ZeD.oz

Does a public stats API exist ?

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any public stats API, or similar. Even if it is possible to get to an arrangement to be granted an access to a private one. I'm aiming on releasing a public player stats tracking app.

Thank you.

Not sure if you're talking about players' stats or game stats... but there is only the Steam API for some servers stats that is public I may think.
For players' stats, you will need to "scrap" the data yourself from another source(s).

I'm talking about players stats, as seen in the leaderboard. Leaderboard isn't reliable itself for scrapping, as given users ID are regenerated each session or query when not signed in.

4 hours ago, ZeD.oz said:

I'm talking about players stats, as seen in the leaderboard. Leaderboard isn't reliable itself for scrapping, as given users ID are regenerated each session or query when not signed in.

What are you talking about with the user ids? Player uids are unique to each player and would be an easy way to track the user. If you're talking about something like a global stats tracking app then you would need access to server's databases and have them log the data for you. Then you would need access to their database. If you're talking about your own server then this is the same except for just your server.

• Like 1

Player IDs provided by the leaderboard "public API" are somehow obfuscated, they change for each query... surely to prevent scrapping. Still they are unique, from one request to another they change for each user. I need to access to an API to retrieve players stats, global as presented on the leaderboard. BI do have theses stats, either they grant me an access, either i'm screwed =D.

What I would like to achieve :

- Search by username (history of names for each players)

- Performance tracking over time (kpd, captures, etc.)

1 hour ago, ZeD.oz said:

Player IDs provided by the leaderboard "public API" are somehow obfuscated, they change for each query... surely to prevent scrapping. Still they are unique, from one request to another they change for each user. I need to access to an API to retrieve players stats, global as presented on the leaderboard. BI do have theses stats, either they grant me an access, either i'm screwed =D.

What I would like to achieve :

- Search by username (history of names for each players)

- Performance tracking over time (kpd, captures, etc.)

Seems that unfortunately you're right... The User's ID and even the Bohemia's account ID are not "reserved", so they change over time.
I was using that to track some players (cheaters & Team Killers)... in case they change their user name, but seems I was wrong.

There's still ways to achieve a good part of what you want, but this would be somewhat a hard labor.
Like, you scrap everything and put it in your own database... every 4 hours or so,
then if someone's nickname disappear from your old data, you know that he has changed his name,
so you get his old data and find the new player that has the closest data to the player that disappeared.
Sure, this method could compromise the integrity of the data, so if you're not feeling it, you'll have to forget about "name's history".

Not sure if it make sens, but that's an idea.

@EricR

I can't afford to jump on probalilities with this project, it's also a way to promote this game. I make it work properly or not at all... thank you for your input.

@Midnighters

Great contribution, thank you. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone.

No problem,
Other than the name's history, everything is pretty doable though, but still unfriendly a little.

Good luck with your project :)

10 hours ago, ZeD.oz said:

@EricR

I can't afford to jump on probalilities with this project, it's also a way to promote this game. I make it work properly or not at all... thank you for your input.

@Midnighters

Great contribution, thank you. I can see clearly now, the rain is gone.

you're welcome,

I'm used to hearing Eric go on and on about this. That's particularly why I posted.

But, I do hope you end up with a solution indeed.

Is there a way to reach someone at BI ? Without being dumped strait away...

3 hours ago, Midnighters said:

I'm used to hearing Eric go on and on about this. That's particularly why I posted.

You can say what ever you want... At least someone gives answers sometimes and some people appreciate that.
So I don't care what you think.

2 hours ago, ZeD.oz said:

Is there a way to reach someone at BI ? Without being dumped strait away...

Since ITokyYourCookie left project Argo... it's not the same.
But I guess that Midnighters could help you... 4 years in the BI forums... he should know everyone
by his name I presume and being able to guide you better than me for that part.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Damn it's a bit disapointing anyway.