bl2ck dog

[SP/MP/COOP] B2 Ravage Malden [Persistent Survival Game Mode]

Greetings, everyone.

Here to present my vision of Ravage mission and my server that running it.

B2 Ravage Malden

Ck5WSPcfE1ckgxlV3Mbwin9BRClYuX0v5TYqUJ5f

Files

Story

Few years have passed since the beginning of The White Plague. World lies in ruins...

Remaining shards of humanity sheltered in barricaded fortresses, desperately trying to survive.

Everything is hostile outside this walls. You are one of The Pathfinders. Your mission is quite "simple": rediscover the World.

Description

You playing as a Pathfinder of a Survivor community rather then lone survivor.
World outside is extremely deadly - you'll have to team-up if you want to survive long enough.
Gameplay is focused on teamwork, combat action and exploration.
Mission is balanced for 2-4 player teams, but will also work in SP-mode.

Features

• Dynamically spawned enemies - bandits, renegades and zombies
  • Hardcore survival with effects of hunger, thirst, radiation, injuries, virus and dust sickness
  • Multiple survivor Hubs with NPC characters
  • Realistic modern weapons, gear and vehicles
  • Realistic hardcore firefights including suppression and weapon jamming
  • Recruitable AI companions (can be revived and will revive player)
  • Experience and Level Systems
  • Weapon/Gear Shop and Garage Systems
  • Persistence System
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-like Anomalies
  • Post-Apocalyptic Weather (including dust storms and tornadoes)
  • The Zone - area affected by virus with lots of zombies, anomalies and extremely dangerous drone guardians
  • Rumors says somewhere inside The Zone there's a functioning mobile nuclear reactor, which will fulfill power requirements of what's left from humanity virtually forever

Screenshots

0uLQBMEb6cxHXPDlkDE43i2ZanaC8MeltY8nP8QB
qU5NwyoDZCpKdK3Qxygu143dFX0L4ZDdebtncuB2

MePlPdjsQe0hMqlwsX8REctkvdMrD62pM0n5M8Yp

1VdooCNp4kpbgQ3klPuoZ9A-Nq07oX3KrgXZsv_g

hVBLjagcxtCBnSR5aBtnj93F9RUSusRX021NaiGm

VrExE3DuIlZ4pV_IO4-F10BoLT578Gdp3IA0XgPs

m0l7v97171_1HbXdkWvKlWpVNvJRqmcYoFXoqkg4

mDG9hnaJ62L2O4WlYuykMd7OoifkzGEeiRZqO7q8

welZoQUWiG_hBqOpJq_ckk_LKN78YVcXz6x9xifN

R1CLEHwbf9POqbQ-hUiPOiUY3BP1N-0-c8OIlVvU

-cevOJcYTR9kRApNv31jKB8-_OBfnnwthKwv26Aq

fzZxRnsYh9MCe76x82FcAR-aYerhd6H5e5gqFALl

P-1kporoEnY3OHDME2NhIV5thQ8uoPFf1lby2648

PrSZ4d-mttb_SuEKbI7bJQvrcXqvHk-cH1137-c3
ii_vGqiFfVziMCY1f1iGSuJRmOvp0jN_enV3Az-P

HlcKCji_Moa3XGPzH_I-Zst-A2dT2ow46zvcUiGg

TeevRBbjmQrJZQ4T9FXI-5Cznmrkkmnju6RLkWFD

4hdPVdikLh4lyX3ZkV6oebmAHrfYzi9CvZYssw6N

0RSVyuCmhqOPPPwELGLf3vjBxvs7FYAXm45yAmkc

Credits
haleks - amazing Ravage Mod
hoverguy - Weapon Shop, Garage and Experience Systems
aliascartoons - Dust Storm Script

EO - multiple scripts and scripting hints

tourist - performance and mod advises

GEORGE FLOROS GR - Helicopter Crashsite script and overall support of Ravage community
and all the mod-makers

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yup, thanks, my bad. Added link to mission .pbo right after intro picture.

• Thanks 1

@bl2ck dog:

thx for sharing this mission!  It's amazing how folks constantly improve on/add to the RAVAGE framework and create new gamemodes - and yours looks like it's got all the ingredients for a great gameplay with long-time motivation due to the levelling system. 

