Sign in to follow this  
OF-nox

#debug checkfile

Hi all!

In the Feature-list of 1.90 is a new command "#debug checkfile" which should check the "checkfiles array" in the server config file.

ok, we create a checkfiles array in our server config and modify some file on the client.

When the client is connecting a message popping up "..uses modified config file..." Great!

BUT

If we issue the "#debug checkfile" command (logged in as admin) in MP-Setup, Briefing or during Game..nothing is displayed!

Do i understand this command false ?

Or are there some command line parameters that must be applied to the dedicated.exe rather than -config=... ?

Please help! wink.gif

cheers,

nox

--

Electronic Sports League

Admin OFP

http://www.esl-europe.net/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> new command "#debug checkfile" which should check the "checkfiles array"<span id='postcolor'>

New command #debug checkfile does not check "checkfiles array", it checks whatever OFP file you want. Correct syntax looks like:

#debug checkfile dta\data3d.pbo

Hmmm Suma, it dont works for me.

Let me please post an example. The Server config has an checkfile entry like that (in real it has also the Addons and Data3d, etc.):

checkfiles[]=

{

"mpmissions\[ESL] EVERON WAR_V_2.3.Eden.pbo",

"mpmissionscache\[ESL] EVERON WAR_V_2.3.Eden.pbo"

};

It should check on connection if these Maps are the same on the server. That works verry well!

During game i wish to check also if the maps are still the same.

So i type in global channel as admin:

"#debug checkfile mpmissionscache\[ESL] EVERON WAR_V_2.3.Eden.pbo"

And it displays nothing, but it should cause serveral clients had changed the map in MP-Setup for testing.

Do you have an idea ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"#debug checkfile mpmissionscache\[ESL] EVERON WAR_V_2.3.Eden.pbo<span id='postcolor'>

The problem is the command line interpreter used to parse the line does not recognize [ESL] EVERON WAR_V_2.3.Eden.pbo as a single file name because of spaces used. It checks only the first "argument" mpmissionscache\[ESL] and the rest of the line is ignored.

I suggest you to avoid using spaces in the filenames.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">#debug checkfile mpmissionscache\[ESL] EVERON WAR_V_2.3.Eden.pbo<span id='postcolor'>

A few more comments:

1) this method of checking mission file will fail if the user has an identical copy of the mission placed in MPMissions. In such case mission is not downloaded, and therefore comparing it will fail.

2) it is not easy to cheat by modifing mission file content, as for most purposes server-side version of the .sqm file is used (all units are created and initalized server-side).

How do the other debug commands work? (console, totalSent, userSent, etc.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How do the other debug commands work? (console, totalSent, userSent, etc.)<span id='postcolor'>

You need some debugger capable of catching OutputDebugString running on the client machine (one very small and easy to use is available at SysInternals wb site. You launch this debugger, you launch OFP client, connect to the server, issue any of commands

#debug console

#debug totalSent

#debug userSent <username>

#debug userInfo <username>

#debug userQueue <username>

You can also issue

#debug off

or #debug <interval_in_seconds>

Default interval is 10 seconds.

Each of those commands should show a confirmation in the chat channels.

Mmmmh...

This seems greatly interresting.

Will such debugger also intercept messages sent by the debugLog function?

Whiis'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (whisperFFW06 @ Dec. 06 2002,13:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will such debugger also intercept messages sent by the debugLog function?<span id='postcolor'>

No, it will not. Sorry. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Dec. 06 2002,08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">#debug checkfile mpmissionscache\[ESL] EVERON WAR_V_2.3.Eden.pbo<span id='postcolor'>

A few more comments:

1) this method of checking mission file will fail if the user has an identical copy of the mission placed in MPMissions. In such case mission is not downloaded, and therefore comparing it will fail.

2) it is not easy to cheat by modifing mission file content, as for most purposes server-side version of the .sqm file is used (all units are created and initalized server-side).<span id='postcolor'>

Hi Suma,

no its verry easy to play with a modified version...so cheating with modified maps is currently possible.

I try this with different Maps on different Dedicated Servers..it works with 1.90-1.90 and 1.85-1.90.

Ok, i will try it with other mapnames and without spaces.

Thanks a lot!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ 06 Dec. 2002,11:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How do the other debug commands work? (console, totalSent, userSent, etc.)<span id='postcolor'>

You need some debugger capable of catching OutputDebugString running on the client machine (one very small and easy to use is available at SysInternals wb site. You launch this debugger, you launch OFP client, connect to the server, issue any of commands

#debug console

#debug totalSent

#debug userSent <username>

#debug userInfo <username>

#debug userQueue <username>

You can also issue

#debug off

or #debug <interval_in_seconds>

Default interval is 10 seconds.

Each of those commands should show a confirmation in the chat channels.<span id='postcolor'>

Hi,

i can't figure out how to get this debug-command to work together with debugview. No logs appears in the debugview-window. And there is no confirmation in ofp-chat too, expect "#debug console" (That what i typed).

So can anyone tell me how this will work? crazy.gif

Greetz

Dax

P.S. My System Win2k (as Admin)

Dax, what you do is make sure that in DebugView under Computer tab you are connected to the proper client (probably your own local machine). This should be already done by default, to check press the Computer tab in DebugView and look to see if computerName (local) is selected. Of course if it's not working you may select connect and connect to your computername or IP.

Then, once you are connected to the dedi server with an OFP client from that machine, log in as admin from that OFP session, so that your local user is the admin of the game and also where DebugView is running.

Then once you are logged in try:

#debug 2

#debug console

#debug totalsent

you should have something on screen by now. confused.gif There will be no confirmation in OFP, but every time you type in a #debug timeInterval you sohuld get an immediate debug output in DebugView...

Unfortunately it will not work. The window is still empty. sad.gif

Maybe the DebugView-Program works not correct, any idea how can i check the prog? Maybe with another program which can drop DebugInformation. any Ideas?

I just wrote a tiny application what should output 1 line to DebugView after it ends. (If it doesn't work something is messed with your permissions, I think)

Tiny Exec

Thanks a lot for your help! Your program works fine and it dropped a line in the DebugView-Window. But unfortunately it will not work in OFP. Did you tested the debug-command with your OFP, and dropped it a line? The "#debug checkfile"-command works fine.

Greetz

Dax

Yes I did, I run a Dedicated server on a remote machine (machine B), connect to it with my local machine (Machine A), log in as Admin to the dedicated OFP game (in OFP #login ), run the Viewer on my machine (machine A), and type

#debug 2

#debug console

#debug totalSent

at least when I start up a mission.

Dumps a bunch of lines as the client/server communicate.

Works fine for me, but dunno what I could use for!?

Sure it shows some network relevant things, but I couldn't change them anyway if there's something wrong because I havn't the code of the server executable.

Any other problems were shown up immediatly with a yellow or red cross... So what is it for?

Or is it only for you programmers?