Sign in to follow this  
panicsferd

Make a movable trigger? A trigger that moves with a unit that is in motion?

I am not sure how to word this correctly, but I on a mission I am working on I have it where the player is in a aircraft and is tasked with destroying a convoy and I would want to have it where when the player strikes first, or is spotted by the convoy... the convoy would say call in an aircraft to help defend them.

I would call this aircraft in via a trigger, but because the convoy is on the move it is hard to use a trigger, so I am wondering if there is a way to make a trigger that moves along with a target so I can maybe easily have it be where when the convoy sees the player in his aircraft it will then trigger and then trigger the aircraft reinforcements?

Or will I have to do some other type scripting to get the results that I want?

Not sure if you can't just simply use AttachTo to keep the trigger on the convoy... in worst case you can write a loop that moves the trigger with the convoy, e.g.

while { true } do {
 trigger1 setPos (getPos convoy1);
 sleep 1;
};

Something like that.

There's plenty of other scripted solutions as well, though.

• Like 1

Or this one maybe as a condition:

nameofplayer distance nameofconvoy > 500;

Since if the player comes close the convoy should by all means see him.

If it is sufficient that you only do the triggering from a single vehicle that belongs to the convoy then:

• create a trigger and enter a Variable Name, for this example we use airSupportTrigger
  • select one of the vehicles in the convoy and enter a Variable Name for that vehicle, for this example we use convoyVehicle

Then in the convoyVehicle's Init field type:

airSupportTrigger attachTo [convoyVehicle,[0,0,0]];

Now when the mission begins the trigger will be attached to the vehicle and will move "with" the vehicle anywhere it happens to drive.

• Like 1