Crielaard

Lowlands Warrior - Enhanced PiP Viewdistance

Hereby the Lowlands Warrior team presents you the standalone PiP enhanced Viewdistance mod!

It has been a long missing feature, especially to the Arma3 pilots to be able to see far out with their PiP sensors. Also mission makers sometimes couldn't get the effect they wanted with projected UAV view.

This mod allows you to extend your PiP viewdistance up to 12000 meters. As we keep testing this our selves we may update it to high levels if no crashing related to these settings present them selves.

So far, with the highest settings on a moderate gaming computer, no noticeable difference was noticed by the users. Neither on a several dedicated server

Have fun!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_-piV9kDMLFscVtJa8MLKlNf4r_Buirt

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Would it be possible to increase also the object view distance? Asking becouse that would be cool for pilots as they could see the tanks with pip

pip Object viewdistance is linked to your actual object viewdistance.

or did I mis something? 

Holy crap, this.. this is insane. I only dreamed of this being possible in a mod. I achieved this using a cheat engine but figured that would be the end of it. Awesome!

I don't know why bohemia hasn't implimented these changes as they run stable even at 12km let alone 1.5 km? This mod will be essential when we get the new tank interiors!

• Haha 1

On 4.02.2018 at 11:12 PM, Crielaard said:

pip Object viewdistance is linked to your actual object viewdistance.

or did I mis something? 

My bad, this is amazing

very nice, great work! If it was possible to uncouple the pip viewdistance from your own viewdistance setthings this stuff would be insane. You could keep your infantry viewdistance at a nice performance friendly 5000/2500, but increase it for air vehicles to 12k/12k and receive a perfectly clear UAV pip looking way out into the distance without impacting your direct infantry performance. You think this might be possible down the line?

But its really great: you can track your own vehicle driving with a drone that is locked onto your vehicle and have that display in the pip drone AV camera...great stuff!

• Like 1

Great! Uncoupling the viewdistance is a real advantage.That will make this a essential mod.This needs to be as expanded as possible.For gameplay`s sake.Keep it up.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_-piV9kDMLFscVtJa8MLKlNf4r_Buirt

Download link updated.

Fixed:

Minor compatibility issue with Ace & RHS.

10 hours ago, xon2 said:

very nice, great work! If it was possible to uncouple the pip viewdistance from your own viewdistance setthings this stuff would be insane. You could keep your infantry viewdistance at a nice performance friendly 5000/2500, but increase it for air vehicles to 12k/12k and receive a perfectly clear UAV pip looking way out into the distance without impacting your direct infantry performance. You think this might be possible down the line?

But its really great: you can track your own vehicle driving with a drone that is locked onto your vehicle and have that display in the pip drone AV camera...great stuff!

1 hour ago, john1 said:

Great! Uncoupling the viewdistance is a real advantage.That will make this a essential mod.This needs to be as expanded as possible.For gameplay`s sake.Keep it up.

Use ACE Viewdistance to be able to decouple Air from Ground viewdistance.

If you don't want to use all of ace features, you can just stick to ACE_common.pbo and ACE_Viewdistance.pbo and you're good.

have fun!

hrm, i use CHVW for viewdistance stuff wich decouples infantry, car and air repsectively. But with the uav/drone example, if you set air viewdistance to 12k/12k and actually look through the uavs turret, everything is fine and dandy. But when you release that uav turret and go back to your normal infantry view (which often is quite lower, mine usually is 5000/2500), these latter view distance settings are applied for the PIP feed from the uav-turret. Would be nice if that would stay 12k/12k for the PIP window only.

• Like 1

ah yes ofcourse. 

No way that I know of. Because that seems hardcoded. 

Can someone explain how to use this because I cant see any options or settings to use it and when I go into Laser cameras in planes etc (PIP) no difference

Yeh I think I am missing something cause under video settings I have PIP but only ultra high etc not actual view distance

Edit: Apologies, I am an idiot, I wasn't scrolling down any further than ultra

Hey, OP. How did you discover this variable in the game? I don't suppose you found anything relating to max rtt/pip resolution and it being at 512x512?  I'm looking into making some PIP sniper scopes, I guessing there may be a hard coded game limit as whenever I set the texture resolution in the P3d for the rtt lens above 512 to e.g. 1024x1024, I get this stretching on 3 quarters of the display, if I set it to 2048x2048 the stretching fills 7/8ths of the screen? You can see a tentelisingt glimpse of the section being rendered at screen resolution in pip, it'd be amazing to have the full view working D:

DzEJpZC.jpg

• Like 1

I think I am still missing something. I have pip set at 12000 but the lasers on planes or helis etc still only let me zoom to about 1000 / 1500. Is there something else I am supposed to do

Edit: The view distance set in mission for objects etc is 3000. 

21 hours ago, Rockapes said:

I think I am still missing something. I have pip set at 12000 but the lasers on planes or helis etc still only let me zoom to about 1000 / 1500. Is there something else I am supposed to do

Edit: The view distance set in mission for objects etc is 3000. 

Are you running any mods beside this one? First impression is you are running ACE3 with aircraft viewdistance set to 1500ish. 

@pingopete

Not aware of any limitation. Ill see if I run into something. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crielaard said:

Are you running any mods beside this one? First impression is you are running ACE3 with aircraft viewdistance set to 1500ish. 

@pingopete

Not aware of any limitation. Ill see if I run into something. 

No ACE mods at all. I have set the aircraft view to 9000 in game but still only gives me a few thousand km in pip. Is this mod supposed to work with any plane or heli? Ive only tested Firewills mainly as they are the ones I tend to use. I am running a mod for the A10 targeting, myabe its interfering. I will have to remove it for a test also  

Thanks for the feedback

Vanilla only has 1 setting "View distance". (and object drawdistance)

"Aircraft viewdistance" is something from a mod.

1 hour ago, Crielaard said:

Vanilla only has 1 setting "View distance". (and object drawdistance)

"Aircraft viewdistance" is something from a mod.

Oh, Ok. Well the missions tend to use either CHVDs view script or Tonics View script ( the ones I mainly play ). Does that mean they somehow overwrite the Pip settings in game menu?. I honestly thought the PIP settings overrode / only affected the Targeting cameras etc. I'm thinking I have misunderstood how all this works. Sorry

The mod works by ALLOWING a viewdistance as far as the settings go. PiP view distance is always as far as your currently active view- and object drawdistance. 

1 minute ago, Crielaard said:

The mod works by ALLOWING a viewdistance as far as the settings go. PiP view distance is always as far as your currently active view- and object drawdistance. 

Ok, cheers, I will have a play and see how it goes, thanks

Finally had time to test this addon and all I can say is...

It's awesome, thanks for making and sharing!

Will not be able to play without this one combined with CHVD's view distance addon :)

• Like 1

Just a little sidenote: in the config.bin the 'class CfgPatches' contains 'rhs_main' as the mods description. This seems to trip ACE 3 into assuming that you have rhs mod pbos loaded and throws an ''ACE requires rhs compatibility pbo'' error at you. Its not a big deal and pops up only in the left lower conrner of arma's main menu not requiring to click that error message away. Changing 'rhs_main' to something else resolves that little error message. If i may humbly suggest; if you ever update this superb mod, maybe you alter the mod description so ACE won't be tripped :)

you are using an old version when we accidentally had that line in.