bl2ck dog

[SP/MP/COOP] B2 Ravage Malden [Persistent Survival Game Mode]

Hi, sure, you can send it to me. And I will have a look, but that might not happen before the upcoming weekend because work is keeping me quite busy. Also I'm not the most experienced coder with SQF and/or databases, but I guess I could check my old mission, which was mostly a fork of the unofficial DUWS. I think my adaption is still somewhere here in the forums. I once planned to rewrite it entirely but then real-life came back in a hard way.. :) However, I remember that I've tweaked some saving mechanics to include several stuff into the savegame, like side-missions progress, etc. Maybe there is something that could help. And I'd have to get back to SQF by reading some code, because it's been a longer time now since I've learned and used it. So, just send it my way and we will see how it goes.

It would be much better to have captured territories in the savegame.. must be pretty annyoing to start over on each restart..

• Thanks 2

I just found this mod for my brother and my friend and it is EXACTLY what were are looking for !! ANY work to improve and have have multiple re spawn areas would be greatly appreciated by us!

Thanks

Hey, guys. It's so cool to see that you managing to keep this project alive! Keep up the good work!

Btw, do you still see screenshots in first post in this thread? Hosting been acting weird lately.

• Like 1

I can see the screenshots.

Btw: If you're still on this project, it would be maybe better to do something together some time?

Any advice on how to get xpReward to work for player killing ai, seems to be broken or a script is not working properly, just cant figure out which one

Guys, I'm back in action. Got the Steam mod collection and Ravage Server up and running with new, updated, ultra-hardcore mission. ))

Details in the first post.

• Like 5

On 11/15/2018 at 11:07 AM, Dylan Monroe Guion said:

I just found this mod for my brother and my friend and it is EXACTLY what were are looking for !! ANY work to improve and have have multiple re spawn areas would be greatly appreciated by us!

Thanks

There are two other Survivor Hubs (you just need to find them) as well as multiple Fast Travel locations.

On 11/16/2018 at 8:32 AM, Godis_1 said:

If you're still on this project, it would be maybe better to do something together some time?

Man, I'm on it, PM me or just drop in Teamspeak.

On 11/23/2018 at 7:51 AM, Sean Rano said:

Any advice on how to get xpReward to work for player killing ai, seems to be broken or a script is not working properly, just cant figure out which one

I'll take a look.

Big news today.

1) ANOMALY FIELDS

From now on, they are not just minor obstacles, but significant "game-changers". This fields spread all around the map, sometimes covering major parts of towns and present extreme threat to any explorers.

To map anomaly field for other players you'll need to find it's middle, just remember to keep you gas mask on all the time - otherwise you won't last five minutes.

2) PERSISTENCE

Since version 1.41 overall exploration progress is now also persistent. It means that not only your loadout, vehicle and experience saved, but also any explored and cleared bandit camps, exploration locations, harbors, mapped anomaly fields and survivor hubs will keep it's status after mission restart! This works both for local and dedicated server. If you ever need to restart the mission from scratch, change "#define RESET false" to "true" in scripts\LAR_persistentTriggers.sqf, launch the mission and then set it back to "false" to keep progress recorded.

Plus there are few minor scripts added:

• Fuel Script (will greatly increase fuel consumption and makes fuel matter again, driving carefully will reduce the consumption + "ravaged" look to the vehicles )
  • Dust Sickness Script (player character must wear dust protection mask all the time, otherwise he will be coughing badly)
  • Mag Replacement Script (swaps RHS mags to a single variant, so you won't have 10 incompatible mags all the time)

And some bad news: current player progress was wiped from the server to implement new persistence system. Sorry about that, but that was necessary.

It might be good opportunity to jump in and start over, while biggest part of the island is yet to be explored.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm back after some time of heavy work.. Just tested the recent version, and it's great news that everything is now being saved!! Good work!! Unfortunately I'm struggling a bit with performance, which might be related to the script load. Might need some optimization here and there. The overall performance is okay so far - after the init process, but still a little bit too heavy on load. WIll get back to you via PM when I have a look.

49 minutes ago, Godis_1 said:

I'm back after some time of heavy work.. Just tested the recent version, and it's great news that everything is now being saved!! Good work!! Unfortunately I'm struggling a bit with performance, which might be related to the script load. Might need some optimization here and there. The overall performance is okay so far - after the init process, but still a little bit too heavy on load. WIll get back to you via PM when I have a look.

You're right, it's very heavy on the load, but somehow works pretty fine after init. There are some pretty big delays added to "play it safe" and get everything to load correctly I.e. preplaced survivors init 2 minutes after mission launch. Plus there are 80 "anomaly fields", each spawns 50 anomalies - THB, I'm shocked that mission even works at all ))) Last time I've checked server had more then 10.000 objects, yet was still running at 35-40 fps.

