Lenyoga

Pilot-operated fixed-wing aircraft turrets

Too many hyphens in the title for my taste, but let's try this anyway. I'm trying to have a plane armed with a CannonCore based weapon with multiple tracers (this is a secondary issue since it might be solved with a bit of scripting) use a turret that is operated by the pilot. The goal is to make AI and players able to land a few hits without lining up for the perfect shot and never taking it and making me scream in frustration. I had something like this (YouTube) in mind.

cannon based weapons (ammo with simulation=shotshell) can not use multiple tracer origins. Regular guns (ammo with simulation=shotBullet) work for this without problem (check setup of AA tanks)

I would suggest to make a 2-person ship, with the turret beeing operated by hidden AI always (maybe drone functionality can be used for this). By script you might be able to force it to target something and open fire with a burst.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, x3kj said:

cannon based weapons (ammo with simulation=shotshell) can not use multiple tracer origins. Regular guns (ammo with simulation=shotBullet) work for this without problem (check setup of AA tanks)

I would suggest to make a 2-person ship, with the turret beeing operated by hidden AI always (maybe drone functionality can be used for this). By script you might be able to force it to target something and open fire with a burst.

Thank you! Two birds with one comment.

• Like 1