I've played it in hosted MP yesterday because I couldn't get it started in SP - mission crashed to the mission selection screen during loading.  Since I also have a rented dedi server, I'd like to know how I have to set up extDB and/or server to play it on my dedi.  Could you give the details on how to do that here? 

Regards

tourist

@tourist, mission currently not using extDB (although SWSS does support it), so setup is the same as for any other mission.

@bl2ck dog thank you for your work!

I tried it alone and I must say, that your mission is cool!

Please send some notification when you will play with squad. I'd like to join up!

And some question:

When I want to play it alone as hosted MP, how can I prevent mission from restarting. My gear is saved but it is possible to make progress persistent?

And I didn't be able to find what mean some signs on map (I think it was from contamination mod) , so  you should add some annotation on map.

@Hans(z), currently there's no way to save mission progress, but I'll try to fix that, can't promise it will happen soon though.

9 hours ago, bl2ck dog said:

@Hans(z), currently there's no way to save mission progress, but I'll try to fix that, can't promise it will happen soon though.

After some time on your server I realized meanings of all markers on the map.....

Sometimes I don't get points for discovering radioactive zone, but maybe it's  because I quickly get in and then out of the triger zone

Other problem is that I'm don't have repair, refuel action in action menu in respawned boats, but I think this is Ravage problem and it should be fixed in the next update.

I managed to get some Van to garage but after I spawn it near the garage I can't get in vehicle, only inventory of this vehicle is available for me.

I can reproduce problem with vehicles:

1) Get some vehicle

2) Reclaim vehicle

3) Park in garage - everything was allright till this moment

4) Unload from garage

5) Action menu is gone, I can only open inventory of my vehicle

BTW Can I buy some NVGs later in game? And how many ranks are in this mission?

• Thanks 1

@bl2ck dog:

have tried out your mission and just want to say thank you for the well-balanced mission concept and thoughtful script combination.  IMHO it's indeed quite rewarding that you have to "gain" item saving capability via playing long enough to reach Seargant rank, find a vehicle, bring it to the garage and THEN save your stuff in said vehicle's trunk. 

My rank and XP are saved across sessions, so that is not a problem at all. Only problem is the lack of persistence for location discoveries. Like it is now, you can sorta "farm" XP by visiting the harbour, a gas station and a bandit camp each after each re-join. 

And I also have a small improvement suggestion with those players in mind who play it in hosted MP or on their dedi alone without human teammates:

The mission should offer some AI recruitment option at the survivor bases, maybe tied to the rank how many u can recruit or with what equipment. 

I hope u don't mind, but I edited your mission for my private use in that regard by adding a Spyder Addons Recruitment module to it.  It's set to allow me recruiting of up to 12 AI teammates which get random gear. 

Since I know of no teammate persistency script what would work without ALiVE, these teammates will be lost after leaving and re-joining the mission. I see these guys as a simulation of an informal band of zone scouts who  team up for the day, share the risk and the loot and disband after return to the camp.  

Just a little firendly feedback it is; keep up the great work - you got me already hooked into that kind of RAVAGE mission and I'm eager to see how it develops further!:thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hans(z) said:

After some time on your server I realized meanings of all markers on the map.....

Sometimes I don't get points for discovering radioactive zone, but maybe it's  because I quickly get in and then out of the triger zone

This could happen, there's 15 seconds delay after entering area before actual XP award to everyone inside trigger - this made for groups, so not only first one who enters gains the reward, but whole team. But, yeah, this could 'backfire', if you exit the area before receiving reward.

Other problem is that I'm don't have repair, refuel action in action menu in respawned boats, but I think this is Ravage problem and it should be fixed in the next update.

This is current Ravage issue, @haleks is aware and working to fix it, I believe. Currently, I reverted server Ravage version to 1.47 and I suggest to stick to it for now, so at least spawned vehicles get Repair/Scavenge actions.

I managed to get some Van to garage but after I spawn it near the garage I can't get in vehicle, only inventory of this vehicle is available for me.

