Drift_91

hideObjectGlobal not working on certain terrain objects

I'm trying to use hideObjectGlobal on certain terrain objects, objects being some bushes, trees and a rusty old fuel truck wreck at the Altis International Airport. I know it's possible because I've done it before. I've been pulling my hair out for the past couple of hours trying to find the thread where I found the solution. I remember it being something to do with the objects being "baked" into the terrain for performance reasons. But I can't remember how to disable this or what exactly this mesh baking process is called in Arma. Anyone know anything about this that can help me?

@HazJI'm already doing so. I guess I should have posted the script I'm using.

_ClearArea1A = "clearArea_2","clearArea_3","clearArea_4","clearArea_5","clearArea_6";
_ClearArea1B = "clearArea_1";

if (isServer) then {
{hideObjectGlobal _x;} forEach nearestTerrainObjects [(getMarkerPos _ClearArea1A),[],(getMarkerSize _ClearArea1A)select 0,false];
{hideObjectGlobal _x;} forEach nearestTerrainObjects [(getMarkerPos _ClearArea1B),["HIDE"],(getMarkerSize _ClearArea1B)select 0,false];
};

_markersToDelete2=["clearArea_1","clearArea_2","clearArea_3","clearArea_4","clearArea_5","clearArea_6"];
{deleteMarker _x;} forEach _markersToDelete2;

"clearArea_#" are the names of several markers I've placed down. For some reason certain objects aren't being removed by 2 through 6. I recall there being an issue with certain objects being baked into the terrain's mesh to boost performance and you have to disable that function to remove the objects. I can't for the life of me remember what the command was to turn it off and can't find it in any of my archived missions I remember using it in.

Edit:

Script is executed via nul = execVM "markerScripts.sqf"; in init.sqf

Here's the full markerScripts.sqf just in case.

Spoiler

_invincibleArea1 = "invincibleArea_1";
_invincibleObjects1 = nearestTerrainObjects [(getMarkerPos _invincibleArea1),[],(getMarkerSize _invincibleArea1)select 0,false];

{_x allowDamage false;} forEach _invincibleobjects1;

_markersToDelete1=["invincibleArea_1"];
{deleteMarker _x;} forEach _markersToDelete1;

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

_ClearArea1A = "clearArea_2","clearArea_3","clearArea_4","clearArea_5","clearArea_6";
_ClearArea1B = "clearArea_1";

if (isServer) then {
{hideObjectGlobal _x;} forEach nearestTerrainObjects [(getMarkerPos _ClearArea1A),[],(getMarkerSize _ClearArea1A)select 0,false];
{hideObjectGlobal _x;} forEach nearestTerrainObjects [(getMarkerPos _ClearArea1B),["HIDE"],(getMarkerSize _ClearArea1B)select 0,false];
};

_markersToDelete2=["clearArea_1","clearArea_2","clearArea_3","clearArea_4","clearArea_5","clearArea_6"];
{deleteMarker _x;} forEach _markersToDelete2;

Edited by Drift_91

@Drift_91 - Which objects aren't hiding and where about are they on the map? Altis/Stratis/etc?

22 minutes ago, HazJ said:

@Drift_91 - Which objects aren't hiding and where about are they on the map? Altis/Stratis/etc?

I mistakenly thought that only certain items weren't being removed. The markers aren't removing anything at all actually. "clearArea_1" works fine at removing a knocked over trash bin and some trash piles without touching the 3 barracks buildings in between.

I'm trying to remove some bushes, trees, rocks and a rusty fuel truck wreck in the middle of the field at the end of the runways at Altis International Airport. I've got a base set up at the 3 barracks on the North East end of the military base/airport combo. The area I'm trying to clear is the field South East of the road that runs from the 3 barracks South West to the two hangers. Hope that's descriptive enough.

Now that I realize it's not just select items not being removed I'm suspecting it's likely that my script isn't correct. Maybe it doesn't like that I'm defining multiple strings or something.

Edit:

Here's a screenshot of the area:

Spoiler

12uHu3f.jpg

Once I get it working I'm probably going to add more markers North West of the road to remove the trees and make some sort of heliport or maybe a shoothouse. The whole reason I want to clear all the crap out is to make a shooting range down the South East part.

Edited by Drift_91

Ah yes. Look:

// Should be:
_ClearArea1A = ["clearArea_2", "clearArea_3", "clearArea_4", "clearArea_5", "clearArea_6"];

// Should be:
{
	hideObjectGlobal _x;
} forEach nearestTerrainObjects [(getMarkerPos _ClearArea1A select 0), [], (getMarkerSize _ClearArea1A select 0)];
// This will only use the first marker, I would just use one big marker...

Try this:

private _area = "areaMkr";

{
	_x allowDamage false;
	hideObjectGlobal _x;
} forEach nearestTerrainObjects [(getMarkerPos _area), [], 200, false];

deleteMarker _area;