Daniel Siddall

I love BOMF but need Help

I love BOMSF because of the upgraded weapons.  I almost always choose Anti-Tank because the rifle with scope is great and I love to be able to take out choppers and tanks with the rockets.  I also love that I can sprint without getting tired.   Here's where I need help.   I want to be able to play other maps from other mods with these benefits.  I figured I have two approaches.  1) figure out how to cut/paste weapons from BOMSF into the other mod or 2) Figure out how to edit the other mod's maps so they work in BOMSF.  Any advice on which approach would work best.  Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, Daniel Siddall said:

1) figure out how to cut/paste weapons from BOMSF into the other mod or 2) Figure out how to edit the other mod's maps so they work in BOMSF.  

Neither approach is allowed (without explicit consent from the mod author(s).) 

Please bear this in mind:

19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

I am only talking about making these changes for my own personal use and enjoyment.   I don't know how or why anything different would or could be interpreted from my post.

No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable. "I don't know how or why anything different would or could be interpreted from my post."

Your own first message says that all of that applies to anything  OTHER than for personal use.  I will state again, it's only for personal use, so none of that applies.   I feel like you are more concerned about quoting rules, than actually reading the question and trying to provide a helpful answer.   Don't worry, I see what this place is and my expectations are now zero.  I will seek help elsewhere.

Firstly, you made no mention of personal use in your original post. So, with regards to personal use, I will direct you to AMAR (Addon Makers for Author's Rights). 

FAQ#11

Is editing an addon for personal use allowed?

By default editing and addon for personal or squad use is not allowed unless permission is given by the author except for addons that will remain restricted to the editor's own PC. Showing off personal edits in screenshots and/or videos with or without an intention to release the edited addon is also not allowed. The main reason why these activities are not allowed is likely because the author does not want people to have unrealistic expectations of their addons, does not want to see the quality of their addon decline, is not looking forward to receiving complaints about poorly functioning addons that they did not release etc. Posting screenshots and/or videos is seen as taking credit for someone else's work, especially if the source of the content is not mentioned. If the editing is done purely to suit the taste of the person that is changing the addon no one will object to editing. Just beware that any private editing means that problems that may arise because of the editing are not the author's problem and likely means losing all means of  support. 

Its actually better to contact the authors and request permission. I haven't been denied by any author as just yet to edit their work. Most authors are quite happy that people are still using their mods. If they are still active on the forums that is.

Also you might get valuable information from the author regarding editing. Its just logical.

Hope this helps.