Press U to unlock. It's made if you accidentaly spawn vehicle in wrong place. But, yeah, it's not obvious, I'll add hint message.

BTW Can I buy some NVGs later in game? And how many ranks are in this mission?

7 ranks, Colonel is the latest. No, NVGs can only be found in cargo boxes that sometimes spawn at bandit camps.

Hint: more of them boxes spawn in military buildings (ATC tower, barracks, cargo houses/towers, etc) inside The Zone. Also there's super-secret reward inside central lab sphere *wink* Wear a gas mask and beware of robots, those buggers are really deadly...

58 minutes ago, tourist said:

The mission should offer some AI recruitment option at the survivor bases, maybe tied to the rank how many u can recruit or with what equipment. 

Thanks, that's pretty good idea, I definitely add it to mission. Don't play much SP, overlooked this option.

Also returned XP/rank/money HUD in latest version, what do you think? I'm kinda 50/50 here, personally I prefer no HUD at all, but I realize it might be confusing, especially for new players.

• Thanks 1

Sounds really cool. Have to get it loaded on the server and add this to our  rotation. Nice Job man!

17 hours ago, bl2ck dog said:

@haleks

Also returned XP/rank/money HUD in latest version, what do you think? I'm kinda 50/50 here, personally I prefer no HUD at all, but I realize it might be confusing, especially for new players.

Or you can make player's stats visible only by pressing 0-0-0, but there should be all stuff that you mentioned above. When I played before I could see only actual XP but not XP needed to next rank.

Version 1.22 is up! Thanks to @tourist advice, made it a bit more friendly for single players.

Spyder Addons required!

Now you can recruit up to 3 AI-survivors.

They are revivable and will attempt to revive player.

Also, our server now runs VComAI, which is going to make bandits a lot more fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@bl2ck dog

Hi server probably needs restar cuz "garage manager" and trader at Junkpile base are not at their positions, and someone leave vehicle at Junkpile spawn point so I couldn't get my own vehicles out. I think that CBA is updated and Ravage 1.49 probably repair that vehicle issue. But personaly you should wait. Haleks will release fixed version because in current version tents are deleted even if they have something in inventory.

And one last advice: make sure that Junkpile base is not radiated.

Thank you for providing ravage mission on your server!!!

I can't get it to work in Single Player mode, just says respawn disabled with no map showing. I made sure I'm only using your required mods and Ravage 147. Any suggestions?

17 hours ago, ferahgo said:

I can't get it to work in Single Player mode, just says respawn disabled with no map showing. I made sure I'm only using your required mods and Ravage 147. Any suggestions?

Try to host it as MP game on your own computer.

• Thanks 1

Also, I had to say, that development of this mission is currently put on hold due to work and training as Rescue operator. Hopefully this will not be the end and I'll get back to it later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey, it worked! And I learned something. In all these years I never hosted a local multiplayer. Thank you!

This mission is amazing! Thank you very much for combining the best from Ravage with the best from the community.

Question: Is there any way to have the recruitable AI cost some money to recruit?

Also, how do I earn money?

PS: The vehicle restoring system did not work on my hosted server. Players could claim vehicles and store them but when they tried to retrieve it the vehicles would just disappear. =(

@LSValmont, thanks for good reply, means a lot to me! )

Question: Is there any way to have the recruitable AI cost some money to recruit?

For now this mission development is put on hold, real-life comes first. But if I ever return to developing it, I'll see if I could add it.

Also, how do I earn money?

Sell loot from raiders and bandits. Rare weapons (MGs, sniper rifles, etc) and body armor cost more then common one.

PS: The vehicle restoring system did not work on my hosted server. Players could claim vehicles and store them but when they tried to retrieve it the vehicles would just disappear. =(

You sure it's disappeared and not spawned in wrong place? You had to select correct place when spawn one. We had couple times, when people spawned vehicles in other locations and couldn't find them.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 7:49 AM, bl2ck dog said:

@LSValmont, thanks for good reply, means a lot to me! )

Whats up Bl2ck Dog! I've ported your mission over to chernarous 2035 and added a few things here and there:

Here is the first Alpha version I case you want to check that out!  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xiEu0mmtGibblIEKGqU0Z9oUQnISLgUT 

Requirements:

- CBA

- CUP (The whole lineup)

- Chernarous 2035 map

- Ravage

- Stalker Like Anomalies (2MB) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1383903166

Recomended:

TRYK's Multi-Play Uniforms

New things:

- Heavily Customized HC Simple Shop for Ravage and CUP Gear.

