle

This is more a news-discussion-item than mission-editing, but you all are so fast to drive everything off-topic or into general-ofp-chit-chat ....so moving to GD biggrin.gif

Only a minor changes:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

1.91 - Fixed: In MP misions played immediately after playing Resistance campaign was possible to select weapons from your campaign weapon pool.

1.91 - New: Scripting: New function typeOf <object>.

1.91 - Fixed: Speed of vehicles going downhill on the road was too slow sometimes.

<span id='postcolor'>

It replaces whole 1.90 which makes me little annoyed coz I have to download 12 meg with the same addons on 56k...

Well, I apologize for butchering a language like that! Actually it was the translating program, but still.

Doolittle

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eda Mrcoch @ Dec. 05 2002,19:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.91 - New: Scripting: New function typeOf <object>.<span id='postcolor'>

Weeeeeeeeee! That command I've been waiting for quite some time smile.gif

With this command it should be possible to do _unittype=typeof _vehicle in respawn scripts, making long lists á la ("T80" coutType list trigger1)>0 unnescessary!!! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.91 - Fixed: In MP misions played immediately after playing Resistance campaign was possible to select weapons from your campaign weapon pool.

1.91 - New: Scripting: New function typeOf <object>.

1.91 - Fixed: Speed of vehicles going downhill on the road was too slow sometimes.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I feel so important now, the top bug was the one I told BIS about biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

According to info they did not change the player tiredness when running with the handgun!

I can run with the shitthy handgun all over the island and never get tired of that sprint!!!

I had a message from Suma saying they were considering a command GetType, but he said "no promises". Maybe they have it working now in 1.91? It'll be awesome if true!!

Also, when you run with a handgun, you run a lot slower than you do with a rifle, right? Because running with a handgun is kind of like "trotting" or jogging, not like the full out sprint with a rifle.

I wonder if the driving uphill on roads and going faster than u should bug is fixed. =)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ Dec. 06 2002,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wonder if the driving uphill on roads and going faster than u should bug is fixed. =)<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, the fix is included in this:

1.91 - Fixed: Speed of vehicles going downhill on the road was too slow sometimes.

Full wording should be:

1.91 - Fixed: Speed of vehicles going downhill on the road was too slow sometimes, and it was sometimes too high when going uphill.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 06 2002,22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ Dec. 06 2002,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wonder if the driving uphill on roads and going faster than u should bug is fixed. =)<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, the fix is included in this:

1.91  - Fixed: Speed of vehicles going downhill on the road was too slow sometimes.

Full wording should be:

1.91  - Fixed: Speed of vehicles going downhill on the road was too slow sometimes, and it was sometimes too high when going uphill.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the news Suma, looking good smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ Dec. 06 2002,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had a message from Suma saying they were considering a command GetType, but he said "no promises". Maybe they have it working now in 1.91? It'll be awesome if true!!<span id='postcolor'>

Well, that 'TypeOf' thingy sounds quite like the 'getType' command we were pleading for! smile.gif

Yep, that's what I was referring to. OfType would be the same thing, judging from the sample.

He was silent on the issue when referring to my post, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Obviously if it's a massive undertaking, then I don't think they'd waste their time on it.

As far as scripting goes, Opflash is becoming very refined now. Soon the community will be able to help BIS write OFP2! wink.gif

Gimme some OFFICIAL AA Missiles and I'm all good.

that buglist is really short. THere are several other issues that really deserve to be addressed as well. I'm suprised they aren't taking more time to release a larger patch.

With the handguns, they really need to allow for all three movement modes (walking, jogging, sprinting) like with the rifle. My AI are always walking around with their pistols up and ready to fire, even in careless mode. It really ruins missions where people have handguns but aren't provoked yet.

Have you also noticed that if the unit has a handgun only, all his animations are still as if he had a rifle slung? Try holstering your pistol and walking around, you'll see what I mean.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My AI are always walking around with their pistols up and ready to fire, even in careless mode.<span id='postcolor'>

Gosh... your AI must be really stupied

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 06 2002,22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.91  - Fixed: Speed of vehicles going downhill on the road was too slow sometimes.

Full wording should be:

1.91  - Fixed: Speed of vehicles going downhill on the road was too slow sometimes, and it was sometimes too high when going uphill.<span id='postcolor'>

aaaw sad.gif

I liked your first part better. biggrin.gif

Can anyone with the Czech-version tell me if the tanks are alot slower uphill in 1.91 compared to 1.90 ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Dec. 09 2002,10:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">aaaw sad.gif

Can anyone with the Czech-version tell me if the tanks are alot slower uphill in 1.91 compared to 1.90 ?<span id='postcolor'>

The tank movement speed is exactly the same in 1.91 as it was in 1.85.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 09 2002,12:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Dec. 09 2002,10:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">aaaw sad.gif

Can anyone with the Czech-version tell me if the tanks are alot slower uphill in 1.91 compared to 1.90 ?<span id='postcolor'>

The tank movement speed is exactly the same in 1.91 as it was in 1.85.<span id='postcolor'>

Ahh. It is very enjoable to drive uphill in 1.90. Now, i'll have to use time acceleration again when going uphill. sad.gif