Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

What would a real soldier do

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (arkadeyevich @ Dec. 06 2002,09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you think thermal imaging is some sort of magick see-through device?<span id='postcolor'>

Thermal Image can see thru walls and bricks.Firefighters are using them to, to help them see thru things, to help them see human bodies.

But I guess a sniper wont just sit in the next bush. Dont forget that in Iraq snipers worked up to 1600 metres distance. Do realy think a thermal detector will show you a clear image of a sniper at that distance? I guess not!

A real soldier would walk around that village... You know, there's a reason why the local people call that town Sniper Town.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Dec. 06 2002,18wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But I guess a sniper wont just sit in the next bush. Dont forget that in Iraq snipers worked up to 1600 metres distance. Do realy think a thermal detector will show you a clear image of a sniper at that distance? I guess not!<span id='postcolor'>

I thought we are talking about Medal of Honor, where the snipers are somewhat in front of you.Not Iraq snipers who are 1600m tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thermal Image can see thru walls and bricks.<span id='postcolor'>

Really? I thought you could only see through smoke and that sort of stuff. I saw something about the landwarrior project on tv and I believe those guys had TI too. They scanned a couple of houses and I couldn't see somebody through it.

Except for one guy who was sticking his head out of the window, but that's all that you could see of him.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Dec. 06 2002,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thermal Image can see thru walls and bricks.<span id='postcolor'>

Really? I thought you could only see through smoke and that sort of stuff. I saw something about the landwarrior project on tv and I believe those guys had TI too. They scanned a couple of houses and I couldn't see somebody through it.

Except for one guy who was sticking his head out of the window, but that's all that you could see of him.<span id='postcolor'>

Yup, you can see thru walls.I remeber watching it on TV about firefighters, and they where talking about the next generation of Thermal imaging, which will enable them to see thru walls.They even did a demonstration.

Do you know why we build walls? To keep the heat in and the cold out. Do you know what thermal imaging devices detect?

Go figure...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NurEinMensch @ Dec. 07 2002,00:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you know why we build walls? To keep the heat in and the cold out. Do you know what thermal imaging devices detect?

Go figure...<span id='postcolor'>

Then would you like to explain how these firefighters where able to see a human body thru a brick wall?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ Dec. 07 2002,01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NurEinMensch @ Dec. 07 2002,00:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you know why we build walls? To keep the heat in and the cold out. Do you know what thermal imaging devices detect?

Go figure...<span id='postcolor'>

Then would you like to explain how these firefighters where able to see a human body thru a brick wall?<span id='postcolor'>

You first. smile.gif

Yep.

But they works ( well ) but under many very restrictive conditions from the type of wall, differents heats levels only, and short ranges etc etc and are more sensible that what's actually possible for military use.

Guess military/ law enforcement searched for that, but actually no any viable system available even for restricted and particular situations, too sensible, unreliable exploitation.

Surf here to have global idea and images of what the commonly available ( and not only the badest ) systems offers

http://www.x20.org/

Better systems with pictures in action - a bit old and very very commercial wink.gif )

http://www.flir.com/

Military fine product from same company :

http://www.flir.com/ground/products/SnipIR/

Thermal imaging??? Iraqi snipers?confused.gif? Why dont you just invent the atomic bomb and clear the village?confused.gif?confused.gif

lol the only thing you have in that mission is your rifle some grenades and 3 other men who are the tank crew i think. I think he meant what you could do IN game???

Ahhh well maybe not lol tounge.gif

Well the name of the thread is 'what would a real soldier do' and is based on what would a real soldier do if they found themslelves in a village/town/city were there were lots of snipers.

Well actually I got the idea of this thread from the game, but I really wanted to know what a real soldier would do in real life. The game is just a frame of reference, but still unrelated to the thread.

In the game, I just quickly moved between cover and snuck up on the snipers by entering their buildings, or using vantage points or angles that they didn't expect me to come from.

It felt alot like that sniper scene in Full Metal Jacket. You couln't see the sniper, you used your cover to sneak up on the spot where the gunshots were coming from.

This game is really cool! Really well done! I just wished that the health/damage system was more realistic. It is with the sniper rifle and the silenced pistol, but not with any other gun.

Anyways, the indoor firefights are the best. Some of the best outdoor battles were where you had the BAR rifle and were looking for that 6 barreled rocket launcher with your soldier friends.

Now I'm on the mission where we attack the bioweapons facility from the train and free any POWs. DON'T tell me what happens or anything. Just tell me, am I getting close to the end of the game? I hope not. If so, I gotta go buy another game before this one ends.

Ok, i did a search on google, and it brings up about 300 some pages on this stuff, but but i got lazy trying to find a picture, so ill post this

http://wiscassetnewspaper.maine.com/2001-04-12/wiscasset_issues.html

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The department is raising $16,000 for the camera, which enables firefighters to "see" through walls to find the sources of fire, and a monitor for $10,000.

"It could take another six months or a year, but we'll keep moving forward," Merry said.

<span id='postcolor'>

third paragraph,and it is dated Apr 12, 2001 .I'll search around more, like Modern Marvels.I think i remeber seeing it on that channel, or the History channel.(Modern Marvels is a program on Hist channel)

I also forgot, but now that i remeber, they where standing about 6 ft. away from the brick wall, so i guess you have to be fairley close to the wall to see a human on the other side of the wall.

Not more then 12 ft.So iguess it wouldnt work for seeing snipers that are farther then that.

But i saw it on TV, where a firefighter was just pointing it at a brick wall, and it showed a guy stading behind the wall.On either Discovery, or History channels program, Modern Marvels.But this was a long time ago, maybe about 9 months ago.

But it was a like a pistol looking thing, with a TV display on it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Dec. 07 2002,04:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well the name of the thread is 'what would a real soldier do' and is based on what would a real soldier do if they found themslelves in a village/town/city were there were lots of snipers.<span id='postcolor'>

oh well, sorry thought you were talking about ww2 soldiers or something...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ Dec. 07 2002,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, i did a search on google, and it brings up about 300 some pages on this stuff, but but i got lazy trying to find a picture, so ill post this

http://wiscassetnewspaper.maine.com/2001-04-12/wiscasset_issues.html

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The department is raising $16,000 for the camera, which enables firefighters to "see" through walls to find the sources of fire, and a monitor for $10,000.

"It could take another six months or a year, but we'll keep moving forward," Merry said.

<span id='postcolor'>

third paragraph,and it is dated Apr 12, 2001 .I'll search around more, like Modern Marvels.I think i remeber seeing it on that channel, or the History channel.(Modern Marvels is a program on Hist channel)<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, I think seeing a 800°C hot fire through a wall is something differnt than seeing a person through it.

Yeah, how are they supposed to see a persons heat when there is a blazing fire all around? I'd think EVERYTHING would be hot.

Anyways, in MOH, I am up to the stage where we attack the bioweapons facility and free any POWs. How close am I to the end of the game? I hope not too close. I will need to buy another game before I end this one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyways, in MOH, I am up to the stage where we attack the bioweapons facility and free any POWs.  How close am I to the end of the game?   I hope not too close.  I will need to buy another game before I end this one.<span id='postcolor'> thats the last level after that your done. don't waste your money on the expansion. at least wait a while till they drop the price on it.