Macser

A little help identifying animations.

Ok. I'm posting this here, as most of you have some experience. So at least I know it's more likely you'd have the skills needed . And it's relative to OFP.

I'm still converting animations from A2 to be used in OFP for a couple of projects. But it's fairly time consuming identifying which ones are suitable equivalents. Then finding the move values. Making "corrections" and finally exporting. My time is being divided between this and creating assets. So it's going very slowly.

If anyone feels like lending a hand, just identifying the relevant class names would make a difference.

For example, the classname for combat walk or throw grenade, in OFP and the equivalent classname in A2. That kind of thing. I'll be continuing anyway. But it would help.

Thanks.. :smile_o:

Affirmative sir.  

Ownership of the game at least. But  it wouldn't require any  ninja level modding skills though.

There's an animation viewer over on armaholic .I'd been using it up until my hardware decided to say goodbye. I haven't completely sorted out the aftermath. So A2 isn't installed yet. I'll get around to it myself, once I have some more assets done. But identifying suitable replacements can be time consuming.

I'm not expecting anything. But I decided to take a shot and post about it.

Allright. I do own A2 on Gaben's little moneymaker, but never installed it. This may be a good occasion to finally check it out.

Anything you can do would be appreciated. Even a small block. Like say the prone anims . Just the class names would take a little weight off. 

OK, so just for the sake of clarity: what you would want is a list of movements/poses/anims which are in OFP and A2, with classnames to specific anims in both games, yes? Imagine a spreadsheet/table with three columns: Anim name, OFP classname, A2 classname. Something like that?

Yes. That's exactly what I'm after. I don't expect you or anyone else to go further than you're interested in doing though. It's not the most exciting of tasks.

Example:

AmovPercMrunSrasWrflDf in A2 would be the equivalent of CombatrunF.

That's running in combat mode, with a rifle in the raised position. There's a bit more info, if you're interested.

I don't know if anyone cares, but the reason I'm not just doing a straight conversion is simple. For the Star wars project,the snowtrooper obviously has that "skirting". Weighting it to the legs is not something I like the look of. The clipping is uncontrollable and just looks awful. So I'm adding bones for that specifically, and animating them. I'm doing this instead of creating a separate set of anims. This obviously has to be done for each individual animation. Visually it's worth the effort.

Got Arma, still have some RL stuff, but I hope, I'll dig into it next week. Starting with prone anims, and I'll see how far I could induldge in the animations insanity!

Some people from flashpoint.ru forum was worked on this. 

There must be bones and T-pose in models to A2anims work. So you need a new base model OR you should insert a bones or redefine selections for common OFP models to work. Also there was a conversation about to "translate" A2 anims into ofp.rtm's with the special software, but it seems to be a hard way to achieve.

BTW there are slightly more animation phases in new anims so it can slow down the game.

Hey. Never spotted your reply until now. :smile_o:

I have all the necessary tools and resources to get the job done. It's not only possible, it's not very hard. You just need two rigs. One of which your OFP models are bound to. The other to import the A2 anims.

Cdp6pDY.jpg

It's possible you would get some slow down with a lot of units on screen. But that's likely anyway where you have a large number of AI on a map. I've considered scaling the animations down. But I've enough to do just getting them ready without an extra step.

It's mostly about time and motivation.

• Thanks 1

In case anyone is interested, I've progressed this project with help from Nerv. He'd already ported many of the A2 anims and made them compatible with OFP. I've made a lot of tweaks and even added some of my own animations. And thanks to Faguss too. His coding skills made a particular part of the work go much faster.

Long story short, it's sorted.

• Like 1