21 hours ago, bl2ck dog said:

You're right, it's very heavy on the load, but somehow works pretty fine after init. There are some pretty big delays added to "play it safe" and get everything to load correctly I.e. preplaced survivors init 2 minutes after mission launch. Plus there are 80 "anomaly fields", each spawns 50 anomalies - THB, I'm shocked that mission even works at all ))) Last time I've checked server had more then 10.000 objects, yet was still running at 35-40 fps.

Whuut?? xD

Maybe you should mention that in the description.. :-P

But there are many ways to optimize that. As for several objects, AI and zones, it could be an effective way to let them spawn dynamically around the player in a certain radius, and cache the important ones, when player moves off. For example things like anomalies, etc. could be limited around a certain distance, or overall stuff that isn't needed on a static location, should be spawn, despawned, maybe cached and held thqt way to decrease total load. Also code optimization overall increases performance a lot, if done well. I'm not a pro with SQF, but I got some basic knowledge about that stuff. Maybe you're much more skilled with it, so you might know better than me. Haven't checked the scripts in depth yet.

1 hour ago, Valken said:

I'mma logging in shortly! :D

Jump on TS, we're heading out too.

Hope u all are still on; I come into TS as well now!

Spent some time optimizing code, FPS should be better now.

Cleared bandit camps is now re-activated after server restart and could be cleared again.

Actual bandits will spawn only after players gets close to the marker.

New players will now start with basic kit (M590 Shotgun).

Thanks to @tourist, some new  features added:

1) Weapon Jamming (dzn Extended Jamming) - harsh conditions and lack of maintenance made all weapons prone to jamming. Different types of weapons more likely to experience certain kind of problems: AKs are more likely to have feed failures due to old magazine springs and dud rounds due to their age, while M4/M16 are generally more prone to jamming and more likely to have chamber, ejection or extraction failures due to gas-operated mechanism. Generally newer weapons are less likely to jam then the older ones. Default key to open Inspect Weapon Menu is CTRL+R.

2) Headlamps (MrSanchez's Headlamps) - just small two headlamps, very useful to navigate in the darkness, search bodies, etc. Added to drop from enemies, shops, so you could actually buy and sell them. Default headlamp key is SHIFT+N.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can only recommend the mission to every RAVAGER out there - we had a great time last weekend on @bl2ck dog 's server!  :icon_dj:

After we finally had found, repaired & safely RTB'ed a second vehicle, I for myself felt a sense of achievement.:thumb_down::hyper: 

I do like the balancing of the mission very much!  And of course the tasks and the persistence! Spot on, mate! :rthumb:

And :thanx: for implemeting my suggestions for the modline! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Had some time to mess about on the mission. Defo recommend checking it out. Also the guys on server were very helpful. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 9:46 PM, bl2ck dog said:

Credits
haleks - amazing Ravage Mod
hoverguy - Weapon Shop, Garage and Experience Systems
aliascartoons - Dust Storm Script
and all the mod-makers

Hello there bl2ck dog ,

i noticed that you have include my GF Crashsites Script , which is actually an outdated version as well

The previous version GF Crashsite Script , is now stopped and this will be the working edit :

I'm pretty sure that you didn't credit me properly , because you might added this script later and

you should credit the other authors as well.

I have also send you an invitation , for our BI Ravage Club Forum !

Nice mission  !

Keep up the Good work !  :thumbs-up:

Thanks !

Good mission, only one suggestion: you can place radiation safe zone at least on innitial base.

On 11/14/2018 at 9:13 AM, LSValmont said:

Hello Godis! I am glad that you are liking it. I actually completely rewrote most scripts yesterday and will be releasing a new version that runs almost twice as fast. My FPS went from 50 to 70! 

Anyways, the mission currently saves your current location, money, rank, experience, gear, vehicles and anything you store in your vehicles.

If you are talking about saving your progress in capturing territories and/or dead npcs then no, I haven't done anything about that and TBH I am not that good at persistance and databases so if you could help with that it would be awesome!

I am currently done with the system that lets players choose a faction (Survivors, Raiders or the Military). And the mission should also save your current faction because right now if you exit the game and come back you will be survivor again and you have to repeat the process to join your faction. I can send you the latest mission version if you want?

hello, I tried to run your mission using the informed mods, however it accuses several vehicle errors and it can't start.

can you help me LSValmont

Sorry, guys, I'm currently taking break from Arma, this project is frozen for now. I'll let you know when I get back to it.

• Sad 1