- Living fully randomized world. Custom weather, Dynamic Ai and ever changing locations make each playthrough completely different.  (Thanks to bl2ck dog, Vandeanson, George Floros and Alias for their amazing scripts)

- My own custom health system with bleeding and a brand new damage model. Shots and injuries cause bleeding but no more instant deaths. High hydration and nutrition provide a slight regeneration as long as your wounds are minor and you are not bleeding.

- My own complete custom light system: blacks and shadows are deeper but without degrading the natural colors. Nights are scarier but also more realistic. 

- [Soon TM] Players will be able to play cooperatively and support a leader who will own territory on their behalf. Other players who do not favor that leader's rule and/or taxes can form other teams and try to take as many territories as possible on their own. Team members can betray their previous leader and steal territories from them becoming a competing Warlord instead. At the end the player/team with the most territories wins. The whole idea is to create a sort of roleplay pvp environment where rivals make alliances and betray as they struggle for supremacy over the wasteland.

I think it is looking good. Let me know what you think!

Cheers

• Like 1

Looks very great! The only thing that prevents me is the loss of mission progress after closing it... It's been a long time ago since I've developed in SQF, but maybe I'll have a look for that if you don't mind.. As soon as real-life allows it to me :)

On 6.11.2018 at 6:22 AM, LSValmont said:

Whats up Bl2ck Dog! I've ported your mission over to chernarous 2035 and added a few things here and there:

Here is the first Alpha version I case you want to check that out!  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xiEu0mmtGibblIEKGqU0Z9oUQnISLgUT 

Requirements:

- CBA

- CUP (The whole lineup)

- Chernarous 2035 map

- Ravage

- Stalker Like Anomalies (2MB) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1383903166

Recomended:

TRYK's Multi-Play Uniforms

New things:

- Heavily Customized HC Simple Shop for Ravage and CUP Gear.

- Living fully randomized world. Custom weather, Dynamic Ai and ever changing locations make each playthrough completely different.  (Thanks to bl2ck dog, Vandeanson, George Floros and Alias for their amazing scripts)

- My own custom health system with bleeding and a brand new damage model. Shots and injuries cause bleeding but no more instant deaths. High hydration and nutrition provide a slight regeneration as long as your wounds are minor and you are not bleeding.

- My own complete custom light system: blacks and shadows are deeper but without degrading the natural colors. Nights are scarier but also more realistic. 

- [Soon TM] Players will be able to play cooperatively and support a leader who will own territory on their behalf. Other players who do not favor that leader's rule and/or taxes can form other teams and try to take as many territories as possible on their own. Team members can betray their previous leader and steal territories from them becoming a competing Warlord instead. At the end the player/team with the most territories wins. The whole idea is to create a sort of roleplay pvp environment where rivals make alliances and betray as they struggle for supremacy over the wasteland.

I think it is looking good. Let me know what you think!

Cheers

Loos also nice! Before I might have a look into saving mission progress, have you done anything about that too?

• Like 1

Just now, Godis_1 said:

Loos also nice! Before I might have a look into saving mission progress, have you done anything about that too?

Hello Godis! I am glad that you are liking it. I actually completely rewrote most scripts yesterday and will be releasing a new version that runs almost twice as fast. My FPS went from 50 to 70! 

Anyways, the mission currently saves your current location, money, rank, experience, gear, vehicles and anything you store in your vehicles.

If you are talking about saving your progress in capturing territories and/or dead npcs then no, I haven't done anything about that and TBH I am not that good at persistance and databases so if you could help with that it would be awesome!

I am currently done with the system that lets players choose a faction (Survivors, Raiders or the Military). And the mission should also save your current faction because right now if you exit the game and come back you will be survivor again and you have to repeat the process to join your faction. I can send you the latest mission version if you want?

• Like 2